Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Kaptin Badrukk
Old 14 Nov 2009, 07:45   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Kaptin Badrukk

Can anyone out there justify taking Kaptin Badrukk considering his HUGE points sink especially given that the other non-HQ special characters Boss Zagstruk and Boss Snikrot cost 50 points less each.

Also, whilst I like the thought of all the above models they all have significant weaknesses that puts me off fielding any of them.

Kaptin Badrukk - Huge points sink and fields a gun that could kill him. Despite being Assault 3 is likely to only hit once per turn.

Boss Zagstruk - Probably my favourite of the characters but to get the most out of him you need to deep strike within 6" of the enemy so you can charge the turn you arrive. Personally I think that this is extremely risky given the deep strike mishap table.

Boos Snikrot - Most of his rules I like. However, given how much it costs to field a squad of kommandos with the boss, I just think they die far too easily with their 6+ save. This is especially the case when facing SM, CSM etc who still get to strike first in close combat.

Does anyone have any other thoughts as I'm relatively new to both the forums and the Orks.

jessrn31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2009, 09:09   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Kaptin Badrukk

i havent got any of these guys so i dont know much but here is some things to consider when buying them

Kaptain Badrukk has a good guy but do you wanna risk gettting burnt with his rippa? also he has 3 powder grots which behave like ammo runts so you can reroll 3 new shots from Da Rippa.

Zagstruk i dont really know much about, if he has deep strike rule then he is a good guy to have leading 20 stormboyz to battle, you want to use him so you can take out critical lines (such as Tau Fire Warriors or snipers)

Snikrot has a low armour save because he can infiltrate and move through cover, aswell he can re-roll any failed assault attacks from snikrot, so he can be very handy, but on the other hand it can be points badly placed
EDIT: and snikrot has same initative as SM or CSM so you dont need to worry about Snikrot hitting last, besides dont forget he cannot be taken out 1st, only his kommandos can
and he also takes -1 leadership off his enemies aswell so that is quite handy when you got enemies with unshakeable leadership (such as CSM or Necrons)

if you want my opinion from one of these three i would get snikrot with the 5 kommandos pack and the 2 metal kommandos with big shoota and burna

Another EDIT: if you havent got him already i highly reccomend Ghazhkull Thraka if you havent got him, i find him very useful, espeically with his Waagh! he can move everyone 6 inchs, no need to roll and has 4 wounds (the most that any ork has) along with his 5 strength (10 because he has power klaw)
for muy suggestion, him leading a pack of 10 nobs in a trukk or battlewagon is a great idea to have (or 10 meganobz in battlewagon if you feel like paying out the money to see a load of heavily armoured nobz beating the crap out of their enemies)
Jasonsea212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2009, 10:40   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Having onlyused zagstrukk once or twice he is ok but not the best.I will borrow my freinds army and try both badrukk and snikrot out once i have finished painting his badrukk up for him
Old 14 Nov 2009, 10:44   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

oh cool, im gonna give my new ghazhkull a battle, see how good he really is (just literally him and a few nobz vs 30 boyz) see how that goes ;D
Old 14 Nov 2009, 10:48   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Wouldnt really se that as a test as the nobs and ghazkull will hammer 30 boys you need to test him out against in a 1000-1500pt game against say sm/csm or something laong those lines
Old 14 Nov 2009, 10:59   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

I know, but i havent got anybody who will give me a battle with me, what about ghazhkull on his own vs 30 boys? >
Old 15 Nov 2009, 01:14   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I would take snikrot. Keep his squad cheap but make sure you bring 2 burnas. Which count as power weapons in CC if not fired! I dont expect snikrot to survive, but if you choose your targets well, he will pay off. Just remeber to not rely on him as he rolls to come on Zagstruck is nice but you're better off just getting stormboyz with a nob and start them on the table.
arsenal1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2009, 05:14   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Boss Snikrot, take him and outflank and watch the fireworks, since he can enter from any table edge. Nothing like watching the opponents look on their face when 15 orks with 2 burnas, a nob with powerclaw and him show up behind his line and chop through units like butter, hot butter.
Orks 15 3 2 (Mekboy and weirdboy based force with boyz, deffkoptas and walkers)
Chaos12 2 4 (Infantry based chaos)
juraigamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2009, 05:29   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Warpspiderman

I agree: Badrukk isn't really worthwhile.

The reason Snikrot is so many points is because of his entry. He can die to high armored units fairly easily, but that's why you take maximum burnas. He's there to take out enemy support. I've come onto the rear table and taken out a demolisher with him before. (4 to hit, 6 to pen, blew up on a 6) ;D

Zagstruck is MUCH riskier but when he works he is just as effective. The character himself is stronger and the unit itself is more mobile once it enters.

I would experiment using both, but in a tournament and overrall usefullness setting, Snikrot all the way.
Old 15 Nov 2009, 06:38   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by juraigamer
Boss Snikrot, take him and outflank and watch the fireworks, since he can enter from any table edge. Nothing like watching the opponents look on their face when 15 orks with 2 burnas, a nob with powerclaw and him show up behind his line and chop through units like butter, hot butter.
Its either snikrot or a nob. You cant have both in a squad as snikrot takes place for one. I wish you could though!!!! And if it was the case, well can u say broken!!
arsenal1989 is offline   Reply With Quote