Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My Scratch-built Battlewagon model?
Old 21 Sep 2009, 20:44   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default My Scratch-built Battlewagon model?

Over the past year or so, I have built and re-build a battlewagon using a dis-used chaos land raider and lots and lots of bitz. The battlewagon has gone through several incarnations from a simple open-topped landraider to the same thing with a large troop-carrying platform high above it. More recently I completely re-did the design so it looked like what I considered a battlewagon to look like.

But then of course, Games Workshop decided to actually build a battlewagon model and thus standardise them (not sure why exactly), anyway, my battlewagon is quite big, it's much wider, probably longer and quite tall as well.

Here's the question;
Does this affect where I can use it or even if it is usable in the current ruleset.

Cheers - Cammerz
Old 21 Sep 2009, 20:55   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: My Scratch-built Battlewagon model?

Depends where you play, however as a general rule people are cool with Ork conversions since for the longest time we lacked so many models from GW, Battlewagon being one of them. I'm not a person who plays in shops but I do know some shops use the rule that the model has to be GW or at least 50% GW parts, something along those lines.

There's no reason it wouldn't be usable in the current rules. Size variations aren't usually a big deal since it can work for and against you at the same time. As long as those you play with are cool with it then you're fine.
Old 22 Sep 2009, 01:49   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: My Scratch-built Battlewagon model?

The store I play at sometimes doesn't care if any Ork players use converted or scratchbuilt vehicles. My trukks are big enough to transport a land raider, so no quite the right size, but I like the fact that I can actually transport 12 boyz in it. My trukks are easier to shoot and harder to hide because of the size, but I don't really care and I've never had an opponent complain.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote