Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Kommando fun
Old 09 May 2010, 12:40   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Kommando fun

Hey all, I recently decided to add 9 kommando boyz in my waaagh.

However I dont really want to spend $58.00 (yes in australia) on 5 METAL ork boyz who die just as easily as any other. I decided to I want to buy a unit of 11 Ork Boyz and buy some putty and convert them into Kommandos (dont worry Im good with putty, dont mean to talk myself up at all).

I was just wondering if anyone has any examples or links I could go to see some already made ones just for some inspiration???

Many thanks

Kharvol.
Kharvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2010, 13:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Kommando fun

Hi,

Here Scoutfox made some great ones. About 5 posts down.

- Will
Old 09 May 2010, 13:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Following your army theme is good to have an idea of. I'm gonna base mine with some cloaks and silenced sluggas.
Old 09 May 2010, 22:39   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Thanks a ton for that will That gave me a fair idea.

I want my Kommandos to look like they can sustain both close and ranged combat for a long time without reinforcements, so stuff like extra pouches (for extra ammo) extra grenades and extra knives which are both orky and looted from other forces (I have too many imperial gaurd and space marine knives). I want to also putty on masks for all of them and give them night-vision goggles . Perhaps give them rolled up sleaves to give another place to paint camo (which will be a kind savanna, grassland scheme) and also some utilities i.e. ropes, trackers, and spiky ork bits.

Old 09 May 2010, 22:46   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Thanks for the nod Will. Yes, mine are very basic conversions, but there's no way I'd buy those metal models, unless you really like them; not worth the money. If you go over to http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/ and do a search in the mek's garage and the trophy rack, you'll find some really nice ones too. If your greenstuffing skills are great, mine aren't, you can let the sky be the limit. Can't wait to see them in the conversion subforum.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2010, 22:52   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

I didnt even use greenstuff and the amount of people who pick them up and expect them to be metal and realize their not is funny.

I bought 2 loota/burna packs, used the heads, bodies and legs (burna masks look exactly like their artwork on their page in the codex) and then used spare boy slugga and sword choppa arms, backpacks from rokkits, big shootas, etc and the stikkbombs/tankbusta bombs from the various sprues. I then converted 8 lootas and a big mek w/KMB and Burna - so i made about 25 models, for 70 bucks

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2010, 23:21   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharvol
I want to also putty on masks for all of them and give them night-vision goggles .
First thing this said to me was giving one a candle on top of his head instead

Apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2010, 09:27   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

No worries when I get some more boyz sprues and putty ill post them in the conversion subforum
Old 24 May 2010, 15:03   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I did the same as Lord Zambia - the Burna box combined with bits from boyz set does work well without tons of heavy conversion work - mine are themed this way - each with a backpack, all laced with bombs, ropes - leaving you thinking, how on gods earth can they carry all that stuff! then each head with the burna bits on - and the Mek torso (the naked one) works really well with some painted on tattoos - but I did shell out of Snikrot as he is cool model.
pedromondew is offline   Reply With Quote