Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Termies most effecive way to kill them
Old 06 Nov 2009, 04:35   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Atlantis
Default Termies most effecive way to kill them

Recently i have been playing against lots of termie abusers at my local club, sometimes i can engage them in cover and lysander and his eternal warrior ruin me.Due to me running a battlewagon list i can't take the lost of boyz that easily. Should i add stikkbomb launchers with my wagons and swarm the termies or do you guys have better ways in killing termies in cc or shooting.
Old 06 Nov 2009, 05:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Termies most effecive way to kill them

The shokk attack gun can put them in their place, as can just using mass assaults with grenade equipped boys going before their powerfists. With the maximum group of boys, you should cause 20 wounds, the opponent will roll some 1's. If all else fails, deffkoptas with kustom mega blasters can do the trick.
Orks 15 3 2 (Mekboy and weirdboy based force with boyz, deffkoptas and walkers)
Chaos12 2 4 (Infantry based chaos)
juraigamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2009, 05:03   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Have a read through this topic, while being Chaos specific in the original post it certainly applies to terminators in general

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,84194.0.html
Sargaule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2009, 06:16   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Depends a little on what they are armed with. The SAG is very good against them, although it is of course somewhat unreliable. But it is a good threat weapon, since no Marine player in his right mind will Deep Strike a unit of Terminators within LOS and range of Shokk Attack Gun.

Nobs and Nob Bikerz are good at killing terminators, but unfortunately they are also very good at being killed by terminators.

Battlewagons alone have nothing particularly useful against Terminators, so the infantry has to do it. You really just want to force them to make as many saves as possible. I played Deathwing for a long time, and this was normally how people wore me down.

Actually, your best bet is probably Burna Boyz. If a full mob of 15 of them in a Battlewagon can get close enough to cover the whole unit of Terminators with a template, they will do 75 S4 hits. Statistically that means 37 wounds and 6 dead terminators. And if you need to do it in close combat instead, that many Burna Boyz can dish out 45 S4 Power Weapon attacks on the charge.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2009, 09:10   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Why not try a Looted Wagon with Boomgun, thatís what I use. Its str8 which is double a termy toughness so you will be forcing there invaluable save. If it hits then great u should kill a couple then go in for an assault with a unit of boyz!
Old 06 Nov 2009, 10:28   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaghsteve
Why not try a Looted Wagon with Boomgun, thatís what I use. Its str8 which is double a termy toughness so you will be forcing there invaluable save. If it hits then great u should kill a couple then go in for an assault with a unit of boyz!
Boomguns are only AP 3 so will not ignore a Terminator's 2+ Armour Save. You are confusing the Instant Death rules (double Strength vs. Toughness) with the Armour Piercing rules; having a weapon with a Strength of double or more the Toughness of the target does not affect its Armour save in any way.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2009, 11:28   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Thespian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaghsteve
Boomguns are only AP 3 so will not ignore a Terminator's 2+ Armour Save. You are confusing the Instant Death rules (double Strength vs. Toughness) with the Armour Piercing rules; having a weapon with a Strength of double or more the Toughness of the target does not affect its Armour save in any way.
I thought that the rules for shooting and instant death worked as one. So that only works in an assault then?
Old 06 Nov 2009, 11:31   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Armour Piercing is explained on page 20 of the Rulebook.

Instant Death is explained on page 26 of the Rulebook.

Both rules can apply to shooting and the second can apply in close combat. However, neither rule has any bearing on the other. Just because a weapon can inflict Instant Death through a high Strength, it doesn't mean that it will ignore an Armour Save, and just because a weapon can ignore an Armour Save through a low AP value, it doesn't mean it inflicts Instant Death.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2009, 12:39   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

It depends on the type of Termies you're facing. If they're all power fists then you can bog them down in Boyz and dismantle them in a turn or two. However if they're armed with lightning claws then stay away from assault, they'll tear you up before you get to swing and if you assaulted them with a large mob then you'll start taking fearless wounds. I watched a teammate of mine in a game recently charge 30 Boyz at 6 Termies who had a mix of lightning claws and thunderhammers/storm shields. By the second turn of the assault the Ork player was wiped out completely because he kept losing assault and taking a ton of fearless wounds.

Either type of Termie can be put down by volume of fire, force them to make saves. Lootas are great for this, so are Shoota Boyz. Just pour fire into them while being a safe distance away so you aren't charged and watch them start failing armor saves.
Old 06 Nov 2009, 12:50   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

sorta makes you miss the 3rd ed choppa rules eh? assault termines are a real pain for any army, however, anything which forces heaps of saves is the most reliable way to go (especially against the 3+ invl Assault termies)
Das Boogie Man is offline   Reply With Quote