Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Snikrot
Old 08 May 2010, 12:45   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Atlantis
Default Snikrot

I was flicking through the pages of my ork codex the other day looking for a fluffy army that works and i noticed snikrot. Is he worth using ? if he is tell can you guys tell me how you normally use him because i find him hopeless vs a squad of marines. Secondly can i still attach a nob even with Snikrot?
Old 08 May 2010, 13:14   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky
Default Re: Snikrot

Snikrot, when used well, can be devestating. For the first half of your question, I point you to Bebe's Kommando Tactica and also Bebe's Special Chartacter Summery - both from the Ork Library sticky.

For the second half of your question, as far as I know Snikrot is a replacement for your Nob, not an Indipendet Charater joining your Kommandos. So no, you cannot take a second Nob.

Hope that helps,

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2010, 23:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher

Snikrot replaces the nob. I have heard people complain he does not have a bosspole though so the kommados may run with snikrot but the nob can give you a bosspole. Yeah snikrot is not an IC. Not having a bosspole is the real problem so that tau gun drones don't pin the remnant of a unit.
Old 09 May 2010, 05:39   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Snikrot also doesn't have a Power Klaw. He is ideal for killing light vehicles and light infantry. It is always worth throwing a few Burnas into his unit. There are times when you want to use the Nob instead, but Snikrot's ability to control his arrival can easily pull draws out of the jaws of defeat by contesting quarters and taking out weak units.

On his own he is not ideal for getting through Power Armor. You want to make sure he has quite a few friends with him. He is also a very good distraction if you have an advance coming from the other direction. I will sometimes use Snikrot to cause chaos in the rear of a gunline while my bikes approach from the front.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2010, 12:45   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Khanaris is right on. Snikrot's biggest asset, the one you pay through the nose for, is the ability to pick your table edge. There's the obvious tactical advantage of that and then there's the threat it poses to your opponent. This usually forces them to deploy closer to your main force to avoid being flanked, which gets them in charge range of your army quicker.
Old 09 May 2010, 18:04   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

I think Kommandoes heavy themed army should rely on both Snikrot and another mob of Kommandoes with a Nob and a Power Klaw provided if your Elite choices aren't getting caught up with things like Nobs, Lootas and Tankbustas. I feel they're a great asset if you really know how to use him right.
Old 09 May 2010, 18:37   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

The ability to come on from right behind your opponent is incredible, but occasionally you want to come on via your own long edge. If you have reasonable luck with the timing of his arrival, he can be very handy for chasing down units that your opponent has brought on via Outflank.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2010, 19:04   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
The ability to come on from right behind your opponent is incredible, but occasionally you want to come on via your own long edge. If you have reasonable luck with the timing of his arrival, he can be very handy for chasing down units that your opponent has brought on via Outflank.
Also brought on behind enemy lines he can stop them being able to move away from the frontal assault as he can take down transports if they were hugging the edge of the board preventing the men inside easily avoiding/moving away from your assault.

- Will
Old 10 May 2010, 02:21   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I tend to use a kommando threat to force my opponent to bunch up, were my shokk attack gun has an easier time and the boyz gotta only run to one spot for krumping!
Orks 15 3 2 (Mekboy and weirdboy based force with boyz, deffkoptas and walkers)
Chaos12 2 4 (Infantry based chaos)
juraigamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2010, 07:44   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Also, you could put a Warboss up there with him. Throw a Klaw on him and you'd got yourself a tank killer.
Touchdown is offline   Reply With Quote