Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

would orks steal from tau?
Old 13 Nov 2009, 07:42   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default would orks steal from tau?

Now I dont really like orks THAT much. (apart from their mechanical stuff which is awsome) ;D

Im collecting tau and my friend bought a tau hammer head. I asked him why, he collects orks.
he said he was going to "loot it" now seeing as im new to warhammer I think its where you convert a vehicle for orks.
I thought that was pretty cool seeing as tau are so clean and orks are really dirty and it would be cool seeing a whole lot of yelling orks in such a pristine ship.

unfortunately my other friends dont think it would be as cool. they say orks would be to stupid to operate it and would just crash it but i think it would still be fun to make even if they did.

long story short my question is that would orks be able to use it, or would they just drive it off a cliff? ???

5ekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2009, 07:46   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: would orks steal from tau?

Orks will probably loot everything if given the chance And though they don't know the Hammerhead functions entirely, they might just stick in a steering wheel, gas and break pedal as well as a loud horn. He might keep the shinier buttons for some amusement later. So, yes. He, or rather the Orks can loot a Hammerhead and make it work. How well? Depends on which button he presses which in most cases, will see the Ork having "fun".

Long story short; the Orks will be able to use a Hammerhead and most likely they will drive it off a cliff just for laughs.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2009, 07:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

One of the coolest things about Orks is that they have a collective psychic power of belief. If an Ork believes something, and convinces the other Orks it is true, then it is.....no matter what. Ork vehicles driven by any other race will not work, and neither will their weapons. The only reason they work is because a mek told the boyz the guns should fire.

So, Orks can loot anything from any race, as long as they believe it will work. I have a Devilfish that I'm planning on making into a looted wagon. I have looted weapons from Tau, Tyranids, Space Marines, IG, Ork, Eldar, and Necrons in my army.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2009, 07:49   #4 (permalink)
PNW
Shas'Vre

Well, Orkz have an innate understanding of technology, and even if they couldn't really make it work, they have the ability to make things work if they believe in it enough, due to them all being latent psykers. If they really believe that they can make that railgun go off, it will. Although, they may need to put it on wheels and paint it red for it to be really Orky
Old 13 Nov 2009, 07:55   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai
Orks will probably loot everything if given the chance And though they don't know the Hammerhead functions entirely, they might just stick in a steering wheel, gas and break pedal as well as a loud horn. He might keep the shinier buttons for some amusement later. So, yes. He, or rather the Orks can loot a Hammerhead and make it work. How well? Depends on which button he presses which in most cases, will see the Ork having "fun".

Long story short; the Orks will be able to use a Hammerhead and most likely they will drive it off a cliff just for laughs.

wow i said the exact same thing and i guess i was right ;D

Old 13 Nov 2009, 08:04   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

IIRC in the Ork codex, Orks actually did manage to loot a couple of Hammerheads which pounded the living shit out of Farsight's troops. Given enough gunz and motivation, Orks can loot anything bar a Monolith (though even this is possible given enough Orks)
Das Boogie Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2009, 08:11   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

wow i only just realized a few seconds ago but...

what kind of statistics would a looted vehicle get? would it change from when it was in its origional race or does it get more orky things?

sorry bout my ignorance lol...

Old 13 Nov 2009, 08:17   #8 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Well, anything! Depending on what you're using them for. Going by the Ork Codex, a Devilfish chassis can be a Trukk, Looted Wagon or Battlewagon. Given the right type of equipment on the Devilfish chassis, of course. Orks has no uniformity whatsoever. So go crazy.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2009, 08:36   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Orks used to be able to have looted wagons that were representative of the race they stole them from, but no more. Now its just and aesthetic thing. I like to loot stuff from the armies I play against most; it bugs my opponents.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2009, 10:34   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

yeah your right there fox ;D i made a land raider into a looted wagon to make most of my mates (who are marines) feel stupid :P
Jasonsea212 is offline   Reply With Quote