Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

if you could change one thing...
Old 17 May 2010, 21:51   #21 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: if you could change one thing...

wow. I wasn't expecting to get this many responses! I'm pleasantly surprised though.

anyway, great ideas guys! i'll be writing them down and trying them out on Thursday, so keep 'em coming.
95% of teens would go into a panic attack if the jonas brothers were about to jump off the empire state building, copy and paste this if you? are the 5% who would pull up a lawn chair & grab some popcorn and yell JUMP

how many boards
could the mongols hoard
if the mongol hordes
got bored?
big mek metalgutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2010, 23:23   #22 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

I did a game where i house-ruled some ork "kommands", similar to imperial guard's orders. Obviously the orks saw the guard big boss saying a few key lines which helped ko-ordinate deir boyz so he fortz he might do the same

It made out for a pretty comical game.

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2010, 00:02   #23 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher

Allow shoota boy nobs to take a shoota and powerklaw. Why aren't the shoota boy nobz 'ard enough to wield a shoota in one hand there orks its not like its accurate or anything. It just isn't proper that all of the regular shoota boyz have more dakka than the nob.
Old 25 May 2010, 23:03   #24 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys. there were a lot of ideas, so i just singled out the most common, coolest, and funnest ones.

1) higher AV's on looted wagons turned out to be a great idea. it made them much better, and in my opinion, much more worth their points, as mine always end up getting singled out.

2)MANZ as an upgrade for nobs: also a very good house rule to use, especially in my opinion, as the reason I rarely take them is because of their lack of versatility by way of upgrades.

3) changing the waaagh: only one I didnt really like the result of. Although the area effect version seemed cool at first, it really brought on a disadvantage, especially if using the only HQ rule, as if you dont have a warboss, your enemy can easily deprive you of your coolest special rule, and if your boyz are all clumped together, that only makes thing easier for them... :P

4) killa kans as troops: didnt really change them all that much, but made for a pretty intimidating army... >

thats all I've done for now, but ill be sure to do some more of the ideas posted, and any more people may come up with!

thanks all.
95% of teens would go into a panic attack if the jonas brothers were about to jump off the empire state building, copy and paste this if you? are the 5% who would pull up a lawn chair & grab some popcorn and yell JUMP

how many boards
could the mongols hoard
if the mongol hordes
got bored?
big mek metalgutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2010, 23:06   #25 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

I made a "mek's workshop" army list up (for fun, was an epic army list)

It contained:
2 Big Meks
26 Lootas
3 Deff Dreads
6 Kans
15 Koptas
Total = 2000 Points

EDIT: And this is a legal list too according to FoC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jun 2010, 09:19   #26 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Big Meks - they need to be tougher. They are HQ choices, and can lead a band into battle. yet they are actually no more than a lone Nob with 1 better leadership. or perhaps a 'Big Big Mek', a warboss with mek-y options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demitriusnassy
Haha ;D I am Bob, the devourer of Souls. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Turning the Power Matrix into some kind of Disco Ball of Death? :P
willwills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jun 2010, 09:52   #27 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by willwills
Big Meks - they need to be tougher. They are HQ choices, and can lead a band into battle. yet they are actually no more than a lone Nob with 1 better leadership. or perhaps a 'Big Big Mek', a warboss with mek-y options.
Stick him in mega armor with a pk and burna, then call him a pansy and see what happens.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jun 2010, 12:10   #28 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to erebus Send a message via MSN to erebus Send a message via Yahoo to erebus

Mostly I'd just put more options into the looted wagons IE armour value increases and a change to the big red button rule if you have a boomgun- with that big a gun to fire the boyz would be a bit more preocupied with shooting fings, so maybe the roll of a 1 should be an over pressure shell the boyz found that HAS to be fired in the shooting phase, the gun fires as normal but with +1 strength and a D6" radius instead of the template(but still use the template as a marker for scatter and the centre point)and the wagon takes a glancing hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
So I guess you could not call a Waaagh! if the HQ options were still in reserve? .
If your boss is hiding in reserve he's not a very good boss.
erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jun 2010, 12:50   #29 (permalink)
Shas'La

Big Mek with Mega Armored AND KFF. Now that's a Big Mek I won't mind investing on.
Old 09 Jun 2010, 13:03   #30 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobb
Big Mek with Mega Armored AND KFF. Now that's a Big Mek I won't mind investing on.
If only it were possible...