Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

MANs or nobs
Old 21 Jan 2010, 06:31   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Atlantis
Default MANs or nobs

currently i am having trouble choosing between MANs and nobs. on one hand MANs get free claw and 2+ armor. On the other hand there is nobs which is not effected by SNP but no free klaw but have cybork bodies and FNP. This lead me to add Grotsnikk which can provide with the invulnerble save and FNP. In the end mega armor nobs became cheapest of the choices..

what do you guys think about the issue
Old 21 Jan 2010, 09:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: MANs or nobs

ARCHER:
It's a bit of hard thing, as you don't get a lot of the Wargear options available to the regular Nobz with MANZ.
Also, if their ride gets popped, you'll learn the true pain that is "Slow and Purposeful."
Re: The Dok
Well, he's a bit of a mixed bag, as he has special rules that basically give him the Rage USR, and that's a bit troublesome, especially if you're putting him with the MANZ, as it limits your tactical options...

Best,
-BT
BigToof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2010, 12:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

As an all around unit you'll find Nobs more effective. Regular Nobs can be given a 4+ armor save and a 5+ invulnerable save and FNP from the Painboy. Also their wargear options lets you mix them up for some fun wound allocation making them a pain to destroy outright. Plus, you can use sluggas & choppas and big choppas for some I4 attacks on the charge. Basically you can kit out Nobs to fit whatever you need them for.

MANs are fun but they have a few downsides. One being lousy leadership and no bosspoles so you need to put an HQ with them to keep them from running. As you know, they have no invulnerable save without Grotsnik, just the 2+ so they aren't a unit you want fighting power weapon heavy units, regular Nobs would suit that task better. However, Grotsnik does make them fearless and gets you cybork bodies. His special rule could be annoying, as BigToof is saying, it limits you a bit but if they're supported by other units then it should work out ok. For the most part I see MANs as a unit better suited for squishing soft units, again units that aren't full of power weapons or monstrous creatures. MANs are the unit you throw at a weak flank where Nobs are the unit you charge into the strong flank with.
Old 02 Feb 2010, 03:18   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

can dok grotsnik ride in a vehicle? i think so right?
95% of teens would go into a panic attack if the jonas brothers were about to jump off the empire state building, copy and paste this if you? are the 5% who would pull up a lawn chair & grab some popcorn and yell JUMP

how many boards
could the mongols hoard
if the mongol hordes
got bored?
big mek metalgutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2010, 08:45   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

If he's attached to a unit that has a vehicle and still fits the transport capacity, then yes he can.
Grimrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2010, 01:23   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

i think you should put in a couple of Meganobz, but because theyre so expensive, dont put in too many. It really depends on how big your army is, but i would go with more nobz, and a couple meganobz for a bodygaurd to your HQ, as bullet sponges for your boyz/nobz, and just to demolish any pesky heavy infantry there are.
Old 07 Feb 2010, 01:48   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mek metalgutz
can dok grotsnik ride in a vehicle? i think so right?
As per FAQ, he can, but the vehicle must move towards the closest enemy, and unload and assault if possible.
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
HiveFleetGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2010, 02:28   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Nobs would be better overall, since you can give them varied weaponry so whatever you run into you can hurt.

MANs tend to work better as interference and fire absorbers, since the weapons that can reliably hurt them are the same that will be mostly shot at your vehicles.
Orks 15 3 2 (Mekboy and weirdboy based force with boyz, deffkoptas and walkers)
Chaos12 2 4 (Infantry based chaos)
juraigamer is offline   Reply With Quote