Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ork Tactika - Da Flash Gitz
Old 16 Feb 2010, 08:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia
Default Ork Tactika - Da Flash Gitz

One of the warhammer40k mechanics decided to come up with a unit that fused nobz with loota boyz, and the final product was flash gitz.

Introduction

Flash Gitz are the wealthiest of the nobz, and they have used their great wealth (deathskulls their looting ability) to aquire weapons far more deadly and shooty than any other ork unit, apart from vehicles.

Fielding Flash Gitz

Because there are no (with a few exceptions) actual flash git models out there that are currently sold in games workshop, convert them. Use loota guns, spiced up kombi weapons, anything to represent the flash gitz. Also remember to have a targeting aid either on their helmet or hardwired into their eye to make use of their “gitfinda” ability.

The Unit

Flash Gitz are shooty nobz, equipped with weapons deadly enough to tear apart even terminators. Their weapons are very kustomisable depending on whether you want to put in that extra handful of points to make them strong against everything, or to make them slightly more economical.

Remember, they are nobs. Toughness 4, and you can take a painboy too. Flash gitz also have ‘eavy armour. Basically what you get is lots of variable gunz on a unit which can cop a lot of punishment in return. One downside, however, is that unlike normal nobz, you cannot kustomize each one separately, meaning the wound allocation wound does not help (except if you take a painboy and/or badrukk)

The Gunz

With maximum members, and minimal upgrades you have a 10 man unit which fires 10 S5 shots, which have a 50% chance of ignoring marine armour. This is alright, but if you spend a few more points you will see their damage output increased by a large amount.

More Dakka basically means for 5 points a model, you have the firepower of 2 flash git squads. Doubling the amount of shots means roughly double the hits. These can inflict large amounts of damage against even horde armies.

Shootier is great when taking on beakies and other T4 or above critters. It makes them a big threat to monstrous creatures too. Strength 6 means you wound T4 on 2s, instead of 3s. You also wound plague marines on 3s, and T7 MCs on 5s, all with that lovely 50% chance of negating 3+ armour. It also makes them as a back up AT weapon against AV 10 or 11 if you really need that vehicle killed.

Blasta gunz subtract 1 from the AP roll of d6. This means now you have a 50% chance of negating TERMINATOR armour, and even more chance at negating power armour. Sure, they have the “gets hot” rule, but you get a 4+ save, and then a 4+ feel no pain roll if you take a painboy, meaning its not that much of a setback. This makes them very very dangerous against any armoured enemies.

Keep in mind that flash gitz are pretty much orks only source of AP1, meaning S6 hits on light vehicles will send them through the roof. Also take note that 4+ armour save followed by 4+ FnP saves still have a reasonable chance of failure, and even though we are 2 wound models, if we make a huge amount of bad rolls we could be seen fleeing. Perhaps join a big mek with KMB and a bosspole to help this along, or otherwise why not have them shoot out of a battlewagon or trukk.

The Tactiks

Flash gits cost the same as nobz in heavy armour, but their role in your army is completely different. Instead of clobbering the opponent up close with power klaws and the biggest choppas in town, they stand back with shooty guns.

Use flash gits as a mobile fire support unit. Try to keep them on the move, to prevent them from being “sitting ducks” and to keep them moving towards their next target, and away from the nearest threat. Their weapons are Assault, so moving and shooting is really the way to go.

Should your opponent get to close for comfort, or should the situation arise, you can charge them into melee. Firing 20 S6 rounds with d6-1 AP into the enemy, then assaulting whatever is left (with 4 S5 attacks each on the charge) is an easy way to make short work of an enemy. They are orks, after all, and so don’t mind a bit of krumpin now and then.

Konclusion

Flash gitz are an elite squad. Yes, they take a chunk of points, and for that reason its not advised to take them at lower point levels with regards to point sinking. In higher point games, flash gitz can be irreplaceable and very welcome in almost any ork army, and their uses will aid any ork player and their strategy, whether they work with lootas to shoot everything to pieces, or ride in a battlewagon charging into the frontline, gunz blazing.

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2010, 10:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Ork Tactika - Da Flash Gitz

Nice article on Flash Gitz, something I was looking forward to. You've said what I wanted to say to other people about the Gitz. You are on a roll with the articles.

I know alot of people would definitely hate bringing out Flash Gitz in a tourney but I beg to differ. The only issue with the Gitz are that they're Heavy Support, if they were Elite and able to take a dedicated transport, they'll rain lead everywhere they go. Plus, they're actually great in scenarios like Cities of Death.

Might I add a few things from what I realized with the Flash Gitz?

Gitfinda is very double edged. If you know they are in 24", the enemy would as well.

More Dakka is a definite must to increase your chance of hitting, because the Orks are still BS2.

Shootier is quite optional but it can be helpful with fighting against more tougher enemies like Marines and other nasties.

Blastier can be nasty to yourself and others. But remember, Nobs have 2 Wounds, chances of that happening is still 1/6. I rather take a Get Hots rule to get a "1,1,2,3,4,5" than a usual 1 to 6. You get better chances of hitting something with Power Armor.

Last resort with the Gitz is still charging, they're Nobs still. Too bad they're not like the Gitz in Dawn of War for the PC. Shoot great but weak in close combat.
Old 16 Feb 2010, 10:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobb
Might I add a few things from what I realized with the Flash Gitz?
Sure, but most of what you said was covered in the article :P but your welcome to type what you want. Good point about the gitfindas though, obviously you can use them to your advantage too (if you have parralel units to them, shoot the flash gits first) and what not.

Zambia

Quote:
Quote:
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 20:00   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Sorry for barging my way into the article, but I have to add one thing from playing with the Flash Gitz:
They are the Ork's only source of AP1.
With Blastas, you have a 33% chance of getting AP1, and quite frankly, if you're nutty enough to spend up to a S6 attack, you now have a "mini-melta" that can do quite a bit of damage. Granted you still need to roll high when hitting vehicles, but it can (and does) do significant damage to AR11.
If you do go Blastas, I must warn you that you will suffer Gitz losses on more than a few occasions as your dice just don't like you. I recommend putting the Gitz in a vehicle for that moment, as you could potentially kill enough Gitz to cause a morale check. Running away because you shot the enemy too much is just... well... funny, but in a bad way
Charging the Gitz in is actually not a bad tactic if you have a painboy, as they are 4+ w/ FNP and that can be a monster for some people to take down. If you're sans your ride, it could be your salvation especially if there's a lot of nasty shooty potentially coming down on you.

Best,
-BT
BigToof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2010, 20:24   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Thanks for the reply Bigtoof, and your point about the self inflicted morale checks has been edited in.

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 17 Feb 2010, 20:41   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

The best part about the Gitz is always the challenge of making them shootier.

Do you have some on hand to show, Zambia?
Old 17 Feb 2010, 20:51   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
The best part about the Gitz is always the challenge of making them shootier.

Do you have some on hand to show, Zambia?
Are you asking for pics or conversion tips or something? My camera is a little wacked atm, for example the chord used to plug it into the comp DOESNT FIT which is annoying me...hopefully get it fixed soon.

Otherwise idk what your talking about :P

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 18 Feb 2010, 05:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Sorry,I meant, do you have Flash Gitz that you converted yourself? It'll be nice to see some from you if you have some.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 05:23   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Sorry,I meant, do you have Flash Gitz that you converted yourself? It'll be nice to see some from you if you have some.
Yes i do actually. I have 7 Flash Gitz in my collection at present, but will be looking to convert another few to make it a full squad for the big points games. Problem is i play deathskulls, so my heavy support choices are often fighting the Flash Gitz for a spot in the FOC (Battlewagons, Looted wagons, Deff Dreads, Killa Kans) Even when i take big meks, the competition is fierce.

I converted mine from nobz, when i konverted my tribe to deathskulls. Last month i decided to completly redo my ork army, as deathskulls (before it was whatever colour i ended up doing, and choosing whatever units i though was going to work, now its all themed and fluffy, but still very compedetive)

I used nobz for the basis of them all (because they are nobz, so keeping them a similar size really helps opponents identify them) so nob body, legs, head. Then i either used modified loota guns (which are trimmed down so they dont have to use the frame) or i use guns from other models (eg i used a sentinel multilaser, plasma cannon and lascannon to help modify weapons of 3 of the gitz) I also have a painboy, which is the normal one you buy (metal).

As soon as i get that chord for the camera ill post em up...i need to finish their painting too :P

Zambia

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 21 Feb 2010, 22:02   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

if you have a problem with heavy support, try playing planetstrike as the defender >. otherwise, I feel your pain. thats the thing about orks; plenty of units, not enough slots :P. by the by, you do know that they have a metal flash gitz model coming out, right?
95% of teens would go into a panic attack if the jonas brothers were about to jump off the empire state building, copy and paste this if you? are the 5% who would pull up a lawn chair & grab some popcorn and yell JUMP

how many boards
could the mongols hoard
if the mongol hordes
got bored?
big mek metalgutz is offline   Reply With Quote