Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Longest game of Magic...well, for me anyways
Old 26 Feb 2007, 01:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Longest game of Magic...well, for me anyways

Ok.. So a friend was over and we were play M:TG. He had his Arcbound critter deck and I had a 5 color deck that just had stuff thrown in. After the first few turns, we decided that we'd just see who can build the largest army and then attack... hehheh
Well, He ended up with the largest army (36 creatures) and I only had 24 creatures. He was down to his final draw his next turn before he was decked out. He had several creatures out in play and 4 that had trample and more than enough to go through my lil' army (he was able to deal 150 points of damage).
And I had 31 life where he had 14.
Well, it was my turn and I had been holding onto 2 cards, waiting for the time where we'd start attacking.
One card was Dryad's Caress (gain 1 life for each creature in play) and the other was Netherborn Phalanx.
Netherborn Phalanx was a 2/4 creature.. but it's ability was: When Nether born Phalanx comes into play, each opponent is dealt 1 point of damage for each creature in his/her control. Just to be "nice", I gave him 7 life so he'd be at 21.
Below is the pics of my table (pre-Phalanx). He had no clue what was instore for him.

Needless to say.. when I cast the Netherborn Phalanx, I won the game... heh heh.. Final score was 91 to -15.

Mackenewbli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2007, 02:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Longest game of Magic...well, for me anyways

Damn... do you have your decklist?
the_vilest_worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2007, 03:01   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVW
Damn... do you have your decklist?
Decklist as in the cards in that deck or the decks I have?

heh heh, if you mean the cards in the deck, nope.. but it's easy to put together... I'll get that typed up tomorrow or Tuesday... currently I'm painting my first W40K figure.. space marine...
Old 26 Feb 2007, 03:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeah, that's what I meant. I seem to have developed a habit of pouring over deck-lists.
the_vilest_worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2007, 04:44   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Sp00k2552

First of all.. HOW MANY CARDS do you play?
I never play more than 60-65 at most.
And i have played a game that in technicality wouldnt have even ended yet.

Leveler, Shared FAte combo, i have levelr and platinum angel in play.. Platinum had wispersilk cloak on. I could deal guarenteed 14pts a turn but with my friends mana production and life gain enchants/artifacts he could gain 15. I had overturned his entire deck and because shared fate states 'INSTEAD of Drawing' we cannot lose by that maner.

Besides that... even in that exact situation, my elves right now would in about 2 seconds demolish not only both players, but all of your creatures with one fireball, or ghitus fire.
All while i sit at about 500,000 life

gg burn-elves FTW
Old 26 Feb 2007, 06:58   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to A_lil_confuzed

Hour and a half, double headed giant.

The other team kept bringing cratures and enchantments out, and blocked or bounced everyone of our attacks.
We lost.

New Seal!
A_lil_confuzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2007, 12:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00k2552

Leveler, Shared FAte combo, i have levelr and platinum angel in play.. Platinum had wispersilk cloak on. I could deal guarenteed 14pts a turn but with my friends mana production and life gain enchants/artifacts he could gain 15. I had overturned his entire deck and because shared fate states 'INSTEAD of Drawing' we cannot lose by that maner.

Besides that... even in that exact situation, my elves right now would in about 2 seconds demolish not only both players, but all of your creatures with one fireball, or ghitus fire.

gg burn-elves FTW
uh huh sure... first to answer your question, my decks go from 60 to 81 cards depending what's in it. And for your decks, the game would have been over quickly. 1) I never have a deck that doesn't contain counter spells. 2) I love counter spells on a stick. 3) the platinum angel/whisper silk cloak combo is easy to deal with: destroy the cloak, then the angel.
and as far as the rest, you're just full of it You must keep in mind the difference in theory and application. Ghitu Fire on deals damage to 1 target, a fireball will divide damage evenly for additional cost.. wouldn't destroy either army. AND how could you have overturned his deck? Leveler only makes YOU remove your library from the game not your opponents. Even if your friend casts Shared Fate, that doesn't help you since there aren't any cards in your library to remove from the game. All you would have done is delay the inevitable long enough for him to do some disenchanting and then win by having you decked.
And the only reason we let the game go was we wanted to see you had the largest army. In which case, he could have won with the Arcbound Crushers.
Old 26 Feb 2007, 13:06   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
Hour and a half, double headed giant.

The other team kept bringing cratures and enchantments out, and blocked or bounced everyone of our attacks.
We lost.
That was a 2.5 hour game for us. heh heh
my actual decks tend to have less creatures than other spells... I like to get rid of the creatures before they can attack.. hehe hhe..
Old 26 Feb 2007, 18:48   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Sp00k2552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackenewbli
Quote:

gg burn-elves FTW
uh huh sure... first to answer your question, my decks go from 60 to 81 cards depending what's in it. And for your decks, the game would have been over quickly. 1) I never have a deck that doesn't contain counter spells. 2) I love counter spells on a stick. 3) the platinum angel/whisper silk cloak combo is easy to deal with: destroy the cloak, then the angel.
and as far as the rest, you're just full of it You must keep in mind the difference in theory and application. Ghitu Fire on deals damage to 1 target, a fireball will divide damage evenly for additional cost.. wouldn't destroy either army. AND how could you have overturned his deck? Leveler only makes YOU remove your library from the game not your opponents. Even if your friend casts Shared Fate, that doesn't help you since there aren't any cards in your library to remove from the game. All you would have done is delay the inevitable long enough for him to do some disenchanting and then win by having you decked.
And the only reason we let the game go was we wanted to see you had the largest army. In which case, he could have won with the Arcbound Crushers.
First of all my elves have the ability to make infinte mana.. So there fore i could have made it target every single one of your creatures for any ammount of damage from 1-1000000 etc. and yourselves as well. Second, conuterspell, or spell on a stick who cares, i run counter as well and byt he time i set my combo off u cant target the creature doing it and i will out conter you with an infinte source of mana. And seince manaprod is instant i will have thousands floating before i let the creature pop.

Now as for the plat deck.. LEVELER does say that i overturn my decl (remove from game) SHAREDFATE (read why not try it) states he would remove the top card from my deck and play it as though it was in his hand instead of drawing.. NOW that means I play both same turn, now look YOU HAVE NOTHING TO DRAW.. and with the combo of discard and control i run in the deck just try and destroy the cloak or the angel with however many card you have left in your hand WHILE I PLAY YOUR DECK. Think about it.. no wonder you run 70+cards..

oh and btw.. even if my elves dont get the combo off, you would never fear a 1/1 trampler and much as you do when im done... or i can sit there at millions of life untill we deck. Both decks are air tight and the longest they have ever taken to go off is 5 turns. Enjoy..
Old 26 Feb 2007, 19:40   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackenewbli
Quote:

gg burn-elves FTW
First of all my elves have the ability to make infinte mana.. So there fore i could have made it target every single one of your creatures for any ammount of damage from 1-1000000 etc. and yourselves as well. Second, conuterspell, or spell on a stick who cares, i run counter as well and byt he time i set my combo off u cant target the creature doing it and i will out conter you with an infinte source of mana. And seince manaprod is instant i will have thousands floating before i let the creature pop.

Now as for the plat deck.. LEVELER does say that i overturn my decl (remove from game) SHAREDFATE (read why not try it) states he would remove the top card from my deck and play it as though it was in his hand instead of drawing.. NOW that means I play both same turn, now look YOU HAVE NOTHING TO DRAW.. and with the combo of discard and control i run in the deck just try and destroy the cloak or the angel with however many card you have left in your hand WHILE I PLAY YOUR DECK. Think about it.. no wonder you run 70+cards..

oh and btw.. even if my elves dont get the combo off, you would never fear a 1/1 trampler and much as you do when im done... or i can sit there at millions of life untill we deck. Both decks are air tight and the longest they have ever taken to go off is 5 turns. Enjoy..
1) Why do you have to always start a post with "First of all"? And if you spelled a tad bit better, it would be easier to read what you type. (Grabs the Aleve.)
2) You decks are no where near "airtight". You think they are, and in theory, it might work. But you also think that no one can beat you. (Yes, that is how you are coming off.) There are no elves that can generate infinite mana. Are there combinations of cards that include elves that can set you up for that? Yes, but you have to be able to get that out and keep it out. There are simple cards that will take care of any of your "airtight" combos.
hmm.. let's see... Boomerang (Disempower, Disenchant, Tranquilize, etc) the Shared Fate. Uh oh.. you've decked because you can't draw anything. Do the same to the Whisper Silk Cloak and Platinum Angel. Do the same to the Leveler.
Hmm.. Elf deck.. let's see.. You want to cast fireball/ghitu fire/stream of life/etc. Ok, I'll Fork it. Or maybe I'll cast Deflection. I don't have to try to counterspell everything. Instead, I'll just take the life myself or give you the damage. Or if I want to counter, Last Word. There is a counter spell that you can't counter.
You assume that because that deck was just thrown together cards that I don't have good decks that would beat yours. It's just not true. In fact, (just to one up what you've claimed) I have a deck that can kill you at the beginning of your 5th turn. Now, this is of course in theory, as it requires the right cards from the beginning, but the way you've been typing that's all we are talking about anyways.

I have another deck that will just keep all your items tapped. No mana, no creatures to attack/block with, no artifacts to use. In the mean time, I attack with creatures with vigilance and knock you down before you know what happened.

BTW, Remember Oblivion Stone or Nevinyrral's Disk? Just another way to kill the Angel without worrying about the Cloak.

But you are more then welcome to drive down to SC and play Magic with me. I'd enjoy the company and challenge and debating.