Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

if you could change one thing...
Old 16 May 2010, 14:29   #11 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: if you could change one thing...

Heavens knows I've thought about this enough:

1. Tankbustas
Give them Tank Hunter USR.
It seems like a no-brainer, but it would put these guys on everyone's mandatory list ASAP.
Giving them +1 to armor penetration would make them lords of anti-mech.

2. Flash Gitz
I don't mind the Gitz so much. They should be pricey.
But if they could get a Battlewagon as a Dedicated Transport, that would solve so many problems.
Oh, and give them a special ammo grot that lets them re-roll all missed shots once per game.

3. MANZ
It seems sort of weird, but why not make Mega-Armor as an option for regular nobz and roll them together? That way MANZ would have the same options as regular Nobz (i.e. WAARGH Banner, Painboy and the like...).

4. DeffDreads
Heavens knows I love these guys, but they would be back on the A-list if only they could do one thing: WAARGH!
If you let them fleet with everyone else, they would be king. A fleeting 4-armed dread would be wonderful, and totally worth it's points.

5. Looted Wagons
If the Wagon could have AR13 (or even 12!) that would be great.

6. Stormboyz
If you could just let them WAARGH. Please. It would be glorious. Though maybe broken...

Best,
-BT
BigToof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2010, 15:25   #12 (permalink)
Shas'El

Just one thing.......sell a nice customizable plastic Warboss model, and let him take a combi weapon if he wants mega armor.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2010, 15:54   #13 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutfox
Just one thing.......sell a nice customizable plastic Warboss model, and let him take a combi weapon if he wants mega armor.
This is a good plan.

Also Tank Hunter USR on tankbustas I also agree with.

Not too bothered about Looted wagons too be honest.

But Mega-Nobz should be able to have a painboy and all the other nob upgrades. Just becuase they have mega armour surely doesn't mean they can't be bionic inside of it, instead it probably makes it more likely!

- Will
Old 16 May 2010, 16:16   #14 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

i like the way looted wagons are as well. The big red button is just part of the randomness of orks that I like. And I have rolled ones twice in a row in a game that really pissed me off, but realistically they arent going to last 6 turns, so you should only miss one turn of firing every other game or so.
The stormboyz getting Waaagh back would probably be to much, they get it for free pretty much. What I dont like is if you take Zagstruck, they NEED Waagh back for the turn they DS, otherwise they are pretty worthless.
skybronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2010, 16:56   #15 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor{DoH}
I'd love to have back the hold Mob Up rule. The current Mob Rule for LD is great and all except, as Fish Ead pointed out, with small elite units like Nobs or even small Trukk Boyz mobs used in Speed Freek lists. As I run a Speed Freek list I can find myself taking a -4 or -5 LD test on a unit that's not fearless and bosspole or not, getting snake eyes when you need them is a rare thing. Anyway, if we had the old mob up rule then at least if I fall back I know I have a good chance to mob up with another unit and save myself from complete destruction.

I don't think it would be truly overpowered either, may need some further tweaks in the codex to make it work right, but Marines get ATSKNF so we know GW isn't opposed to having units virtually indestructible against anything short of killing each member in a unit.
I agree, Thor. I miss the old Mob Rulez. I think the problem comes up when combining the old Mob Rulez (where a retreating Ork unit can join a unit behind them) with the 50% cost (point) drop that the new Ork Codex allows. It may be to much in combination. I still miss that rule, however.

One rule I would change is the wound allocation rules with Ork Nobz for having minor differences in armament. Seems a bit chessy to me.
Old 16 May 2010, 22:22   #16 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Polzinator Send a message via Yahoo to Polzinator

I don't have much to complain about, but one thing that would be awesome would be to allow Killa Kans to be chosen as a troop choice with the purchase of a big mek in the same way that dreads are.

Polzinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2010, 22:37   #17 (permalink)
Shas'O

Only allow the HQ's to call the Waagh.

Silly, I know, but if I were leading my own band of Orks, I would kill any other Ork that dared to call my waagh. >

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2010, 23:15   #18 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan

Silly, I know, but if I were leading my own band of Orks, I would kill any other Ork that dared to call my waagh. >
Then have that rule instead

*If a model other than a HQ calls a Waaaagh! then the squad he is with says "shuttup 'ArdChoppa" and the overviewing nob (or the boyz should the nob be busy) inflict a wound on him in the same way a bosspole wound is inflicted. That unit may not shoot or run in the shooting phase, but still may assault, as they are temporarily held up killing the false alarm. Unfortunately the orks hear the shout and charge forward anyways so the waaaagh! counts as being used.*

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2010, 23:27   #19 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:

So I guess you could not call a Waaagh! if the HQ options were still in reserve? Because in the other case where the HQ choices are indisposed it might be something of a moot point. Unless you rewrote the rule so that it functioned as a radius ability around the HQ (not a bad thought).
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2010, 01:00   #20 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
Quote:

So I guess you could not call a Waaagh! if the HQ options were still in reserve? Because in the other case where the HQ choices are indisposed it might be something of a moot point. Unless you rewrote the rule so that it functioned as a radius ability around the HQ (not a bad thought).
If not on the field/dead then I would probably have the rule unable to be used.

I don't play Orks though, I just thought (as an Ork) that it'd be propa' to only let the boss announce/yell it. :P

If it were a radius effect, I feel it would need to be beefed up, since I've seen those Ork players with next to no space left on the board from huge squads and it would be a massive downgrade if it couldn't get as much effect as it does now.

Lol, you could then have speaker systems or a bullhorn to extend the range of the yell or have a mek (in a vehicle, hence the speakers) announce it. :lion:

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote