Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Copter Question?
Old 17 Mar 2010, 21:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Copter Question?

I'm away from my orc book but have this question. With the bomb the copter drops on the movement phase can it shoot again at the same target or differant target.

With the special one time attack can you for example drop a bomb on some guardians and then shoot a missle at a wave serpent and then assault the wave serpent. Also if this is concidered shooting at differant attacks can you drop the bomb and than shoot or you can bomb drop or shoot the missle.

I know it's a special attack doing the movement phase whichkinda make it kinda a unique case. Also does the attack scatter on a hit and do you subtract your bs on the attack.
Old 18 Mar 2010, 10:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Copter Question?

Chicop, we are not allowed to answer this, which might explain why you have no replies, >
Jasonsea212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2010, 11:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonsea212
Chicop, we are not allowed to answer this, which might explain why you have no replies, >
We arent?

anyway, no, dropping the big bomm does not prohibit the kopta from shooting. Read through your ork codex so i dont have to post up the entire page

Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2010, 12:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Zambia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonsea212
We arent?

anyway, no, dropping the big bomm does not prohibit the kopta from shooting. Read through your ork codex so i dont have to post up the entire page

Zambia
the whole store read it. I took it as a seperate attack since it said a special attack. The red shirts deemed it a shooting attack. I was just trying to find out which it is. I already read it like 8 times before I posted this . At this point we're trying to see what is the right answer.

If it makes y'all feel better I need more clarity on Orc codex pg. 48 the Deffkoptas Bigbomm ability.
Old 18 Mar 2010, 12:43   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

If there is one thing i have been told about redshirts (even by one himself!) Was that they dont know all the rules just because they work in the store.

I have had redshirts tell me crisis suit commanders were cavalry/bikes, had another say that jump infantry doesnt jump over things, but through, so by jumping over (he claimed through) terrain i needed a dangerous test.

Yes, it is a shooting attack. No, it does not stop you from firing normally. It just says "pick a model the deffkopta passed over that turn" It doesnt say the deffkopta shoots at it, a template is just placed on a model which the deffkopta passed over, and it scatters d6.

Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2010, 20:01   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Zambia
If there is one thing i have been told about redshirts (even by one himself!) Was that they dont know all the rules just because they work in the store.

I have had redshirts tell me crisis suit commanders were cavalry/bikes, had another say that jump infantry doesnt jump over things, but through, so by jumping over (he claimed through) terrain i needed a dangerous test.

Yes, it is a shooting attack. No, it does not stop you from firing normally. It just says "pick a model the deffkopta passed over that turn" It doesnt say the deffkopta shoots at it, a template is just placed on a model which the deffkopta passed over, and it scatters d6.

Zambia
The guys at my store are blue shirts :P

Though I agree redblueshirts aren't always right, i have had to grab my guard codex and a rulebook to prove a basilisk can direct fire in games before. So it is always good to check again.
Old 18 Mar 2010, 21:21   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

I always played that you could shoot afterward. It's more of an attack in the movement phase if I remember right.

Heck, you do an even better version in Apoc and iirc they specifically say that you aren't restricted.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2010, 00:18   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well if they want to argue that you can't shoot anything else, then they had better be on agreement with the same deal about eldar swooping hawks and other units with special attacks that occur in other phases.

Our rule, and I would say the general concensus, is you can shoot something else if you so desire.
Orks 15 3 2 (Mekboy and weirdboy based force with boyz, deffkoptas and walkers)
Chaos12 2 4 (Infantry based chaos)
juraigamer is offline   Reply With Quote