Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tank Hunting Orks?
Old 26 Feb 2010, 07:16   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Tank Hunting Orks?

Fellow Orks,

Going up against Humies can be dead hard for a simple Ork player, so how does one field anti-tank weaponry when our most dedicated tank hunters can't shoot the broadside of a Broadside?

My list currently is tailored for a more balanced army, so I'm looking for some potential to crack some hulls on those Leman Russes and Land Raiders.

What I've been told is PK will always do the job done. That's the most "truthiest" thing being said but one must know that we gotta get close, and footslogging in front of a moving behemoth that shoots Large Ordnance is not a good idea. Unless you got boys to spare. But for my side, it's only a 750 point army, and I already see a few Hammerheads and lot of Leman Russes and Hellhounds about.

They told me Lootas will do fine, but that's provided if you're not facing AV14 and with that, it won't even dent it. Then I just can't seem to trust Orky BS at all.
With that what can Tankbustas do in a small point game? Not to mention with Glory Hogs, any opponent can be smart enough to just lure them with an empty chimera. Squigbomb is best so far, especially being dead cheap on price.

Reading through what people said, KoS will do exceptionally well against armored doctrine. Warboss on a bike with a retinue of Nob bikers with claws can be dead killy.

So, in short, what do you use for hunting tanks other than the usual mobs? I think I might be fielding Zogwort for the fun of it, long range Melta beam!
Old 26 Feb 2010, 07:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Tank Hunting Orks?

Well, I play 1'500 points and I use a squad of 5 deffkoptas, 5 TW rokkits almost gurantees that something will happen to the vehicle, so that keeps me happy and the vehicles under threat, which then the opponent normally falls into the trap by trying to shoot everything at them and by then the boyz are in krumpin range!

For 750 points why not add a small squad of deffkoptas, get them to outflank and shoot the **** out of them.

If you have leftover points give them some buzzsaws if you hate unreliable shooting, a power klaw on a deffkopta is nasty, :P

Hope this helps

Please watch the language - Thor
Jasonsea212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2010, 08:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonsea212
Well, I play 1'500 points and I use a squad of 5 deffkoptas, 5 TW rokkits almost gurantees that something will happen to the vehicle, so that keeps me happy and the vehicles under threat, which then the opponent normally falls into the trap by trying to shoot everything at them and by then the boyz are in krumpin range!

For 750 points why not add a small squad of deffkoptas, get them to outflank and shoot the **** out of them.

If you have leftover points give them some buzzsaws if you hate unreliable shooting, a power klaw on a deffkopta is nasty, :P

Hope this helps
Oh yes, I intend to do that, 2 Buzzsaws each for Deffkoptas. But I doubt I want to upgrade their Big shootas to rokkits just yet. You think 2 is enough to guarantee a hit, and it's twin linked? That feels like my Koptas are abit of a point sink, being 70 each. :P
Old 26 Feb 2010, 09:31   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

I find that point sink well worth taking, i usually never take buzzsaws myself as i'm happy with 5 TW rokkits which usually gets me 2-4 hits

But only take one buzzsaw is what I meant, they are a real point sink if you take them on all of them
Old 26 Feb 2010, 09:54   #5 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Power Klaw, you git!

But truth to be told, some armies are overpowered or underpowered in small games. I think you need to rake it up to 1,500 points (this is where armies start to balance out against each other) and start playing 1-on-1 as well as real tournament games (GC Tournaments anyway).
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2010, 10:05   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai

Power Klaw, you git!
I didn't mention it because he said he wanted other hints, not about the Power Klaw, :P

I say Zenai is right, the minimum you should go for is at least 1'000 pts, you can balance it then, but 1'500 pts is more reccomended.
Old 26 Feb 2010, 10:08   #7 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Well, it is true; Power Klaws is the most reliable AT weapon in the Ork arsenal.

Warboss: Strength 10 Hits either riding in a Trukk/Battlewagon or mounted on a Warbike
Nobs: Strength 9 Hits either riding in a Trukk/Battlewagon or mounted on a Warbike
Deffkoptas: Strength 7 Hits that's on a Jetbike and can Outflank
Old 26 Feb 2010, 10:14   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

I know THAT, i've played for about a year now, it's not like I don't know that, :P

rokkits are the only alternative, and since that BS is crappy you can hardly get a shot out of it, so yeah PK are good or BC if you wanna go cheap and take down transport.
Old 26 Feb 2010, 10:22   #9 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonsea212
I know THAT, i've played for about a year now, it's not like I don't know that, :P
I was referring to Dobb.
Old 26 Feb 2010, 10:28   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

oh, sorry, :P