Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What should I get next to expand my force?
Old 20 Sep 2009, 23:15   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia
Default What should I get next to expand my force?

I want to expand my ork force, and i have thought of some ideas, but would like it if some more experienced or knowledgable pals helped me out :P

I currently have these models
warboss
42 boys (27 slugga, 10 shoota, 3 big shoota and 2 rokkit boyz)
3 deffkoptas (TL rokkits, 1 with buzz saw)
10 nobz (including painboy, very strong spearhead of my attack)
trukk
warbuggy skorcha
2 deff dreads
Looted Wagon (Ex Rhino with skorcha)

its about 1500pts

My next choice is the hard one. Ideally i want to buy all of these things i am about to suggest, but i cant do that all at once :P The orks i want to purchase include.

Assault on black reach - 20 boyz, 5 nobz, 3 more deffkoptas which i am really liking

or

Kommando set and Loota and Burna set along with Boss Sigrot or whatever his name is.

Personally i think assault on black reach as the extra boyz will help boost numbers, and the extra deffkoptas wont be used in every game, just against mech heavy armies. But i really like the Burnas and love the Kommandos with Sigrot coz they can outflank anywhere.

Thoughts?

Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2009, 00:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath
Default Re: What should I get next to expand my force?

I would say... 93 more boyz with sluggas and choppas :P Its 720 points for 120 models. Buy a big mek with a KFF and watch as your opponent tries to fend them all off. Then you can put your points into some Nobz in Trukks (and with a painboy of course).
They shoot your nobz, more boyz reach the hypothetical "finish line", they shoot your boyz, your nobz will kick face.

and then of course there's the most awesome unit ever... THE DEFFKOPTA!
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
HiveFleetGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2009, 12:36   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

How do you see yourself playing the army? You could, as HiveFleetGoliath is saying, get a bunch more boyz and just swamp the enemy. You could get more Trukks and take a Speedfreak approach also. You have 2 Dreads already, so you could get yourself some Kans and go more mekanized. Lots more possibilities but it comes down to your style.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 13:42   #4 (permalink)
Nox
Shas'Vre

As Thor{DoH} said, how you want to play is the number one factor for what you should get. If it were me, I would say get a couple of boxes of Lootas. They are great at popping light vehicles and very killy vs infantry and monstrous creatures. It's always nice to have a little 'reach out and touch someone' ablility in your army for things you don't want to charge or can't reach quickly.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2009, 16:23   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I have found that snikrot generally only works when combined with a fast Trukky/bikey list coming from the other direction. If you're footslogging, snikrot could come in, isolated among your enemy forces, on turn two and be cut down by those units who don't have anything else to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demitriusnassy
Haha ;D I am Bob, the devourer of Souls. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Turning the Power Matrix into some kind of Disco Ball of Death? :P
willwills is offline   Reply With Quote