Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

If something like this happens...its got to be against orks
Old 21 Feb 2010, 03:40   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia
Default If something like this happens...its got to be against orks

Orks are a fun army to play and oppose, for the sole reason that reliability is a scarce word in the ork dictionary. Some things that happen in a game are so crazy/funny/what not that they have to be against orks. This thread is made so all us players who play orks, or even played against orks, and something hilarious happened, can post and share around.

Some of my classic ork moments...

3 Killa kans open fire on some marines 8'' away with their grotzookas. 1 of the blasts scatters on one of the kans (or basically exploded before leaving the gun) and got a "weapon destroyed" result. My opponent and I agreed that it shouldnt be anyone's choice which weapon, because obviously the projectile destroyed the gun, not shoot sideways through the kan and killing the other arm (though i wouldnt put it past orks). So we treated it as weapon destroyed: grotzooka. It was funny.

A trukk rams a rhino which had remained stationary all game (blood angels, stalled its overcharge engines on 2 attemps, then this happened) Trukk gathers speed and hits JUST on the brink of 18''(S6 hit) which did nothing to the rhino, who piled a S8 hit back on the trukk. The trukk then went "kareen" and moved 16'' OVER the rhino. So really the trukk had gathered full speed, hit the rhino, crashed and launched over the top of it, and lands 16'' away in a pile of rubble. Luckily there were no boyz inside. Boy i wouldve killed to be one of the rhino drivers, watching that happen :P

So share, and laugh at the poor misfortune of our orky race.

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2010, 12:33   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: If something like this happens...its got to be against orks

I once had a Mawloc pop up between two groups of zooka-kans, the grotzookas all missed, and one from each unit hit one kan from the other unit. Perhaps not as laughable, but I enjoyed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demitriusnassy
Haha ;D I am Bob, the devourer of Souls. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Turning the Power Matrix into some kind of Disco Ball of Death? :P
willwills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2010, 18:28   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Big mek with SAG teleported into my friends unit of 20 guardians- he fluffed his rolls, I killed 1 and he cut the squad down- only to be killed by his SAG rolling a double 1 next turn

scar
Old 21 Feb 2010, 19:59   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

warphead rolls waaagh first turn, and then a waaagh every turn after that, but then rolls ere we go on the turn he is about to charge :P. Irony, I hate you.
95% of teens would go into a panic attack if the jonas brothers were about to jump off the empire state building, copy and paste this if you? are the 5% who would pull up a lawn chair & grab some popcorn and yell JUMP

how many boards
could the mongols hoard
if the mongol hordes
got bored?
big mek metalgutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2010, 20:05   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mek metalgutz
warphead rolls waaagh first turn, and then a waaagh every turn after that, but then rolls ere we go on the turn he is about to charge :P. Irony, I hate you.
A warphead could have refilled that. I think you mean a normal wierdboy.
Old 21 Feb 2010, 20:31   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by willwills
I once had a Mawloc pop up between two groups of zooka-kans, the grotzookas all missed, and one from each unit hit one kan from the other unit. Perhaps not as laughable, but I enjoyed it.
I can imagine this happening in an ork battle :P

Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2010, 20:35   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Zambia
Quote:
Originally Posted by willwills
I can imagine this happening in an ork battle :P
However once I get a boomwagon i can see this happening more often.

Hasn't happened with my orks yet but I have Immobilised 2 tanks, destroyed another, killed an entire squad, killed my command squad, and shaken many tanks with my 'expendable' attitude and friendly fire. >
Old 21 Feb 2010, 20:50   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via Yahoo to Hairy Grim

Faced a partially-mechanised Ork army where every single one of his trukks had 'kareened' backwards into the rest of his army & exploded by turn 2. One of them containing Meganobz decided to kareen & explode right in the Warboss's face, somehow wounding him & killing one of its occupants. On the first turn his Flash Gitz missed every shot & over half the squad suffered from 'gets hot!'.

That was a funny game...
Old 21 Feb 2010, 21:13   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

The red Pantzers as I called them are essentially pansies (Their name is taken after their red pants, and also a pun on Panzers) due to them being the only squad that will always move 1" in difficult terrain, waargh 1", kill one of their own, and the movement for assaulting is 1" whenever their trukk always get destroyed.

Then there is one game where all my trukks got busted in one turn, but instead all my vehicles kareened towards the enemies that shot them, and before the even know it, all my trukks boyz and the warboss and his retinue of Nobs charged and all my orks are all engaged in combat with his forces. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2010, 21:36   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy Harbinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mek metalgutz
A warphead could have refilled that. I think you mean a normal wierdboy.
no, it was a warphead. I kept most of my waaaghs as they were useful to my other squads, and when I rolled ere we go, i rerolled it, and got the same thing :P.
95% of teens would go into a panic attack if the jonas brothers were about to jump off the empire state building, copy and paste this if you? are the 5% who would pull up a lawn chair & grab some popcorn and yell JUMP

how many boards
could the mongols hoard
if the mongol hordes
got bored?
big mek metalgutz is offline   Reply With Quote