Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ork Apoc n00b
Old 19 Jan 2010, 22:07   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Ork Apoc n00b

Yes, it's me again and I'm here with some Apoc questions.

-Is the Skullhamma worth it? If so, where's the datasheet for it? If there isn't one, can I have some stats?
-Is the FOC chart unlimited? If so, then I'm screwed.
-How do formations work?
-How many structure points do you get?

If that doesn't scare you out of your frilly pink leotards, guess what: You are an idiot and you hate America.
Begel Dverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2010, 22:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to jonnyp
Default Re: Ork Apoc n00b

Well i can give answers to most of those

1. The data sheet is in Imperial armor Apoc 2, and might even still be on the forge world site. But no its according to forum regs i nor anyone else can post stat lines.

2. No idea, should probably be in one of the GW apoc books.

3. Pretty sure thats in the 40k rule book

4. Structure points vary from vehicle to vehicle. For say a Manta is going to have s crap ton, but a baneblade will have less.
jonnyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2010, 22:47   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

The original Skullhamma is just in the Apocalypse book, as I recall. The other Battlefortresses are in the Imperial Armour books,

The FOC chart is essentially unlimited in Apocalypse. It is up to you to work things out with your opponents. Formations have their own special rules detailed on the datasheet. Basically taking a set of units and paying a few more points gives you access to different special rules.

Structure Points are listed on the datasheet. You really need access to the Apocalypse book to use its rules, either by buying it yourself or using a store copy. It answers all of these questions.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2010, 22:56   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

If you need some help with Orks in Apocalypse, then for a basic guide to the new things you have available to you, may I recommend the post I made here? Amongst other things, it lists where you can find specific Datasheets and a brief description of each one.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2010, 11:43   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Knaht you all!

Now about the Battle fortress, is it in the Apocalypse that cost $50 or Apocalypse Reload?

If that doesn't scare you out of your frilly pink leotards, guess what: You are an idiot and you hate America.
Old 21 Jan 2010, 15:40   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Which Battle Fortress?

If you are talking about the Skullhammer Battle Fortress then you'll need the Apocalypse book. If you are talking about Forgeworld's Battle Fortress then you'll need Imperial Armour Apocalypse. If you want Forgeworld's 'Kustom' Battlefortress then you'll need Imperial Armour Apocalypse 2.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2010, 18:33   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

I got my copy today. I still need to crunch numbers, but my initial impression is that the Skullhamma is still the way to go. It has fewer big guns than the Custom Battlefortress, but the main gun is better and it doesn't lose any transport capacity for it. It has weaker armor, but it is Fast. But it also has fewer options than the Custom Battlefortress, which includes all of the new Forge World guns and all of the regular Ork vehicle upgrades. You can also stick a ridiculous number of Big Shootas and lighter weapons on the Custom Battlefortress.

I would not waste time on any of Forge World's other versions. Either go with the one in the Apocalypse book or the one in Imperial Armour Apocalypse II. The latter is a good investment for any Ork converter. In addition to the Custom Battlefortress, the Big Trakk and the Mekboy vehicle are both extremely flexible datasheets. Between the three datasheets and the Mega-dread you essentially have Vehicle Design Rules for Orks.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2010, 20:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

I'll think about it...

Old 24 Jan 2010, 16:56   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

How many points of ork do you actually own?
Because if it is just ~Waagh Wazrokk~ I would recommend building that list up quite a lot before thinking about playing apocalypse.
W o K
Old 24 Jan 2010, 17:12   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Well...

Currently I own 483 points of Orks :-[

:'( Don't yell at me!