Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

want ta start some krumpin
Old 07 Sep 2009, 23:21   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to jonnyp
Default want ta start some krumpin

So i play tau, and wanna start an army that is the exact opposite or at least close to that as i could. And that is what brings me here. What im mainly askin for is some advise on what to get or how to use it the to the greatest affect.

I wanna field something along the KoS so i can get my boyz in close fast so they can smash some stuff up. With maybe some bikers, and probably a Shokk attack gun just because it looks cool and can do some awesome (and horrible) things. Along these lines, what would be the best sets to get (or how many)? I figure at least 2 battleforces, but other than more boyz and trukks i cant seem to figure out what else to get.
jonnyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2009, 00:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Warpspiderman
Default Re: want ta start some krumpin

The battleforce is a good start, but then you should also definitely get assault on black reach. You get the sweet warboss, 20 boyz, 5 noz, and deffkoptas, which have the scout rule.

The big mek with shokk attack gun I would go against, frankly. You'd be much better off getting a couple squads of lootas for some fire support. Theyre much more reliable and overall more effective at laying down support.

As for the speeding towards your enemy (always a good idea ) just go for fast units or ones with outflank. Snikrot with kommandos comes to mind.. also deffkoptas. Then of course warwagons, trukks, and bikes are great for closing some distance.
Old 08 Sep 2009, 22:36   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

yeah go on craigs list and find the ork half of a couple Assault on Black reach sets. Probably the cheapest way to get boys. and as illustrated in another of my posts the deffkoptas you get can be very effective. Also i have found deffdreads and killakan mobs to both A) look cool, B) draw alot of fire (which can be good and bad, gives your lightly armored trukks more movement), C) can destroy vehicles very effectively, something your boys cant do super effectively.

Be sure to always lead your boys squads with nobs kitted with power klaws and bosspoles, makes them infanately more effective. And for additional fast moving units get stormboys- who are just normal boys with rokkit packs if you move them right they can almost always get the charge on an enemy- which is critical with furious charge. Also- with the mob rule special rule, squads of 12, while fearless, dont stay that way for long so some larger squads in Battlewagons would be a good addition.

Also. Nobs in one of ur trukks with heavy armor and 1 powrklaw to every 3 big choppa ratio, and a painboy can be a very efficient vehicle and infantry destroying unit- that is aslo very survivable. And a wierdboy warphead can never hurt- they can give you bonus Waaaaghs!!! and teleport thier unit as well at having a number of powerful attacks. Make sure to take them as a warphead so you can re-roll a phykik attack you dont want.
92% of teens have moved onto rap--- If you ARE part of the 92% who don't disown an entire genre of music just because they think they're too good to be part of any majority, and if you ARENT part of the 8% of judgemental people who think they're the "music police" and believe themselves to be above the rest of us and think they are the only ones with valid tastes post this on your profile!

Watson9801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Sep 2009, 01:30   #4 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Kult of Speed usually consists anything from:
- Warboss mounted on either a Trukkz or Battlewagonz (usually tagging along with his Nobz or Boyz. Moft often is the former) or Warbikez
- Big Mek (usually with Kustom Force Field to give 4+ Cover Save to all vehicles within 12") mounted on either a Trukkz or Battlewagonz (usually tagging along with his Nobz or Boyz. Moft often is the latter)
- Nobz mounted on Trukkz or Battlewagon or Warbikerz
- Meganobz mounted on Trukkz or Battlewagonz
- Ork Boyz mounted on Trukkz (Dedicated Transport) or Battlewagonz (Heavy Support Choice)
- Warbikerz (can be taken as Troop Choice if you include Wazdakka)
- Deffkoptaz
- Stormboyz
- Warbuggiez
- Looted Wagon which is usually mounted by Tank Bustaz or Burna Boyz.

So, 2 Ork Battleforces is a good start but you need another Trukk for the Boyz with no ride. The AoBR Box Set is where you can a good and cheap Warboss and Nobz (on foot) with cheap Boyz and cheap Deffkoptaz. You probably need more Trukkz or even a Battlewagon for them (especially the Warboss and his Nobz).
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Sep 2009, 13:34   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Awesome thx for the help . I know i can get 1 set of AoBR orkz for cheap, if not free, so now i just need to round up the rest of the stuff. Quick question though, are there models for Wazdakka or a painboy on a bike? or do i have to do some converting?
Old 09 Sep 2009, 13:47   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

You'll have to convert. I know Zenai did some Painboyz on bikes that he put some pictures up of somewhere.
Old 09 Sep 2009, 14:23   #7 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Making Painboy Bikerz:
Step 1: Cut Painboy model in half
Step 2: Assemble Warbiker but leave out the upper half of the body
Step 3: "Paste" together upper half of Painboy and the Warbiker model

Of course, this is with the metal Painboy. The Nob Box Set has parts of a plastic Painboy. This may be more convenient for assembling :P

As for Wazdakka, you need to convert something like...

Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Sep 2009, 20:11   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

guess ill have to face up to my modeling weakness. But i need practice so good chance to get some it ^^. Well with any luck i should be able to atleast start this up in the next 2 weeks, right after i get my next 500pts of tau who have already cut a swathe of destruction through my LGS.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 02:55   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

All what stated above is dead, on also thanks for the power claw to big choppa ratio I had no idea on that. I would say get some burnas and chuck them in a battle wagon they can shoot there templets out the front of the wagon it's great! Also there is no great feeling them rolling 60+ dice when your slugga boyz go into combat orks are a ton of fun to play. i hope you are able to get the modeling down cause they look great (who though rusted metal plates stuck together with nails could look so cool)
Old 10 Oct 2009, 21:27   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

You could try a battlewagon brigade with 2 squads of 20 boyz in BW's, 2-3 squads of Nobs In BW's With Warbosses and a BW with eithe lots of guns or with a FW Supa-Kannon, just cos' it looks badass. It's a Fast, Tough, manouverable and insanely fun to play army.
UDL
ultimatedragonlord is offline   Reply With Quote