Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

"Roll again on this table"
Old 18 May 2010, 14:45   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default "Roll again on this table"

First off, hello from Washington DC, this is my first time posting on this great website. As a recent 40K inductee, this forum has helped me build and play my first ork army, "Da HammerBlaids".

I recently came across a land raider for fairly cheap and wanted to place it in my army due to its massive firepower and even more impressive armor. The rules for looted tanks states that at the start of the turn, I must roll to see if I 1)stay put 2)Stay put, roll on this table again, or 3) charge forward 2d6. I was just wondering what the phrase "roll on this table again" means when the text before the table tells me to roll on this table at the start of every turn.

Insight into this phrase or into looted vehicles at all would be awesome, thanks.
Old 18 May 2010, 14:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: "Roll again on this table"

Are you certain that you have the most up-to-date version of the Ork Codex? Because the current Codex's rule for Looted Wagons does not include a table of any kind for Don't Press Dat.

That said, welcome to the forum. Be sure to check out the rules and to play nicely
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2010, 15:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Welcome!

You are using the previous codex. We got a new one about 2-years ago and Looted Wagons/Vehicles are handled VERY differently than from the old codex.

If you are going to use the old codex then you roll at the start of your turn on that table. If you roll a 1 then you roll again immediately. If you roll a 1 a second time then you can't move that turn.
Old 18 May 2010, 17:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Welcome from me, too!

As already said; you are using the old Ork Codex, written for 3rd Edition (which is nearly ten years old). Now that we've finally gotten our greedy green fingers on the new one, we should use it, too

Generally speaking, "looting" is gone, and all "Looted Vehicles" in an Ork army have the same profile. Nonetheless you could easily use the Land Raider as a Battlewagon (which has gotten way better over the old Codex, and is NOT 0-1 nowadays! Tank Bash!).

A general note: You should always be sure that you are playing with the most up-to-date rulesset; sadly, GW is not giving much information about this on their Homepage, though you can easily compare your version of the rules (Codex, Rulebook) with the version shown on the GW-page.

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jun 2010, 08:55   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Helllo and Welcome there, ;D

There are a couple of things you should do to fix your Ork situation now :

1. Get a new Codex before planning anything, since there are major changes in between both codexes.
2. Keep your Land Raider. Since it looks a bit too 'bulky' for a regular looted wagon, you can convert it into a kustom battlewagon, which is even nastier and more playable compared to the looted wagon.

And sad to say, Ork's killkanon firepower doesn't match those of IG humies, Tau fish'eads, panzee/dark panzees or even those chaos/regular beakie marine boyz. You can build your squad according to what you like better, but most competitive ork list nowdays still live by numbers (mass boyz, mass killa kans, mass trukks, mass dakka units, mass battlewagon).

Rememba our main hurt though : POWER KLAWS.
Old 07 Jun 2010, 09:03   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazuki85
And sad to say, Ork's killkanon firepower doesn't match those of IG humies, Tau fish'eads, panzee/dark panzees or even those chaos/regular beakie marine boyz. You can build your squad according to what you like better, but most competitive ork list nowdays still live by numbers (mass boyz, mass killa kans, mass trukks, mass dakka units, mass battlewagon).

Rememba our main hurt though : POWER KLAWS.
Never under estimate the boomgun. A SWulf player did that and it cost him 25 men in two turns of shooting. Now that is deadly.

And yes power klaws are the main way to beat most armies, although it is good in a nobs squad to also have some BC's as they pack some punch.

- Will
Old 07 Jun 2010, 09:10   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Never under estimate the boomgun. A SWulf player did that and it cost him 25 men in two turns of shooting. Now that is deadly.
I did better :P

1 boomgun shoots at 3 clumped squads of fire warriors (in a planetstrike game)

I roll an arrow (my opponnent laughts) and it scatters the shot to hit 4 from each squad. All squads fail morale and run off the board. Oh snap - 360 points gone from a rusty rhino with a leman russ cannon duct-taped to it.

Buy the new codex. The fact that we are fearless down to the last 10 models is AWESOME and who doesnt like 120+ attacks on the charge from a single squad of boys

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jun 2010, 09:15   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Zambia
Quote:
I did better :P

1 boomgun shoots at 3 clumped squads of fire warriors (in a planetstrike game)

I roll an arrow (my opponnent laughts) and it scatters the shot to hit 4 from each squad. All squads fail morale and run off the board. Oh snap - 360 points gone from a rusty rhino with a leman russ cannon duct-taped to it.
Nice one, that is pretty good going. Although now all my mates hate it so it is one for the first things they try and kill. So soon I'll get another one :P That should help stop then, 'cos killing two is harder than killing one.

- Will
Old 14 Jun 2010, 12:04   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Or the fact that with S8 AP3, you can easily take down Crisis like nobody's business. Or even instantgib Nids Warriors.

I love Boomwagons but the fact that I got Killa Kans and Big Guns contesting it is really hard to decide. :S