Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Under 14 years old and bought the Killa Kans boxed set? If so, click here.
Old 10 May 2010, 04:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Under 14 years old and bought the Killa Kans boxed set? If so, click here.

So, I was browsing the GW website when I came across this page. Apparently the new Killa Kan boxed set is not suitable for customers under the age of 14 years old, whom should either seek help from an adult or should return the product for a refund. The link also includes a copy of the Killa Kan assembly booklet for help.

Thought people ought to be aware of this.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2010, 04:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj
Default Re: Under 14 years old and bought the Killa Kans boxed set? If so, click here.

Killa kans? Really? I have built them. I have also built rhinox scrap launchers, treemen, demon princes, and trebuchets, and let me say.... if kill kans require adult supervision, all those others require psychiatric attention...
deraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2010, 04:49   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler
Default Re: Under 14 years old and bought the Killa Kans boxed set? If so, click here.

...any real reason why?

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2010, 04:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

Good find, MT. I'm sure your actions there, Games Workshop, have saved the lives of innumerable fourteen year olds across the globe from... Something?

I really can't think of any reason why they'd say this. I don't think too many fourteen year olds are going to choke on small pieces and I'm quite sure that the Killa Kans don't come with some dangerous chemical or overtly dangerous objects...

Maybe they've just got too pointy bitz and some fourteen year old managed to poke himself quite nastily? Hell if I know...

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2010, 04:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Ducky
Maybe they've just got too pointy bitz and some fourteen year old managed to poke himself quite nastily? Hell if I know...
In that case... gobbo spearmen should be delivered with an armed guard.
deraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2010, 04:58   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I have no clue, myself, why they've made such a statement. The last time GW had such restrictions on its models was because the alloy they used for their metal miniatures had lead in it. When they changed from the lead alloy to the current "white metal" alloy they use today, the warnings changed from "not suitable for under 14s due to essential lead components" to "not suitable for under 36 months due to essential pointed components" which I found especially amusing.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2010, 05:31   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Ducky
I don't think too many fourteen year olds are going to choke on small pieces
...well...I'm not that sure, lol.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2010, 05:35   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

I think it is the weapons. While there are a lot of GW kits that can be built with modular weapons, the Killa Kans are the first to be explicitly designed that way. The ends of the weapons pop off. Those pieces are small and sharp enough that they may run afoul of some age restriction for toys.

So the "threat" is likely from parts of the final model, not the assembly. This might make Killa Kans slightly different from other GW models.

To be honest, I think they just ran afoul of some specific regulation at the central bureaucracy and are trying to get around it as best they can. I don't think GW came up wit any of this on their own. There is nothing about the Kans that makes them more dangerous to assemble. Most GW models are 12-and-up already, so this is a relatively fine distinction. There is just some specific threshold of sharpness or piece size that they were called on.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2010, 10:11   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

I know what you mean Khan, but seriously - fourteen! Honestly i dont think it's possible for a teenager (however stupid) to swallow any sprue piece by accident.

If complaints had come in about 14 yr olds choking on small parts then maybe gw should reduce the price on their model clippers so kids dont use their teeth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2010, 10:14   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

What I want to know, is why we are posting in a thread addressed to <14 year olds? Are we just so interested in what applies to <14 year olds? :P

On topic, I think it's silly of GW do to it, but I think it's more a legal ploy than for the poor 13 year old who ate some Killa Kan Box.

Darth_Riah is offline   Reply With Quote