Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ork Battlewagon Upgrade Pack
Old 10 May 2010, 09:30   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Ork Battlewagon Upgrade Pack

So, I finally started making a battlewagon from the land raider treads I got off Ebay a year ago. My big question is has anyone bought the upgrade pack from GW, and if so how big is the deffrolla that it comes with? My new battlewagon is pretty big (fits 20 orks), and I'm worried the deffrolla will be too narrow. If it comes to it I'll just scratchbuild one, but I kind of like that kit, and I need bommsquigs anyway and would need to buy both for the free shipping. So, can someone take some measurements if you have it? Thanks.

Edit: Well I ended up getting it, along with a pack of bommsquigs from Thor's suggestion. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with it; the deffrolla is tiny. I hate how small GW vehicles are. I'm definitely going to have to beef it up a little, or it will look stupid on my battlewagon. I just hope people don't cry foul, but the guys at my LGS have been cool with all my other conversions. Besides the deffrolla the rest of the sprue is nice though, and the bommsquigs are great. Can't wait for them to blow up my own looted wagon.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2010, 12:30   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Ork Battlewagon Upgrade Pack

Hey, the boomgun, does that come with the upgrade kit, or is it with the Battlewagon kit?
BentuKaisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2010, 12:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

The upgrade pack comes with a kannon, there is no where to buy a boomgun; you have to make one yourself or loot one.
Old 20 Jun 2010, 13:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout Fox
The upgrade pack comes with a kannon, there is no where to buy a boomgun; you have to make one yourself or loot one.
But your friends would rather you build one yourself instead of looting one of theirs and seeing if they recognize it :P

Did you consider buying the stompa deffrolla sprue? You get a handful of grot riggers too, and the rolla is much bigger and would probably suit your wagon alot better.

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2010, 13:35   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentuKaisRay
Hey, the boomgun, does that come with the upgrade kit, or is it with the Battlewagon kit?
Hi,

The battlewagon upgrade pack comes with the deff rolla, a lobba and the Killkannon.

Hope this helps.

- Will
Old 20 Jun 2010, 13:58   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Haha yeah, it helped, thanks I forgot that boomgun is for Looted Wagon, I meant the killkannon >.<
BentuKaisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2010, 02:40   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Lord Zambia. The battlewagon is done.

I do like to loot vehicles and weapons from the armies my friends collect though, its more satisfying killing a bloodcrusher with my Chaos kan.

Fire at Will, really that little kannon is supposed to be the killkannon? Man GW needs to vamp up the size of their vehicles and vehicle weapons. I'm using it as a regular kannon, because that weedy thing doesn't look like it could vaporize a squad of tac marines. I thought that other thing was a lobba, but I used it for an exhaust fitting.

Bentukaisray, hoped we helped. Get some pictures up so we can see your conversions too.
Old 21 Jun 2010, 03:00   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutfox
Fire at Will, really that little kannon is supposed to be the killkannon?
It is just a looted Battle Cannon. So the strength and range are about right for the size. I would rather they had amped up the Killkannon in the rules, to be honest.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2010, 07:02   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

I think you couldve beefed up the deffrolla a bit more :P (jks)

Looks great, and it gives you the perfect reason to dreadsock any opponent who asks "Is it open-topped" as a serious question

Looks good though mate, cant wait to see it painted.

Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2010, 19:20   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Polzinator Send a message via Yahoo to Polzinator

words fail me. that's amazing.

nice seeing a battlewagon that can actually hold more than 5 orks

Polzinator is offline   Reply With Quote