Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Proud ork papa
Old 16 Dec 2009, 17:30   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to MrSoup
Default Proud ork papa

My brother in-law and I played our first real game with his new space marine army at 1600 points and I had a real trepidation about fighting his 10-man terminator squad. Well, that was until my biker boyz saw them. Out of the six shots that I was able to pump out, a solid two hit the armored beakies. 2+ saves are rolled....snake eyes. ;D 8 more to go. My BigMek, not to be shown up by the bikes he himself built, aimed his SAG looking to tag 7 more beakies. Strength 10! No scatter! 5+ invulnerable save...nothing above a 3. In one turn I killed 9 termies. It was wonderful. Now, I normally don't run Meks with SAGs and typically 2 squads of bikers just so I can have more fast PKs. This was the first time I ran a squad of 6 bikes as a mobile gun platform after some suggestions on this very board and I gotta say, I love it. They served me well and I ended the game with two still alive, this was a first also.

This fight has convinced me to slowly start shifting my tactics from KoS, where I died a lot, to more of a Mek based list. What would you folks recommend as compulsory units to start getting a Mek list going? So far I have 1 Killa Kan with 2 more I plan on scratch building, a Deffdread, 4 trukks, and 6 bikes.
Old 17 Dec 2009, 09:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Proud ork papa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSoup
My brother in-law and I played our first real game with his new space marine army at 1600 points and I had a real trepidation about fighting his 10-man terminator squad. Well, that was until my biker boyz saw them. Out of the six shots that I was able to pump out, a solid two hit the armored beakies. 2+ saves are rolled....snake eyes. ;D 8 more to go. My BigMek, not to be shown up by the bikes he himself built, aimed his SAG looking to tag 7 more beakies. Strength 10! No scatter! 5+ invulnerable save...nothing above a 3. In one turn I killed 9 termies. It was wonderful. Now, I normally don't run Meks with SAGs and typically 2 squads of bikers just so I can have more fast PKs. This was the first time I ran a squad of 6 bikes as a mobile gun platform after some suggestions on this very board and I gotta say, I love it. They served me well and I ended the game with two still alive, this was a first also.

This fight has convinced me to slowly start shifting my tactics from KoS, where I died a lot, to more of a Mek based list. What would you folks recommend as compulsory units to start getting a Mek list going? So far I have 1 Killa Kan with 2 more I plan on scratch building, a Deffdread, 4 trukks, and 6 bikes.
BATTLEWAGON!!! BATTLEWAGON!!! ;D

some people like to personalize theirs to work for them e.g like your bikes and trukks will make a nice speed freek but if your leaning towards a Mek list you want lots of "mek-like" inventions like deffdreads,killa kans,burnas and lootas which they like to make, if I had to make one myself it would more than likely have all of these above with 2 Big Meks, one with KFF riding in the BW while the other with SAG being in cover with the lootas so this makes a nice support while the vehicles trundle along.
sometimes you will need anti-tank and orks have a lack of this, power klawing nobs on bike are one thing but I love kannons which can whack 3 Krak missiles at it which can do some messy things to tanks, :

Hope this helps anywhere, but I myself have never made a Mek list but this should help.
Jasonsea212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2009, 05:52   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Not to rain on your parade so to speak, but please do not let yourself forget that that was extreme luck. And that result isn't typical... so the first time you play your big mek army dont expect everything to be kicking ass like that just because of that isolated case.

Otherwise, a change in taktiks is always a nice break so don't let my cynacism discourage you.
92% of teens have moved onto rap--- If you ARE part of the 92% who don't disown an entire genre of music just because they think they're too good to be part of any majority, and if you ARENT part of the 8% of judgemental people who think they're the "music police" and believe themselves to be above the rest of us and think they are the only ones with valid tastes post this on your profile!

Watson9801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2009, 01:36   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to MrSoup

Oh, I'm aware of the chances, but it was still nice. And awesome to see his face drop. The next game his termis didn't make it on the field til the last real turn, didn't get to do anything. Convinced him not to take them anymore, don't know if that's a good thing yet.
Old 28 Dec 2009, 04:39   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

well lets just hope for your sake that his points are worse spent elsewhere against you in future endeavors.
92% of teens have moved onto rap--- If you ARE part of the 92% who don't disown an entire genre of music just because they think they're too good to be part of any majority, and if you ARENT part of the 8% of judgemental people who think they're the "music police" and believe themselves to be above the rest of us and think they are the only ones with valid tastes post this on your profile!

Watson9801 is offline   Reply With Quote