Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Nob biker question
Old 17 Oct 2009, 05:49   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to jonnyp
Default Nob biker question

this question is two fold, one because i probably going to be running a few of these guys when i start my orks, and two since im probably going to be facing some in an up coming tourney.

What all saves do/can they have?

From just looking in the codex it seems like (up to) +4 armor, +3 cover, and 5+ invul saves plus FnP if they have a painboy. However im not entirely sure, and i want to direct the appropriate fire power at them before they turn my squishy tau into road kill.
jonnyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2009, 06:03   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: Nob biker question

4+ Armor Save
4+ Cover Save (3+ if they Turbo-Boost)
5+ Invulnerable Save
4+ Feel No Pain
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2009, 06:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

thats about a 1.75% chance of a shot of equal S to their T actually making a mark. have fun man.
Guitardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2009, 12:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Remember, nobz in general are piss annoying to kill at all. If your against bikes, then you will have 10 units with 2 wounds each, T5 (unless using S8 or better) and they always get their 4+ cover save because of the smokey engines the orks use, even if they are in the open and have not moved.

If they have a painboy, then they get 4+ save from every weapon besides a heavy flamer (which tau dont have) plus a 4+ feel no pain. This means that say u shoot with 12 pulse rifles. 4+ to hit (average 6) 4+ to wound toughness 5 (average 3) then 4+ armour save (lets say he passes 1 of 3) and a 4+ feel no pain (passes 1) He then loses 1 wound. his nobs have 2 each.

Just to show :P love playing ork i do

Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2009, 12:22   #5 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Nob Bikerz are T(4)5 so they still can be killed by Strength 8.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2009, 12:53   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

If your considering Nob bikers, then do it. They are completely solid units. Make sure you have a few powerclaws in there though, or they have substantially less damage output. Their toughness is completely absurd, I find myself having a hell of a time dealing with them.
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2009, 14:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well my over all "plan" to kill them is as follows, marker light them the hell up, to remove any and all cover saves that they have, and then turn them into squishy goo with plasma/fusion blasters, which both only allow for their invul saves (provided 2-3 of my marker lights hit). Hopefully (prays to god, allah, satan, budah...anyone else?) that will knock out a few of them.

Odds are deployment wise, im gonna be putting all my squishy important stuff, in building, or other terrain pieces, and force them to take as many dangerous tests as possible as i try to kill them.
Old 17 Oct 2009, 21:56   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Fusion Blasters are good. Plasma Rifles are just going to put a wound or two on them, with casualty allocation meaning that none actually drop. You really need the high strength. Crisis Suits and Stealthsuits are extremely easy to draw into a multiple charge, so you will probably only get one shot at it.

If you put your squishy units in structures with multiple levels, you can eliminate the worst threat of Nob Bikers. Like all bikes they can't charge into the second story and will have to shoot you.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Oct 2009, 05:04   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Odds are these guys will be my first priority in the fight, and im 90% sure that if i just poured all my available fire power (3 PR, 2 FB, 3 railguns, 1 ion cannon, 2 MP +plus what ever else it takes) in my first turn i should wipe them out, or at least hobble them enough that when turn 2 rolls around i can quickly finish them off and focus attention on his lootas, and horde of orks that are running towards me.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 05:24   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

You would be surprised how well they could fair after you shoot them with all those weapons. Honestly they shouldn't be a top priority in target priority. If a single nob lives, and passes moral, he can wipe out just about any unit the Tau have. I had a single bloodletter take out a full squad of fire warriors. Instead of fighting the bikers, try and slow them down by putting drones in their way, or other speed bump squads. If you can put units in buildings since the bikes can't assault them. Put flechettes on all your skimmers (which is good against all orks). Force them to move through terrain to get you, and then hope for 1's with their dangerous terrain checks. Remember they can only kill one squad/turn, if you don't bunch up too much. Just make sure its the one squad you want him to kill, and not the other way around.

Take all those guns and aim them at transports first, or those lootas. Lootas have crappy leadership and no bosspole, so knock them down 25% first. That or you can watch a skimmer bite the dust each turn.

Depending on what type of Ork army you face, your target priorities will shift. If you opponent takes a bunch of trukks, kill one, then move to the next. Ignore the boyz that pour out until you neuter his speed. Then start dropping submunitions on the squads.

Against Tau the most important things to kill are the fastest ones. Once they are all dead use your maneuverability to your advantage.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote