Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

orks vs templars
Old 03 Dec 2009, 09:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Atlantis
Default orks vs templars

recently my boyz are having alot of trouble daling with dark templars due to their habit of reroll to hits ability, which causes me to lose a lot of boyz vs their termies with lightning claws and i have no effective means of diabling a landraider before they come how can i beat them using a mega nob list and a mek walker list because my walkers get completerly destroyed even with KFF around.
Old 03 Dec 2009, 10:30   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: orks vs templars

For the Landraider I use a Battlewagon with deffrolla! Trust me it works :-)
Old 03 Dec 2009, 12:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaghsteve
For the Landraider I use a Battlewagon with deffrolla! Trust me it works :-)
The problem is there's no official ruling on the use of a deffrolla against a vehicle so it's left up to house rules.

I have yet to fight Templars, so I have little in the way of specific advice. However, if at all possible just avoid the Landraider. It's simply not worth the effort of bringing it down. Same with what's in it, try and avoid it, which is easier said then done. The amount of Orks you'd have to direct to deal with the Landraider and contents will take away from handling objectives, assuming it's not annihilation. Try and spread yourself out so they can't charge out of the Landraider, smash some Boyz, and line up another unit. Maybe toss some bait its way, something it can't ignore, like some Meganobz or Nobz with PKs. Once they take the bait then you can sweep in to support the assault or just avoid it and hope you can bog him down in it.
Old 03 Dec 2009, 15:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Warpspiderman

I agree with Thor for the most part, except for using PK's as a distraction. Use PKs to bring him down! He'll have to kill your whole squad of boyz to get to the nob's power klaw, and in a couple turns he''ll have evicerated them all. As long as the land raider moved 6" or less you've got decent chances of taking it down, too.

I dont want to spark a debate, but deffrollas dont work against vehicles. That's what the ram is for and its why you cant take both. It's used specifically when you tank shock infantry units. Also, you get a bonus d6 against people who choose DoG. Vehicles cant take death or glory (excluding walkers) Although I do concede to the point that you can play it according to House Rules.
Old 03 Dec 2009, 17:24   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The only thing that was affective againt BT for me was getting the charge. Yes that is an obvious solution, but if you get charged, well my friend, it is not pretty.
arsenal1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Dec 2009, 17:50   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCHER
recently my boyz are having alot of trouble daling with dark templars due to their habit of reroll to hits ability, which causes me to lose a lot of boyz vs their termies with lightning claws and i have no effective means of diabling a landraider before they come how can i beat them using a mega nob list and a mek walker list because my walkers get completerly destroyed even with KFF around.
It might help if you give us both your list and what your opponent was using.

In general though, it's a good idea to sacrifice a unit of boyz (or kanz I suppose) to draw terminators in and then charge them in your turn.

What's killing your Kanz? Lascannons?
Droofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Dec 2009, 17:52   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpspiderman
I dont want to spark a debate, but deffrollas dont work against vehicles....................................
I understand you not wanting to get into a debate about the deffrolla but to say so much against it says differently. If you had just left it at that I would not of replied.

In short the Deffrolla says anything it Tank Shocks, as per the rules on page 69 it says Ramming is a special type of tank shock move. Also it says that any tank shock made by the deffrolla causes D6 Strength 10 hits on the victim unit. Rules book page 51 say, Note that vehicles are also a different type of unit. There for I believe that yes a Deffrolla works against vehicles. There is more to support the fact that it can be used then against vehicles but an FAQ is needed. Until I am told different via an FAQ I use it.
Old 03 Dec 2009, 20:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Warpspiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaghsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpspiderman
I dont want to spark a debate, but deffrollas dont work against vehicles....................................
I understand you not wanting to get into a debate about the deffrolla but to say so much against it says differently. If you had just left it at that I would not of replied.

In short the Deffrolla says anything it Tank Shocks, as per the rules on page 69 it says Ramming is a special type of tank shock move. Also it says that any tank shock made by the deffrolla causes D6 Strength 10 hits on the victim unit. Rules book page 51 say, Note that vehicles are also a different type of unit. There for I believe that yes a Deffrolla works against vehicles. There is more to support the fact that it can be used then against vehicles but an FAQ is needed. Until I am told different via an FAQ I use it.
That indeed makes a lot of sense. If the ork trukk can ram vehicles then it does follow that the Deffrolla can be used against them. I think they possibly meant infantry only, but since they failed completely to specifiy which, and the rules you stated validate it completely, I agree with you now. Good show! I however, good Steve, did not use that many periods. [/argument]