Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

deff kopta or warbuggy
Old 26 Sep 2009, 11:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Atlantis
Default deff kopta or warbuggy

which is better for tank hunting the death kopta or the warbuggy with a rokkit launcha. statistically which will you guys reckon do better
Old 26 Sep 2009, 12:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia
Default Re: deff kopta or warbuggy

Deffkoptas have toughness5 and a 4+ armour save, which means that they can handle alot more concentrated fire. Warbuggies are AV10 vehicles.

Deffkoptas can be equipted with buzz saws too, so if they fail to shoot a tank down, they can assault it with power weapons (S8 when charging)

Deffkoptas can make a scout move 24 inches before the start of the game OR outflank, so come in from the side, shoot then assault a tank. They may be more expensive in points, but they are piss good - mine outshot Tau once was hilarious.

I use my warbuggies with skorchas coz its automatic hit, so even the orks cant miss :P

Just my opinion but deffkoptas

Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2009, 12:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Zambia pretty much nailed it on the head comparing the two.

Warbuggies are a tad cheaper for the same weapons but they are used differently. I use Deffkoptas for either that turn 1 shot on armor (scout move), or for outflanking. Buggies I tend to use in unison with my other vehicles, Trukks and such, to serve as a distraction or simply to take shots meant for the Trukks. If my Buggies kill anything it's a bonus.
Old 30 Sep 2009, 11:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager

Also, I believe Deffkopta buzzsaws are only S7 on the charge (S3 x 2 then +1S for furious charge).
Deffkoptas can also make better use of cover (although getting da blades tangled up in a tree ain't good), and can carry big bomms, which can be very entertaining against horde armies.

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2009, 13:11   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

I would say Deffkoptas. Buggies work if you have a Mek in a nearby transport with the Kustom Force Field. Otherwise they are relying on being a low-priority target.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Oct 2009, 02:12   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Don't forget that Deffkoptas are subject to Leadership tests, Warbuggies are not.

Old 05 Oct 2009, 02:15   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

But also don't forget that if your Deffkoptas ever need to take a leadership test, you're using them wrong.
Ninja Ork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Oct 2009, 14:40   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopokommassar
But also don't forget that if your Deffkoptas ever need to take a leadership test, you're using them wrong.
You can play them "right" and still be faced with enough fire to force you to take leadership tests. There are better ways of using them for sure but just because you're forced to test leadership doesn't mean you're using them wrong either.
Old 05 Oct 2009, 20:51   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

My 1500 point all comers list has a pair of koptas, and they have worked out wonderfully. I am going to experiment and convert up a pair of skorchas buggies too, which will not be in the same list. The two units have vastly different roles though, and I don't think you can compare them. For tank hunting I think the koptas are the better choice, but with skorchas the buggies can toast those nasty elite units you don't want to fight in hand to hand.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote