Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ork Trukks Boyz and Assault!
Old 17 Nov 2009, 21:07   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Ork Trukks Boyz and Assault!

Hi all, I had my first completive game of 40k today and I hit a speed bump. Ork trukks are fast and open topped. Also they can have Red Paint Job which means they can move an other Inch. Fast vehicles can move 18 but with RPJ 19 I have always then deployed 2 then Assault 6. Now I have always done this as it a Fast open topped vehicle but I was told that I can not do this. This caused me to fail in what I was doing and next turn I was shot to bits. I was made to move my trukk back 6 then put my boys out and I was completely out of range of an assault. Now if I am wrong then far be it and am a dick but if I can do this please tell me how and also page numbers in the rule book.

Thank you

*EDIT* This was a legue game and even there Rule guy said no but what am reading on page 70 Titled Moving Fast Vehicles
Old 17 Nov 2009, 21:24   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to major_rawne02
Default Re: Ork Trukks Boyz and Assault!

IIRC you can disembark so long as you don't move more than 12", red paint job isn't counted for this, so you can move 13" disembark 2" and charge 6" getting 23" total. This was done to stop first turn charges with the whole ork army.
major_rawne02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2009, 23:28   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik_torgeddon
This was done to stop first turn charges with the whole ork army.
Doesn't stop them doing it first turn in either Dawn of War nor Spearhead, where you start less than 24" apart. Heck, you can even do it in Pitched Battle if you've got a Weirdboy who rolls WAAAGH! as his Psychic Power on the first turn.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2009, 06:47   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

So I cant disembark from a fast open topped vehicle that moved 18"? Even tho it says that moving flat out is just like moving at cursing speed but the only difference is I cant fire my weapon?
Old 18 Nov 2009, 06:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

The rulebook says you cannot get out of a vehicle that has moved over 12 (or 13 in this case). Read the rulebook, it will help all your problems.
limpchickeninabizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2009, 07:08   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by The "Shakey" Of The Lambs
The rulebook says you cannot get out of a vehicle that has moved over 12 (or 13 in this case). Read the rulebook, it will help all your problems.
Quote:
I have read the rule book, it say on page68 "if a vehicle has moved the passaengers may dismbark but not move any further.

Also read page 70. Open topped transport vehicles, the passengers of open-topped veicles may assault even if the vehicle has moved before their dismbarkation.

Also on page 70: Moving fast vehicles, A fast vehicle going flat out moves more than 12" and up tp 18" This represents the fast vehicle moving at top speed, without firing its guns and is treated in all repects exactly the same as moving at crusisng speed.........

So I have read the rulebook, That is why am asking here as am unclear as to why I was told I cant do this. So please dont tell me to read my rulebook unless you have a page number for me that will tell me different.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 07:20   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Read page 70 again, heading Fast transport Vehicles...

Passengers may not embark onto or disembark from a fast vehicle if it has or is going to move flat out IE over 12 (or 13 in this case).

When I say read the rulebook, I know its there.... Yous aid thwe right page but missed the heading, simple mistake...

My mate does something similar, he doesnt read the entire rule... Make sure you do.... or else! :P
Old 18 Nov 2009, 07:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Read page 70 again, heading Fast transport Vehicles...

Passengers may not embark onto or disembark from a fast vehicle if it has or is going to move flat out IE over 12 (or 13 in this case).

When I say read the rulebook, I know its there.... Yous aid thwe right page but missed the heading, simple mistake...

My mate does something similar, he doesnt read the entire rule... Make sure you do.... or else! :P
I have just seen that, At lest I know now why I cant do it. There is nothing worse then people telling you you cant do something but they cant back it up with rules. Thanks Shakey
Old 18 Nov 2009, 07:29   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well back when 5th ed first came out I read it cover to cover multiple times, and wrote down on here what rule changes there were.... And I'm still finding them!

But I know about transports and disembarking, I'm a Mech Eldar player.... And if a vehicle moves over 12 and is wrecked (wrecked not explodered) the unit inside is destroyed cause they can't disembark....
Old 18 Nov 2009, 07:39   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaghsteve
I have read the rule book, it say on page68 "if a vehicle has moved the passaengers may dismbark but not move any further.

Also read page 70. Open topped transport vehicles, the passengers of open-topped veicles may assault even if the vehicle has moved before their dismbarkation.

Also on page 70: Moving fast vehicles, A fast vehicle going flat out moves more than 12" and up tp 18" This represents the fast vehicle moving at top speed, without firing its guns and is treated in all repects exactly the same as moving at crusisng speed.........

So I have read the rulebook, That is why am asking here as am unclear as to why I was told I cant do this. So please dont tell me to read my rulebook unless you have a page number for me that will tell me different.
You just needed to read a little further on pg 70.

Fast Transport Vehicles
"Passengers may not embark onto or disembark from a fast vehicle if it has moved (or is going to move) flat out in the movement phase."

Sorry bud, but the only way it looks like your trukks are moving 19" and disembarking troops is if you're on a road.

EDIT: damn, ninja'd!

Hive Fleet Omukade: 8/0/0
Raven Guard: 8/2/0

Latest Result: Wipeout victory for the Tyranids!

irishdelinquent is offline   Reply With Quote