Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

MMORPG
Closed Thread
Old 22 Oct 2006, 21:04   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default MMORPG

I was always appaled by the concept of MMO games and people take them too far... I didn't play them because I knew they would consume my life, and now everyone that I'm friends with is playing WoW... I want tyo play an MMO but now WoW, I was going to wait until Warhammer Online came out but I guess not... any suggestions?

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 22 Oct 2006, 22:06   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: MMORPG

If your going to buy warhammer online.. then ave your money, play runescape, its free, pretty darn good (aside form graphics) and no monthly fee...

But if that aint your cuppa tea... get guild wars.. one off purchase, no monthly payment!
Old 22 Oct 2006, 22:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I was thinking Guild Wars, but no one plays... I was really looking for alternatives that aren't really in the spotlight, liek EVE online, but that one is down the tubes...

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 22 Oct 2006, 22:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

runescape is ok. In fact, we have a clan here on tau online dedicated to it.
Old 22 Oct 2006, 23:10   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I am not looking for runescapre, I have played it and I did not like it...

Quote:
Old 22 Oct 2006, 23:20   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

ah, okay then

try this:

www.onrpg.com

a massive list of games and stuff...
Old 24 Oct 2006, 12:01   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Try Silk Road Online it's fun

Turning and Turning in the widening gyre, the falcon cannot hear the falconer; Things fall apart; The centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.
W.B. Yeates
The Second Coming

Thanks to Drobot for the sig
Old 24 Oct 2006, 12:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminatus
I was thinking Guild Wars, but no one plays...

I logged on, turned 180 degrees, and pressed Ctrl to bring up nearby players... thats one of five districts of one of the dozens of towns ingame.
Old 24 Oct 2006, 23:15   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

I meant no one that I know... but if you play Novae, then I must give it a try (I'll post my character as soon as I start)

Quote:
Old 24 Oct 2006, 23:37   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminatus
I meant no one that I know... but if you play Novae, then I must give it a try (I'll post my character as soon as I start)
Cool! ;D

The price tag per unit is decent, and there's no monthly fee - it looks and runs well on low-spec. It's also realy casual; I haven't played for a few days and my hands arn't shaking .
Closed Thread