Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

wazdakka gutsmek
Old 26 Jan 2010, 14:02   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default wazdakka gutsmek

hi everyone,
Im relatively new to this site, but ive been playing orks for a while, mostly against space marines and tau, and have recently created an army list that revolved around wazdakka gutsmek in an attempt to finnaly beat my friend who plays tau. the list worked great until tun two when my friend anticipated my moves, destroyed wazdakkas squad with rapid fire, and then instant killed the king of the speed freaks with on railgun shot. needless to say, I am rather irked by this and am looking for a way to protect wazdakka long enough to hit the tau gun line, preferably without dying. if you have any suggestions or a good army list then please give them to me. thanks!
95% of teens would go into a panic attack if the jonas brothers were about to jump off the empire state building, copy and paste this if you? are the 5% who would pull up a lawn chair & grab some popcorn and yell JUMP

how many boards
could the mongols hoard
if the mongol hordes
got bored?
big mek metalgutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2010, 14:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: wazdakka gutsmek

Well, with bikes you always have a 4+ cover save, so you should at least be getting those saves, though marker lights could reduce that save. So against Tau I would try and hide the unit so they can't be shot at in the first place. Make use of terrain to try and hide them if possible, which isn't easy if that unit is large. Aside from terrain it would depend on your list. Things like hiding the bikes behind Battlewagons or Trukks, anything that blocks line of sight. Nothing is going to be a guarantee however since Tau like to bounce around and can usually find angles to get shots off from.

Another idea would be giving Tau something they can't ignore so that the bikes can advance more safely, again this would depend on your list. Things like Kommandos who can infiltrate or outflank, Deffkoptas who can scout or outflank, just something that can be in his face either from the start of the game or come in later on his flank. Make him worry about other parts of your list, not just your hammer unit.
Old 26 Jan 2010, 14:50   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

thanks for the idea. one thing i have tried is putting a squad of shoota boyz led by a warphead in the list, and then teleporting behind enemy lines.this worked reasonably well, and provided a great distraction. one question about the kommandos though; can they out flank, as that would be extremly useful, as my opponent likes to set up in sheltered corners on the board edge.
95% of teens would go into a panic attack if the jonas brothers were about to jump off the empire state building, copy and paste this if you? are the 5% who would pull up a lawn chair & grab some popcorn and yell JUMP

how many boards
could the mongols hoard
if the mongol hordes
got bored?
Old 26 Jan 2010, 15:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yes, anything that can infiltrate or scout is allowed to outflank. Now, if points permit then taking Snikrot with the Kommandos is a good move. I tend to do this against Tau so I can guarantee which board edge they show up from. Some people like taking a Kommando Nob with a PK but I find against Tau that I don't need the PK and the bonus of picking your edge, plus Snikrot is brutal in assault against armies like Tau, is a good move.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 02:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'll second Thor's suggestion on using distracting units. Snikrot is sooo good against Tau its not funny. He has 6 attacks on the charge that glance their skimmers on a 4+. He can shred their infantry, and if he hides everything in the corner you can probably charge multiple units.

I'd run two pairs of deffkoptas, and if you have first turn turboscout them 12" from his hammerheads. First turn take some pot shots with rokkits, and then charge in and tear it apart with a buzzsaw. If you don't have first turn boost them up the opposite side as Wazdakka, but still in a position to be threatening. Your opponent will have to decide if he wants to take out your bikes or koptas. Orks are all about target saturation. Give them too many units to deal with and something of yours will make it through.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2010, 02:37   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath

I didn't think you could turboboost in a scout move? Someone said that they couldn't because a scout move is a "normal move" and turboboosting isn't one.
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
HiveFleetGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2010, 02:40   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

It is in the main rulebook FAQ. You can definitely do it, although you have to stay 12" from enemy units during all of it, so it is a little restrictive.

The best way to fight Tau with Speed Freekz, Wazdakka included, is to use Snikrot and Deffkoptas. Give them something else to worry about while the bikes approach.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2010, 02:45   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Normal moves for bikes are:

standing still

moving .01 - 12"

turboboosting

Any of the three can be done during the scout move, as per the FAQ. Its quite the nasty surprise if someone hasn't dealt with a turn 1 assault from a buzzkopta, hitting automatically on a vehicle's rear armor, and usually penetrating on a 4.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2010, 22:43   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

tried snikrot idea yesterday. worked great. tau got pwned

how many boards
could the mongols hoard
if the mongol hordes
got bored?
Old 28 Jan 2010, 01:30   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mek metalgutz
tried snikrot idea yesterday. worked great. tau got pwned
Well done!
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote