Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Deffkopta dakka
Old 07 Sep 2009, 01:43   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Deffkopta dakka

Ok so i dont know how well known this fact is to the ork community- i would assume most people know this- orky rokkit launchers are dead stompy. But to fill in anyone who didn't- heres the breakdown:

Range- 24": not outstanding, but better then a number of ork weapons

Strength- 8: now this is half of why they are the ultimante Space Marine (and thier equivlents) killer. the S8 may tempt you to aim these weapons at the nearest piece of light armor and let your BS5 do the talking (or not haha). Now i perfer to resist this method. S8 has the ability to instant kill almost all basic and some elite infantry in any army. If only it could pierce the armor...

AP- 3: ... oh wait... they can! now this is the reason it blows MEQs out of the water- or maybe just out of their power armor ;D.

Type- Assault 1: it seems anything can be an assault weapon for da orkz

Ork BS- 2: damn it. It seems it was to good to be true.

How do we overcome this detrimental failure of shooting prowess? Deffkoptas, deffkoptas, deffkoptas.

Why would i take a small, expenise unit that can do a seemingly small amount of damage. A) They are highly mobile.... B) when they take those deadly rokkit launchas they are twin-linked.... C) 2 wounds a piece with an actual save! D) After their first round of shooting they may draw enough fire to give some of your main column some bullet free movement.

I have 10 of these in my army and i almost always take at least 6- all with rokkit launchers- and one buzz saw (a PK equivlent) per squad. A skilled commander will utilise the scout rule to deploy them in a way in which they can destroy enemy Flayed Ones, Devestators, Noise Marines, Berserkers, Vanguard, Sterngaurd or any other infantry that normally can actually put up a fight in CC or will riddle you from a distance very quickly, leaving only thier relatively weaker counterparts to fight your horde. And if you fail to destroy a squad shooting and need to tie them up- weather on a kopta or not, these are ORKS and can hold thier own in CC- especially when equipped with a buzzsaw. Thank god for assault weapons. If you use this deadly unit right your opponents will soon come to fear them. And how rightfully so.

Well this was my first attempt at writing something worthwhile- so let me know what you think- agree disagree, "in addition"s and whatever you'd like.

92% of teens have moved onto rap--- If you ARE part of the 92% who don't disown an entire genre of music just because they think they're too good to be part of any majority, and if you ARENT part of the 8% of judgemental people who think they're the "music police" and believe themselves to be above the rest of us and think they are the only ones with valid tastes post this on your profile!

Watson9801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2009, 01:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Deffkopta dakka

They're BS2, not BS5. BS2 means 5+.
Shas O Behavva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2009, 01:51   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas O Behavva
They're BS2, not BS5. BS2 means 5+.
thanks champ!!

i was thinking about the 2+ roll- ill change that for you
92% of teens have moved onto rap--- If you ARE part of the 92% who don't disown an entire genre of music just because they think they're too good to be part of any majority, and if you ARENT part of the 8% of judgemental people who think they're the "music police" and believe themselves to be above the rest of us and think they are the only ones with valid tastes post this on your profile!

Old 07 Sep 2009, 02:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I've heard about people using the Scout move as a Turbo-Boost, and then being in 1st Turn charging range to vehicles or... maybe Crisis suits

Also, the T4(5), 4+, and 2 wounds are good for making them resilient to said angry enemy fire...

Just additions, because I've fought 'em a few times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Yeah Ahab, your not nearly dirty minded enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Spectre
Mass Effect Two please have my babies.
Help people at the hungersite.com
Shasel_Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2009, 03:00   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath

I think that a tide of deffkoptas with bigbomms taking the 6" scout and 24" turboboost, then dropping bombs like no other would be fun :P
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
HiveFleetGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2009, 07:10   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I like the Big Bomm idea, ive tried before but opportunities havent presented themselves as easy as you'd expect. What i feel is that it'd be better against an army with alot of infantry like nids.

Yeah you cant scout move into an assault so thatd only work if it was first turn- but ive never thought of bum rushing your suits in turn one due to the fact that the koptas serve as one of my better fire support units.

Old 07 Sep 2009, 08:30   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Last night my rokkitkopta/buzzkopta combo scout boosted in front of a unit of three destroyers, and wiped the floor with them on turn one. My koptas got gunned down by warriors the next round, but they killed the ultra shooty unit, and the warriors weren't shooting at my trukks or stormboys.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2009, 17:11   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

The important thing is getting first turn. A cheaper unit of Koptas kitted with buzz saws and TL Big Shootas might be in order if you're going after XV8s and vehicles, because you're A) bound to win and B) definitely gonna get shot to klkn

And given that PNW usually gives people 1st turn you could spring some crazy shtlk on him >. He'd probably cry cheese, but it's not.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08 Sep 2009, 22:12   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutfox
Last night my rokkitkopta/buzzkopta combo scout boosted in front of a unit of three destroyers, and wiped the floor with them on turn one. My koptas got gunned down by warriors the next round, but they killed the ultra shooty unit, and the warriors weren't shooting at my trukks or stormboys.
Yes that is the perfect way to use them in my opinion. I dont hear a whole lot about them from other ork players which led me to think they were underrated and write this post. Thank you for helping illustrate my point.

Oh and Ahab good idea to try it on PNW first he'll like it. (in a hate it sort of way )

Old 09 Sep 2009, 03:00   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson9801
Oh and Ahab good idea to try it on PNW first he'll like it. (in a hate it sort of way )
Hey, if he values "playing to win" so much >...

Now that I think of it it'd be pretty nasty against Mac too. Tie up some of his scary shooty units in the first turn, then he has to decide whether to support his shooting support in CC or write them off and try to stem the Horde

It might work against me (Eldar) except that I'll be prepared for it and might just put all my stuff in Reserves :funny:
Quote:
Quote: