Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Lootas & the Mek
Old 20 Feb 2010, 11:10   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Lootas & the Mek

for the list that I am building, i require 11 lootas. My initial thoughts were simply 2 Loota box sets with the last one made from a boy with cobbled-together big shootas. however, having obtained and looked at the actual box set, it only comes with 4 deffguns. Using pretty much only the Parts in Box, how could i convert a 5th Deffgun? would simply sticking the provided Big Shoota to the provided KMB suffice? what about arms?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by demitriusnassy
Haha ;D I am Bob, the devourer of Souls. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Turning the Power Matrix into some kind of Disco Ball of Death? :P
willwills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2010, 12:57   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Lootas & the Mek

Quote:
Originally Posted by willwills
for the list that I am building, i require 11 lootas. My initial thoughts were simply 2 Loota box sets with the last one made from a boy with cobbled-together big shootas. however, having obtained and looked at the actual box set, it only comes with 4 deffguns. Using pretty much only the Parts in Box, how could i convert a 5th Deffgun? would simply sticking the provided Big Shoota to the provided KMB suffice? what about arms?...
For this I would have to recommend : http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=62008.45

Scoutfox is amazing at such things and reading this will really help.

W o K
Old 20 Feb 2010, 13:30   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

I agree with WoK. :P

Lootas are meant to loot, so use anything. Be creative on that.

Just be wary though, I apparently realized that if you convert the Mekboy into Bigshootas, I think he doesn't have the right hand to hold it, which is abit weird, but you probably have leftover right hands to fix that.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 18:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Thanks for the nod WOK, but making lootas out of the spare parts is rather easy. Yes, you can just stick the big shoota on the end/side of the KMB and call it a deffgun. Plus you've got all those burnas in the box too. Just add a plasma cannon, autocannon, really any other armie's gun on there, glue on some Ork bitz and call it a day. Don't think you have to make all of them with the over the shoulder guns either. A few of mine are made from the AOBR and regular boyz big shoota models. I just added a bunch of bitz to them. You really can't go wrong.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2010, 20:04   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Having finished him, I feel I may have gone a bit over-the-top. For one arm, I simply glued the Bigshoota to the underside of its own arm, allowing the back part to sit behind his backpack (the one with the grot in it). for the other, I seperated the Hand from the KMB, then split the leftover T-L big shoota from a warbuggy into the 'barrels' and the 'tank'-like part. The tank part went on the end of the KMB while the barrels went next to the KMB barrels. underneath that, I stuck one of the parts supposed to be tacked on a Deffgun's side (covering the hole on the proper deffgun with a glyph) and attached thant to the cut-off hand section. I then attached the two with the supplied Rokkit Launcha's pole.
The only problem Is, I think that I may have put too much on, to the extent that any real ork would probabbly buckle under the weight. Is this alright?
Quote:
Originally Posted by demitriusnassy
Haha ;D I am Bob, the devourer of Souls. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Turning the Power Matrix into some kind of Disco Ball of Death? :P
willwills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2010, 20:54   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Its fine, Orks are strong and the more dakka the better. Try telling an Ork he has too many guns or he's too weak to carry them around. Your conversion sounds good.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2010, 02:52   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by willwills
The only problem Is, I think that I may have put too much on, to the extent that any real ork would probabbly buckle under the weight. Is this alright?
some of my boyz are holding a rokkit launcher or big shoota 1 handed, one is even holding a deffgun 1 handed without the support bar or what not...Just tell the ork if he drops the gun then an-udd-da ork getz da gun. He will hold it :P
Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote