Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Post from your Wii!
Closed Thread
Old 22 Dec 2006, 23:34   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Post from your Wii!

Hehe, this post is from my Wii. what are ye thoughts on the wii and its growing functionality?
Old 23 Dec 2006, 01:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Luy22 Send a message via MSN to Luy22
Default Re: Post from your Wii!

IMO, the Wii's bad. I played it yesterday at a club thingy afterschool. Couldn't figure out how to do somthing. I now understand why it was going to be called the Revolution.... Changed the way I looked at video gaming... but it's too difficult for me lol... Dee dee dee!!
Only then your life I will save
Old 23 Dec 2006, 01:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Farseer Cold-Beer

Im getting one for christmas, plus Zelda TLP and CoD3... My friend has played one and told me it is the greatest thing in the world, and as a rule he HATES nintendo...

The thing about the Wii is that other consoles claim to be 'next gen' but all they are is next gen graphics. The Wii combines next gen graphics with unique next gen gamplay, never before seen to this scale. The PS I toy is the next best thing and that was a flop, this is VR at its finest
Old 23 Dec 2006, 06:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

well, back from my computer, i'm just going to give you my Wii Story.

I camped at my local zellers (canadian version of K-Mart, I don't know if you have one) where i Work on the 19th of november. so did my brother, and his girlfriend. my brother and I were the 4th people in line, his girlfriend, the 5th. we got the last wii in town, she didn't get one. she was devastated, so we drove her to the next town over to find one. she got the last one in the other town. so we came home, (my brother and i with wii, 3 extra wii-motes, another nunchuck, zelda and Excitetruck. so we play and play and play some more. and then we get red steel. All three of our games take up equal amounts of my time. they're all so good.

The wii is actually really great to play. it's incredibly fun. even the most "ZOMG NINTENDO SUXXORZ" of my friends say "okay, nintendo doesn't suck anymore, this is better than sony's lame attempt at next gen."
Old 23 Dec 2006, 07:02   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I like the Wii, although I haven't got the chance to play with one yet. It's the only console that offers something PCs don't have. Still, I want to hold out a little and make sure it gets third party support, something all the new systems need to worry about (PS3 because it's expensive to make games on, Wii because of the obvious and the 360 because... well... its Microsoft).
Old 27 Dec 2006, 03:28   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Typing this as my dad and brother play bowling, having interrupted my game of twilight princess. I must say, even though I was a nintendo diehard, I was worried about the Wii- I've seen too many crappy arcade games that claim to have "motion sensors" but are really crap, but the Wii works amazingly well. The Wii sports, though something of a gimmick "look what my controller can do" thing, do a great job of showing what the controls are like. Tennis and bowling are fun, baseball blows (because it's really just pitch-and hit- and fielding in the infield is an out- long story) and boxing's weird. Haven't tried golf.

As for Twilight Princess, the game is unreal. The graphics are amazing (from what I'm used to with the gamecube and the like), and it flows amazingly well. Gameplay's really smooth, and the one problem I had at the beginning (aiming, which is the only part where you have to point the controller at the TV) has largely been corrected. Best Zelda game ever, and that's saying something. My only complaint is that the enemies could be a bit harder, but I've had that complaint with all Zelda games barring Windwaker. (though it could change, I've only just beaten the first temple).
Overall, the game kicks so much ass it's unbelievable. My favorite part's a tossup between calling down a hawk to get stuff for you, riding your horse, or, as a wolf, jumping on enemies and biting at their throats.

Kudos to my dad, who got up at 4:30 and stood in line, and was 43rd of 47 to get us a Wii for christmas!
Old 27 Dec 2006, 16:35   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I didn't get a wii(not surprised really), so i'll play the xbox(with a gears of war faceplate, i'm a nerd), playing Gears, Burnout, Oblivion, Prey, and Ultimate Alliance. Speaking of those games, anyone tried Ultimate lliance on wii yet? Looks fun. You guys better get exited for Burnout on the wii.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Old 28 Dec 2006, 10:38   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Farseer Cold-Beer

Rogue 7, I like the way you think... I LOVE MY WII! I only stop playing it for:
Sleep
Food/Drink
My brother keeps kicking me off it to play Sprost Tennis
I died and chucked a hissy-fit at the TV and am angry i have to do heaps more in zelda...

Im up to the zelda part where you ahve to find the bridge, cos some one moved it or somethign in twighlight...
Old 28 Dec 2006, 19:05   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

You haven't got to Kakariko yet? It's in the Faron Woods, just south of the temple, you can warp directly to it. Having gotten even further, now, I'm even more addicted (Stayed up till 2:30 playing last night, probably will do so tonight). Best freakin' game EVER. If we never got another game for the Wii, it'd be worth it. The second boss is crazy- he looks like a mix between a balrog, a cave troll, and a tyranid. Still hopped-up from all the Zelda awesomeness.
Old 28 Dec 2006, 21:36   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

well, in Zelda, I'm in the 4th temple, but i just can't bring myself to play it (i know that once i beat it, I'll start to get bored of it, so I'm savoring each gaming session now)

Anyhow: the way that my games stack up are:

Zelda: 9.5/10
Red steel (i beat it last night): 8/10
Excitetruck: 7.5/10
Wii Sports Tennis: 5/10 single player, 9/10 Multiplayer
Wii Baseball: 5/10
Wii Bowling: 7/10
Wii Golf: 6/10
Wii Boxing: 7.5/10
Closed Thread