Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Rokkit Packs
Old 20 Nov 2009, 05:28   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Rokkit Packs

I'm not an Ork player, but I'm reading through the Ork codex to better understand my green skinned opponents. I read then entry on storm boyz and had a question. The rule "Rokkit Pack" states that rokkit packs count as jump packs but also that you add a D6 to the movement (and on a role of 1 you loose a boy). Does this mean that the rokkit packs can move between 13-18 inches (12 for the jump pack rule plus the extra role) or that they move between 7-12 inches (in which case they are pretty crummy jump packs that can kill you)?
archer_bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2009, 08:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia
Default Re: Rokkit Packs

13 to 18 inches (12 inches PLUS d6 inches)

they are great - give them the character which allows them to deepstrike AND assault in the same turn - the character with the special talons (when charging treated as a power klaw that strikes in normal initiative order) they are pretty cool...

Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2009, 12:11   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

You do need a big mob of them, though, as they tend to thin out in a hurry if you use them with Zagstrukk.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Nov 2009, 00:00   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

They follow the mob rule also so id use a big mob anyways - they are orks after all who uses 4 squads of 15 boyz instead of 2 squads of 30? Okay maybe some people have reasons for it, but stormboys are going to annoy your opponents with their epic speed so give them big numbers and try make them stick around :P

Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Nov 2009, 00:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I've been having a lot of success with two groups of five, after I read a tactica on the Waaagh on the smaller squads. One has a pk and the other a big choppa. They work in concert with each other or help out other units. You can't play too aggressively with them, or they will be taken out, but if used right they can cause a lot of damage. The two squads are more versatile, won't wipe out GEQs getting you shot up the next turn, are easier to hide, and don't look as threatening.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Nov 2009, 00:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I do like the Stormboyz, but I used them mostly in conjunction with my Nob Bikerz. They can easily follow the Bikers if the Bikers boost (24" potential with the run there!), and they look threatening as anything! If the enemy shoots at them, you get a nice 4+ save, and that's shots your Bikers don't have to take. If it's a decent sized squad, then you can survive quite nicely and help backup the Bikers with assaults.
They're nice for doing horrible things to people who think they're safe from the Bikers as well, as they can hop behind "Fish of Fury" and Valk/Vendetta formations, and they do horrible things to Obliterators and others. Also good for taking out anything hiding in the backfield like Dreads and Artillery formations.
They can also do rather simple things, such as prevent charges by leaping in front of things (like TH Termies) and prevent bikes from maneuvering around as freely as they'd like (simply string them out, and the Bikes won't be able to Turbo Boost where they want to go!).
Then again, I treat them as somewhat disposable...

Best,
-BT
However, I haven't used them lately as they don't tend to survive as well, but still, they're fun!
BigToof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2009, 05:11   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutfox
You can't play too aggressively with them, or they will be taken out,
Well, that's not very orky. :-)
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll be sure not to point this out to my ork playing friends. (Ok, I probably will but that's just because I'm a nice guy.)
archer_bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2009, 05:30   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

My Warboss is a Blood Axe
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2009, 21:46   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Scoutfox: Silly question, but can you sum up the tactica for the small Stormboyz mobz? I've been considering running a small number of them expressly for taking out transports, but wasn't sure how to keep them safe while they made their way up the board.

Best,
-BT
BigToof is offline   Reply With Quote