Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

'ere we go!
Old 10 Apr 2010, 17:16   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default 'ere we go!

When a wierdboy rolls 'ere we go, it is during the shooting phase. However deepstriking is normally done during the movement phase. Does this affect the ability of the unit to shoot in the shooting phase. This happened to me and i thought I should be allowed to shoot because you may normally deep strike and then shoot. It happens at the begining of the shooting phase, so i think of the deepstriking as kind of between the two phases. My friend would not let me shoot though because he said the deep striking was there shooting, as it does happen in the shooting phase. Can anyone point at any rules to help me out here? Or is deep striking with 'ere we go utterly useless?
skybronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2010, 19:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: 'ere we go!

Page 95 left side paragraph 6 "in that turn's shooting phase, these units can fire". It doesn't matter that the weirdboy teleports in the shooting phase and not the movement phase, the rules for deep strike state they can shoot in the shooting phase. You roll the power at the beginning of the turn, but you don't have to use it then, so you can roll it up, shoot your weapons, and then teleport.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2010, 21:55   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Ok, can you do it the other way around though? Roll it up, teleport, then shoot?
skybronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2010, 22:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yes, either order is fine. The only thing that comes first is the rolling of the power once the shooting phase begins. That is why some people team up warpheads with tankbustas, so they can hop behind armored lines and wreak havoc.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2010, 04:00   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Just remember to follow the exact wording for the weirdboyz powers. You roll for his powers at the beginning of the shooting phase, not anytime during. Otherwise yes you can roll, get the deep strike/teleport, follow the rules for doing so, then feel free to act like a normal shooting phase, and yes you can run after his teleport.
Orks 15 3 2 (Mekboy and weirdboy based force with boyz, deffkoptas and walkers)
Chaos12 2 4 (Infantry based chaos)
juraigamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2010, 07:40   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

If a wierdboy was with stormboyz and uses 'ere we go! then the stormboyz could assault (taking casualties)???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2010, 12:27   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

You're thinking of Zagstruk, Zambia, and that ability only works with him in the unit and on the turn they arrive from deep strike. Meaning the turn they enter the game because they start in reserves and have to deep strike.