Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Orks and TEQs
Old 04 Feb 2010, 09:25   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Orks and TEQs

For all Orks.

I think for MEQs, I might not have much problem with now that Lootas can back it up with Boyz leading the assault.

But what about Terminators and Obliterators? How the frak can someone go up against a 2+ save and 5+ Invul save? Even with PK of 5 Nobs, I managed to only take down 1 Oblits. He took 2 of my Nobs in a single defense. I doubt I can outshoot them, it'll be like flinging pies at them.

Any suggestion?
Old 04 Feb 2010, 10:07   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: Orks and TEQs

Terminators: You send an entire mob of Ork Boys; 30 Slugga Boys should do just fine against the Terminators. Normally when going up against Terminators, either you pump them full of AP1/2 weapons or pump them with as many attacks/shots as you can and they will have to fail their 2+ Armor Save eventually. In this case, a full mob of Ork Boys can do the job cost-efficiently.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2010, 11:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Hmmm... I only faced a 30 slugga boy squad against a 5 terminator squad with Thunderhammers, Lightning claws and a Grand-master, eventually I killed them off but losing 24 boys, I still did very well against them thinking about it.
Jasonsea212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2010, 12:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

The search feature is your friend:

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,84194.0.html
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,82839.0.html
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,90179.0.html
Old 05 Feb 2010, 04:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

a mob of 30 boyz + nob + PK can easily down any TEQ unit, you just overload their saves. The ork answer to everything is more dakka/choppa, remember this and your orks will serve you well.
Orks 15 3 2 (Mekboy and weirdboy based force with boyz, deffkoptas and walkers)
Chaos12 2 4 (Infantry based chaos)
juraigamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2010, 01:13   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

i Have that problem alot too. your best bet, at least what i think, is to use some heavy ap 1/2 weapons, or send in a squad of boys. Also, some flamas would be great, considering that their flamas count as power weapons, stealing away the 2+ save. Also, try some eavy armor, itll provide you with some nice saves. a bunch of boyz with eavy armor puts them at 11 pionts each, but gives you some actual armor. Lastly, if you really need to, just send in a squad of grots or so to tie them up for a turn or two, so you can hammer down the other squads of theirs.

Old 07 Feb 2010, 02:31   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Also, try some eavy armor, itll provide you with some nice saves
Never take anything with armor and charge terminators, as their weapons negate that expensive armor. Best thing you can do is drown them in slugga/shoota fire, then charge in with regular boys, and pray to Gork/Mork for 1's.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2010, 03:02   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The 'eavy armor was to keep the other squads like space marines aussault squads from killing the boyz before they get to the terminators.
Old 07 Feb 2010, 09:38   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Simple answer: 30 Ork boyz with shootas and a nob with a power klaw. Why? Ork nobz are too slow and too expensive to be tackling terminators as their armour and FNP is wasted on the power weapons. Burna boyz are all good, but just simply too expensive and fragile for what they do. And too much of an obvious target. He'll see those power weapon weilding nut cases and do as much as possible to remove them.

No, much better to take the sledghammer than the rapier. 3 units of 30 shoota boyz with a klaw and you'll ensure that one of the units will be able to get the charge at one point, so you don't have to fret about manouvering one of the rapier units into possition if he's doing his best to avoid it. The rest of your army, the nobz, ard boyz and what not will be attacking the enemy head on whilst the 3 shoota boy units will go lobster hunting. One of them will eventually hit home with a bang. And whilst the rest of his army is busy dealing with the rest of your orks and your warboss' wrecking he won't have the resources to back the terminators up with the attacks neccessary to deal with the orks.

Why shoota boyz of slugga boyz? You're trading in an extra attack per boy for 2 or 3 turns worth of shooting. And I don't care what you say - 90 Orks blazing away is going to cause a dent somewhere. Hell, time it right and you might not even have to bother assaulting the terminators with that ammount of stuff being fired at them.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2010, 09:44   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian
Simple answer: 30 Ork boyz with shootas and a nob with a power klaw. Why? Ork nobz are too slow and too expensive to be tackling terminators as their armour and FNP is wasted on the power weapons. Burna boyz are all good, but just simply too expensive and fragile for what they do. And too much of an obvious target. He'll see those power weapon weilding nut cases and do as much as possible to remove them.

No, much better to take the sledghammer than the rapier. 3 units of 30 shoota boyz with a klaw and you'll ensure that one of the units will be able to get the charge at one point, so you don't have to fret about manouvering one of the rapier units into possition if he's doing his best to avoid it. The rest of your army, the nobz, ard boyz and what not will be attacking the enemy head on whilst the 3 shoota boy units will go lobster hunting. One of them will eventually hit home with a bang. And whilst the rest of his army is busy dealing with the rest of your orks and your warboss' wrecking he won't have the resources to back the terminators up with the attacks neccessary to deal with the orks.

Why shoota boyz of slugga boyz? You're trading in an extra attack per boy for 2 or 3 turns worth of shooting. And I don't care what you say - 90 Orks blazing away is going to cause a dent somewhere. Hell, time it right and you might not even have to bother assaulting the terminators with that ammount of stuff being fired at them.
I agree that against terminators nothing is overkill. There will only be underkill...
Also the burnas have the problem that they have a low initiative and anything that strikes first e.g power sword will hit in and kill off at least some of those power weapon wielding orks. Or you can use their mass templates and hope that the saves they roll contain a lot of ones. Quite often this tactic is effective.
W o K