Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Best anti marine unit in the ork arsenal
Old 28 Sep 2009, 09:00   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Atlantis
Default Best anti marine unit in the ork arsenal

tankbustas are awesome marine killing units i make them go running around on a looted wagon a point their rokits at drop pod marines so funny cause you can kill 3-5ish at a time. also the tank protects them from small arms fire. i made looted wagons my primary heavy choice. I take 3 in a 2kgame and all loaded with tank bustas is no laughing matter when you blast apart their tanks and nuke those poor marines in the open.To stop them being melta i put them in reserve and wait for them to come close enough and let my missile go loose on them. i try to fit in battle wagons adding 4 more rokkit launchers and there you have it the most anti marine unit running around.
Old 28 Sep 2009, 09:05   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: The ork marine killerz

And this thread is for...
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2009, 12:00   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Best anti marine unit in the ork arsenal

I would argue against Tankbustas for this. Too tough to control. They are forced to fire at the Drop Pods unless you can keep them out of sight. They will try to fire at them even if they are out of range. They are rarely useful against non-vehicle units unless you can figure out how to restrict their LOS.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2009, 07:58   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Atlantis

I would have to say i rely on my battle wagons to block line of sight works very well.
Old 29 Sep 2009, 08:05   #5 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Whatever works for you but I still don't see the point of this thread.
Old 29 Sep 2009, 13:28   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

It's not asking a question, it's not introducing a thought experiment, it's not a comprehensive or even cohesive tactica or suggestion. It breaks forum rules with regards to punctuation and general butchery of the English language. That's not even considering that the information itself is ridiculous at best.

All things considered (or even anything considered...) a tankbusta costs the same amount as a marine, yet will lose any shooting match. A normal tac marine has a 2/3 chance of hit, 1/2 chance of kill = .333 Orks killed per round of shooting at tankbusta's effective range. Tankbustas have 1/3 chance of hit, 5/6 chance of kill = .2777 marines killed per round of shooting at effective range. If you want to argue cover saves, marines still come out on top. This alone is enough to disqualify them from the role, but they also have plenty of other disadvantages not the least of which is the whole LOS problem. If you require blocking their LOS with battlewagons, then that's really a shame you're wasting the potential of your battlewagon!

I think I need to change my signature just so it doesn't seem like I'm in any way associated with you...
Ninja Ork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2009, 15:05   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

No need to make it personal.

But I do tend to agree that even with Battlewagons the restrictions imposed on Tankbustas keep them from being reliable enough to be a fixture.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2009, 16:00   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant

wow, way to be asshats everyone, clearly he is a new member. not everyone is as well educated about online forums as our members. i know personally i wasn't sure exactly what to discuss in an online forum when i first came here. right now you are discouraging young players, i for one wouldn't continue with this forum if i was slammed as hard as this guy has been. this is why games workshop is jacking up prices and slowly closing everything down. its because everyone is far too elitist for their own good.

and yes, my post does contain non-capital "i's"
Death-Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2009, 16:20   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Alright folks, let's keep it civil.
Old 29 Sep 2009, 16:39   #10 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Alright, fine.I'll dispute the OP's claim of Tankbustas being the best Anti-MEQ in the Ork Arsenal. @ OP: You know what's the best anti-MEQ? Weight of attacks/shots. What Orks lack in Power Weapons and low AP weapons, they make it up with being able to roll over a hundred dices. You can get 120 Attacks (on the Charge) from a full-strength Slugga Boy Mob, not counting the 30 shots from their Sluggas. Shoota Boyz can unleash 60 Shots and (on the Charge) 90 Attacks. Even Space Marine would have problem saving that many Armor Saves.

Not only that; since you take Looted Wagons, why don't you equip them with Boomguns? Strength 8 and AP 3; able to kill Space Marines while keeping a good distances away. Plus it's a Large Blast Weapon so the Ork's below average BS makes little differences when you're trying to hit the Marines. Same goes with Battlewagons, why don't you consider Killkannons? They're AP 3 and although it is only Strength 7, it still can do a lot of damage to 1-Wound MEQs.

Shokk Attack Gun; one of the few AP 2 weapons available to the Orks. Strength varies but shouldn't be too hard to roll a high enough Strength to allow you to wound Marines easily. Like the Boomgun, it's a Blast Weapon; a friggin' Large one to boot. It can even do a major hurting on TEQs.

Ever considered Burna Boyz? They can switch between having Flamers and Power Weapons. 15 Burna Boyz with 2 Attacks each and plus one more from Charging, gives you 45 Strength 4 Power Weapon attacks. On average, 10-man Marine Squad dead.

I think I'll stop here so the OP can absorb all this.

EDIT: Seriously though, having 3 mobs of Tankbustas in 3 Looted Wagons eats up a lot of points. I even wonder if you're just trying to tailor your list against MEQs.