Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

painting orks
Closed Thread
Old 01 Sep 2009, 10:57   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default painting orks

what colour do you think that i should pain my orks i was was thinking for the hair red what do you thinl :funny: ;D
Old 01 Sep 2009, 12:24   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: painting orks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamer1100
What colour do you think that I should paint my orks? I was was thinking for the hair red. What do you think? :funny: ;D
Please post with appropriate punctuation and grammar, noted on the quote I've marked up. People won't respond if they have no idea what you're trying to say. Rules on posting are located here: http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php/topic,1675.0.html
Old 01 Sep 2009, 20:03   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to sneroplex

I have a trukk driver with red hair, looks pretty sweet. Your army may lack variety however if you paint them all with red hair.

I think you should paint the skin green, but other than that paint them however you want - with orks it doesn't matter if you stick to one specific theme or not due to the nature of freeboota's clans but be warned that it's easier to play the game and keep track of units if different units have certain features that distinguish them from other units, for example when you get two big mobs of boyz into one assault and you start pulling casualties you'll need to be able to know which boyz belong to which unit.
I shook city walls and towers, wreaking havoc in the streets. Burned palaces of cowardly kings, not a one stood up to me (fools). Bear bloody banners in blazing skies, brandish battle-axe and broadsword! Let drums of glory sound like thunder, hail Barbaric Warlord!
Old 11 Sep 2009, 06:15   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor{DoH}
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamer1100
What colour do you think that I should paint my orks? I was was thinking for the hair red. What do you think? :funny: ;D
Please post with appropriate punctuation and grammar, noted on the quote I've marked up. People won't respond if they have no idea what you're trying to say. Rules on posting are located here: http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php/topic,1675.0.html

On a scale of 1-10 i had zero problems reading that post at all. Not the best example of bad grammer on the internet. There was like 3 uncapitalised letters and a missing period. Assuming people aren't retarded they will most likely be able to figure it out.

But as they are the RULES they must be followed... anyway, on to the post. The color of the orks hair should vary depending on the type of clan you are trying to portray. For example if goffs, maybe use black with white highlights, or if Snakebites use earthtones, ect.

Read your codex to determine what clan best fits you and your playstyle.
92% of teens have moved onto rap--- If you ARE part of the 92% who don't disown an entire genre of music just because they think they're too good to be part of any majority, and if you ARENT part of the 8% of judgemental people who think they're the "music police" and believe themselves to be above the rest of us and think they are the only ones with valid tastes post this on your profile!

Old 11 Sep 2009, 20:05   #5 (permalink)
Nox
Shas'Vre

Watson9801 the rule is there, in part, because English isn't everyone's first language. If someone struggles with English then broken english will be that much harder for them.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 01:43   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

When painting orks, start with green. You know, the most important color. Then figure out what other colors you want where, such as brown or black on the armor, bolt gun metal on the weapons, ect ect. I have found the easiest way to paint orks is with a somewhat dark green spray paint, followed by a lighter green on the non recessed skin areas, then colors of your choice on the armor, cloths + weaponry. Hair is completely up to you, however using a color that compliments your other choices is a good option.

In terms of proper English, should someone try to translate a post with, say, a free translation program, broken English makes it that much harder. Also many people here suffer from their eyes effectively starting to bleed if the post is messy enough.
Orks 15 3 2 (Mekboy and weirdboy based force with boyz, deffkoptas and walkers)
Chaos12 2 4 (Infantry based chaos)
Old 14 Sep 2009, 03:46   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by juraigamer
In terms of proper English, should someone try to translate a post with, say, a free translation program, broken English makes it that much harder. Also many people here suffer from their eyes effectively starting to bleed if the post is messy enough.
Ok I think you people don't understand me, I'm all for the rule, but knit-picking every last gramatical error in every post created is extrememly counter-productive (ex. this post) as it both gets the post off topic AND is on the whole unnessecary to do.

It's unnessecary because 80% of the internet is in english (this is generally attributed to the highly capitolist markets in America that make possible creating a website for great monetary gain, for example MSN, Google, Amazon, Youtube, Facebook, twitter, e-bay and Myspace were all created in the US) and of that 80%; a large chunk is in terribly botched English. This is due to the popular spread of very, very commonly used abbreviations that can now be found in almost all facets of the web and mobile to mobile communication to speed up the process of typing.

If these non-english speakers go to any other English web-pages and have them translated they will surely encounter this abbreviated "language" of sorts. It is almost in thier best interest to pick the dialect up and to be able to decipher it and use it interchangeably with other english words.

Again, this is just my personal thoughts on the matter, which I am certainly entitled to. But one more time I would like to reiterate the point that I do 100% agree with this rule in it's entirety and support it to continue. I simply think that there is a big diference between a post with missed puntuation and uncapitolised letters and a post that is entirely in "internet" lingo. I feel it is a matter of moderation in monitering and enforcing this rule.

Oh and my eyes have never bleed from reading anything- and never will.

Thank you.

In concerns to the question at hand in this post please refer to my previous response, as it still stands regarding the question. I just had to defend my position.
92% of teens have moved onto rap--- If you ARE part of the 92% who don't disown an entire genre of music just because they think they're too good to be part of any majority, and if you ARENT part of the 8% of judgemental people who think they're the "music police" and believe themselves to be above the rest of us and think they are the only ones with valid tastes post this on your profile!

Old 14 Sep 2009, 12:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Locking this thread since it's derailed and serving no purpose.