Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

wartrukk
Reply
Old 25 Dec 2009, 08:16   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 183
Send a message via MSN to Atlantis
Default wartrukk

Can someone tell me how to use wartrukks properly with boyz inside them cause i find them relatively useless becauset 12 boyz are use less against 10 marines unless they combat squad, but aginst my friends space wolf army it is useless vs the counter charge and calvery. please tell me how to use trukk boyz properly.
__________________
My ego know no bounds even the sky with no limits can contain it
Atlantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2009, 10:09   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Somewhereshire
Posts: 6,214
Send a message via MSN to Ravager
Default Re: wartrukk

Firstly, do your trukkboyz include a Nob?
If not, add one.
Secondly, does said Nob have a Power Klaw?
If not, add one.
Does the Trukk have any upgrades?
No?
Good.
There are only two upgrades a Trukk should take, mostly because once the boyz are out, it's toast (and likely before that even). First upgrade is a rokkit launcher. A measly five points, and that trukk becomes a credible, if unreliable, threat against most tanks. Second upgrade is a reinforced ram, because Orks just love bashing fings inta uvver fings.

The point behind a Trukkmob is not to get the mob itself into combat. The point is to launch the mob across the board at top speed, disembark in the next turn, provided you haven't already been forced out by the fact your trukk has gone boom! And get the PK Nob into combat.

The PK Nob is the most important part of the squad, as he can reliably squish 2-3 beakies a turn.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrBonesaw
"Drop the shovel, and stand back from the keyboard!"


We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2009, 10:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 7,449
Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: wartrukk

Remember: Mobs of Boyz are NOT mobs of Boyz. They are NDS - Nob Delivery Systems.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restayvien
Well I'd rather not play the game at all than play it like they did! :P
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2009, 11:39   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ota, Gunma Prefecture, Japan
Posts: 3,764
Default Re: wartrukk

How many Trukk Boyz squads do you charge into a single Space Marine squad? Despite being in comparatively small sized squads Trukk Boyz still work best in larger numbers, so charging multiple squads into a single Marine squad, which is easily achievable with your enhanced speed from the Trukks, will likely help you out.

Going head to head with Marines on a near one-to-one basis means you will lose more often than not. You need to skew the odds in your favour.
__________________
[table][tr][td]Regards,
MT.[/td][td] [[/td][/tr][/table][hr]What's an abelian group with an associative, distributive secondary operator and the power to corrupt mortals?
[spoiler=Answer]The One Ring![/spoiler]
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2009, 14:07   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Craftworld Yme-Loc.
Posts: 1,695
Default Re: wartrukk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager Zero
Firstly, do your trukkboyz include a Nob?
If not, add one.
Secondly, does said Nob have a Power Klaw?
If not, add one.
Does the Trukk have any upgrades?
No?
Good.
There are only two upgrades a Trukk should take, mostly because once the boyz are out, it's toast (and likely before that even). First upgrade is a rokkit launcher. A measly five points, and that trukk becomes a credible, if unreliable, threat against most tanks. Second upgrade is a reinforced ram, because Orks just love bashing fings inta uvver fings.

The point behind a Trukkmob is not to get the mob itself into combat. The point is to launch the mob across the board at top speed, disembark in the next turn, provided you haven't already been forced out by the fact your trukk has gone boom! And get the PK Nob into combat.

The PK Nob is the most important part of the squad, as he can reliably squish 2-3 beakies a turn.
I believe armour plates would be more useful in this case. You always want to be able to move your truck, and those 1's that c ome up stop that... unless you take armour plates.

scar
__________________
scar face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2009, 14:12   #6 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,937
Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: wartrukk

Yeah, I agree with Scar Face here. Armor Plates and Reinforced Ram is a pretty good wargear combo for Delivery Trukks.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2009, 14:21   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Southlake, Texas
Posts: 1,243
Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath
Default Re: wartrukk

I think Trukkboyz are great, just being boyz, but I have a 66% chance of a first turn Waaagh. Move 13" Disembark 2" waaagh 1"-6" and assault 6". Thats 21"-27" first turn. I only need a 4 to reach their deployment zone, On turn ONE.
__________________
VS Droids: W24/L24/T10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
HiveFleetGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2009, 14:22   #8 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,937
Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: wartrukk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiveFleetGoliath
I think Trukkboyz are great, just being boyz, but I have a 66% chance of a first turn Waaagh. Move 13" Disembark 2" waaagh 1"-6" and assault 6". Thats 21"-27" first turn. I only need a 4 to reach their deployment zone, On turn ONE.
You're using a Weirdboy? :huh:
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2009, 14:23   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Southlake, Texas
Posts: 1,243
Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath
Default Re: wartrukk

I'm using 2. And their Warpheads
__________________
VS Droids: W24/L24/T10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
HiveFleetGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2009, 14:34   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ota, Gunma Prefecture, Japan
Posts: 3,764
Default Re: wartrukk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiveFleetGoliath
I think Trukkboyz are great, just being boyz, but I have a 66% chance of a first turn Waaagh. Move 13" Disembark 2" waaagh 1"-6" and assault 6". Thats 21"-27" first turn. I only need a 4 to reach their deployment zone, On turn ONE.
Bear in mind that in a Table Quarters deployment you can start closer than 24". In fact, you could start as close as 17" apart.

Don't forget that if you place the rear end of the furthest-most deployed model then you could get almost an extra inch. And if you add a model with a 40mm base, such as a Warboss, then you can get more than an extra inch.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HiveFleetGoliath
I'm using 2. And their Warpheads
That doesn't add up to a 66% chance, though. That works out to approximately a 52% chance (which is still, admittedly, pretty good).

Each Weirdboy Warphead has an 11/36 chance of pulling off a Waaagh (1/6 + 5/6*1/6) and the chance of neither Weirdboy Warphead getting a Waaagh is 25/36*25/36 which approximates to 48.2% (3sf), thus the chance of success is 51.8% (3sf).
__________________
[table][tr][td]Regards,
MT.[/td][td] [[/td][/tr][/table][hr]What's an abelian group with an associative, distributive secondary operator and the power to corrupt mortals?
[spoiler=Answer]The One Ring![/spoiler]
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ork Converted Wartrukk (WIP) MagicJuggler Showcase 6 07 Mar 2007 05:44
10-man Wartrukk number 3 Hive Lord Showcase 5 10 Jul 2005 11:48
10-man Wartrukk number 3 (PIP) Hive Lord Conversion 62 09 Jun 2005 16:49
10-man Wartrukk number 2 Hive Lord Showcase 6 04 May 2005 18:34
Ork Wartrukk Conversion Hive Lord Conversion 9 24 Dec 2004 14:30