Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

500-Point Ork Army List: Need some help making it for Doubles Tournament
Old 30 Dec 2009, 14:32   #1 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default 500-Point Ork Army List: Need some help making it for Doubles Tournament

So, there's a 1000-Point Hobby/Games Doubles Tournament coming up soon. I'm thinking of joining in with my Orks (My Imperial Guard wants to be borrowed by a friend of mine but I'm still thinking...). I have no experience whatsoever on games this small as well as having the hobby side of it coming into my play.

So, I was wondering what Ork Army List that would have a balanced of competitiveness, composition and painting (I guess which models look cool)?

EDIT: I have no idea who I am partnering up with nor who are my opponents nor the rules nor the missions. I'm going in blind so I want a very well-balanced and all-rounded list.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2009, 15:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: 500-Point Ork Army List: Need some help making it for Doubles Tournament

In a game so small, the odds of facing any seriously strong guns is low, which is a great boon to you. There are a few choices I would suggest off the top of my head.

1). Boyz, lots and lots of Boyz. In a game of 1,000 points divided over two armies, numbers will kill your opponents. I'd personally start with two mobs of at least 20 with PK Nob. Or, go with two full mobs bare, and take a KFF mek (not sure on the points of that bugger, but if too much drop a few boyz to fit). Regardless of what your partner brings, such a large host will certainly distract your opponent enough for you to plan your attack.

2). Biker Boss with Klaw. In smaller games, you tend to only play on a 4'x4' table...which means that your biker boss will have free reign to run units down. Maybe look into a few cheap bikers as well (I'd avoid Nobz at such a low points game) to keep him alive, and then proceed to terrorize your opponents' shooty fings.

3). Lootaz. While they are expensive, they can make their points back relatively easily. In 1000 points, you’re likely to be facing a maximum AV of 13, and that’s very rare. Capable to punishing both infantry and light vehicles, Lootaz can be deadly.

Of course, if you wanted to be really mean, you’d look into some Kans as well…

Hive Fleet Omukade: 8/0/0
Raven Guard: 8/2/0

Latest Result: Wipeout victory for the Tyranids!

irishdelinquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2009, 15:06   #3 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Default Re: 500-Point Ork Army List: Need some help making it for Doubles Tournament

Oh wait! I remember 1 Rule from it; 1 HQ and 1 Troop Choice are compulsory >.< If I really want to be mean, I will take Nob Bikerz >
Old 30 Dec 2009, 16:53   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Can you have a unit of Nobz on Bikes?
I knew you could have biker boyz, with a nob as an upgrade, but i wasnt aware you could have a full unit of Nobz on bikes?
Elliot2205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2009, 17:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Zenai:
If you wanted the most mad-on for points, totally go with Nob Bikers. The chances that someone will be bringing the Kryptonite (i.e. Psycher Battle Squad) in a 500 pt list is pretty small. Maybe a Deffkopta as well for last minute objective grabs or first round tank smashing.
Now, if you wanted a kinder list, you could go with Biker Boss+Warbikes (shooty with a side of hitty) and a Trukk or two.
The small board size will make faster lists all but unavoidable. (assuming you are using 4x4 in the games).
I just would make sure that your partner is bringing something to take care of guys hiding in the rafters as Bikers can't climb

Best,
-BT
BigToof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2009, 02:09   #6 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Good suggestions all around

Maybe I could fit in a Warboss-Biker, a mob of Warbikerz and a mob of Shoota Boyz...

*Ponders...*
Old 31 Dec 2009, 03:45   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

How about:

KFF big mek
1 shoota mob
3 teams of two grotzooka kans
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2009, 04:11   #8 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Thing is about Kanz is that I don't trust anything with an AV on it. I like my Infantry, my Jump Infantry, my Bikers, my Jetbikers, my Cavalry and my MCs. I think I'll go with the Boyz + Warbikerz Combo List. See what can I fit into it.
Old 31 Dec 2009, 06:11   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath

I say Trukkboyz and Warpheads. Youy get a solid core of Boyz, and nobz, and the possibility of a Turn 1 Waagh, and assault.
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
HiveFleetGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jan 2010, 06:40   #10 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

HQ
Warboss (130 Points)
Warboss equipped with Choppa, Slugga, Stikkbombz, Warbike, Attack Squig, Cybork Body and Bosspole

Troops
Ork Boyz (235 Points)
1 Nob equipped with Power Klaw, Slugga and Bosspole
26 Ork Boys with Shootas
3 Ork Boys with Big Shootas

Fast Attack
Warbikers
1 Nob Biker equipped with Power Klaw, Slugga, Warbike and Twin-Linked Dakkagun
3 Warbikers equipped with Choppa, Slugga, Warbike and Twin-Linked Dakkagun