Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ork Versus Tactics
Old 11 Feb 2010, 10:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Ork Versus Tactics

Being awfully new and trying to soak up as many information and knowledge about krumpin' , I feel like I need to ask players themselves about the tips and advices against other races.

How do you players fare against every races including Orks? :P
Old 11 Feb 2010, 12:00   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Ork Versus Tactics

Well My opponents are normally Necrons, SM or Tau, and I mostly just slap on the board 2 groups of 30 orks waddling along the board, whilst nobs and Ghaz have the BW ride and cover up some of them and the LW's and other artillery just fire at the shooty part of the enemy, I find this list very effective against most things.
Jasonsea212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2010, 12:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

I have recently konverted to redo my orks completly, and start as deathskulls. I have played 3 games with them in the last week, against Dark Eldar, Tau and Marines, and won all 3, 2 of them considerably. I think the team is very well balanced, containing 5 vehicles, a tooled up big mek, 32 shootas and 12 sluggas, kommandos and tankbustas.

It depends on the theme...ork klans each have their own taktiks, so what klan do you follow? or in other words what list to you play.

If you play
Green tide list - Geoff Tribe
Mek/shooty with a bit of assault - Deathskulls
Mechanised w/bikes - Evil Sunz
Lots of nobz, battlewagons, mega armour basically tooled up units - Bad Moons
Normal typical boyz, quite a few nobz and what with no fancy weapons - Snakebites
Kommando spams, kamo on lots of units, outflanking units - Blood Axes

There are many more, but these give you a variety. If you choose one of these common tribes, most of us orkies can guide your taktiks to victory. Other tribes you will jsut have to fill us in on fluff.

If you want more info on fluff, the tribes, taktiks or how to use any of the ork units, either start a thread asking everybody or feel free to send personal messages to those who dont mind helping. Obviously dont bombard random people, but most people who post in this thread would be happy to help with a PM or 2...If not you can feel free to PM me ill ork ya up as much as i can. Otherwise start new threads or even scan the ork board for older ones which can answer your questions.

Hope this helps Dobb,

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2010, 13:08   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

The best part of Orks are the fluff, they're not Orks without it!

I love how the forums really help me alot with my first attempt at WH40k tabletop gaming. So I'll try my best to fit in and get some help around too. Thanks alot to all of you.

My army is going to be a mix of Deathskullz and Blood Axe, so I expect some cunning out of it then. I just feel that because everyone is unique with their army, they still have some sort of limitations on them, you can't go wrong with somethings. I'm not bombarding people with randomness like this, it's just I wish to gather people's responses when they're using orks against other people, since I think I like also to gauge their experiences.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 13:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobb
My army is going to be a mix of Deathskullz and Blood Axe, so I expect some cunning out of it then. I just feel that because everyone is unique with their army, they still have some sort of limitations on them, you can't go wrong with somethings. I'm not bombarding people with randomness like this, it's just I wish to gather people's responses when they're using orks against other people, since I think I like also to gauge their experiences.
Oddly enough my new ork deathskulls army has a unit of kommandos, which big mek overcharge hired to do the sneaking for the rest of the army, and to flank from da side to help us. They work well at taking out that AT squad shooting at your looted vehicles and kanned orksies.

Also, if you like outflanking, some deffkoptas wont be too out of fluff. Just add random bits which they scavenged off kills (like defaced imperium badges or wrecked sentinel scraps). The AOBR gives you a great amount of stuff, you can convert the boyz into whatever you want (just clip off the arm) and use other arms from spare sprues as you always get more of those.

If your kollecting your kommandos, i suggest convert them. Otherwise its like heaps of money for 5 metal minatures. I made mine from buying 2 packs of lootas and burnas. I used that to make 10 kommandos and my big mek, using mainly the burna heads and spare ork boy sprues, as well as backpacks from the boy sprues. I then used the loota weapons as either KMB for meks, or big shootas for your looted vehicles (or battlewagons, or even dreads, which you get with the AOBR set too!)

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2010, 18:48   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

orks are probally the fastest race out there. their main tactic is to run into the battle, sluaghter some guys, and run into the next group of enemys. I like to put most of my guys in trukks, so i can get my orks into battle without too many casualtys (hopefully). also, bikes are usefull ion the same sense as trukks, and can get to the fight in a really quick time period.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 18:51   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

One frightening thing is a deffrolla battlewagon with kannon stuffed to the rafters with boyz (not killkannon).

You can move and fire the kannon in frag mode as it counts as defensize, deffrolla the enemy then unload a big squad and charge them. it turns enemies into a bloody pulp by the time your finished with them.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 18:55   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

I like the positive responses and very helpful tips, but it'll be more informative to include what you fought against with, sometimes it can be enlightening to see you killed Necron Warriors with a bunch of Grot mobs.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 19:13   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobb
I like the positive responses and very helpful tips, but it'll be more informative to include what you fought against with, sometimes it can be enlightening to see you killed Necron Warriors with a bunch of Grot mobs.
This squad of nobs:
9 Nobz
Wargear: PAinboy with Grot orderly
all heavy armour, all cybork bodies, 7 big choppas, 1 power klaw and 1 waagh! banner
Transport: travels in a trukk

Owned a squad of 5 TH/SS termies without them being able to strike back, and therefore not using the PK. 9 Nobs are deadly against anything you want to aim for. >
And I think that is what you meant. :P
W o K
Old 11 Feb 2010, 21:33   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

that squad is gonna cost some big pionts. 375 pionts per squad of 9 nobz.