Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Snikrot Ambush Question
Old 30 Jul 2009, 17:45   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Snikrot Ambush Question

My buddy played Snikrot last night for the first time and he was telling me that he comes in on any table edge, so when it came time for deployment he put him right in front of where I was sitting on my side of the table. That legit? I'm used to outflanking units coming on the short sides so I was unsure. Plus since I'm starting up Orks, I'd like to know for my own benefit. Doubt I'll use Snikrot though. He and the Kommandos attacked, lost CC and fled off the table to die.
stevedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2009, 17:50   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: Snikrot Ambush Question

Yes, Snikrot and his Kommandoz can come from any table edge (due to his Special Rule). Even yours!
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2009, 19:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

The trick with Snikrot is to charge the right unit. What did your opponent attack, and did he have burnas in the squad too? The unit is expensive with Snikrot and they are just regular choppa boyz. The last battle I had with him Snikrot and his kommandos killed a leman russ, a Chimera, and flamed two guardsman to death.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2009, 19:55   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutfox
and flamed two guardsman to death.
Like 2 as in 2 wimpy, mushy conscripts or 2 as in 2 whole squads? One is impressive, the other is lol-worthy .

And Zenai got it (like usual, ): any board edge. I think the trick to using him is probably making use of his ability to catch foes in a pincer attack, using Snikrot to make sure you get your Kommandos where you want them as well as choosing the correct targets for the situation. He's basically a reliability upgrade as well as bringin' some extra "oomph" in CC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Yeah Ahab, your not nearly dirty minded enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Spectre
Mass Effect Two please have my babies.
Help people at the hungersite.com
Shasel_Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2009, 19:58   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

It was only 2 guardsman. In the burnas defense they were flaming over the back end of the leman russ, and the guardsman were in a bunker so it only hit a few. If targetting a guard unit normally expect to kill just about the entire unit though.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 20:20   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Ah, I get it. I don't think the bunker would've had much to do with it though, because Template weapons ignore coversaves. Anyway. Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Yeah Ahab, your not nearly dirty minded enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Spectre
Mass Effect Two please have my babies.
Help people at the hungersite.com
Shasel_Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2009, 22:30   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

He had 7 Kommando with Snikrot charging a 6 man Tac. Squad. 2 had burnas, one had a PK. He shot the 2 burnas, I made all my saves. Then he charged in and I took out 4 of his kommandos in CC and he only killed 2 guys with the PK. Took LD -2 for the wounds he lost CC by and then fled off the table edge by rolling a 5/6.
Old 31 Jul 2009, 01:11   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Well, if he had snikrot that is an illegal unit, as boss snikrot replaces any nob you can get in the unit, and the nob is the only one that can get a PK. Wich is why im scared to take him, he seems way too expensive to me to not get a PK, but then again coming in on your opponents table edge would be pretty fun.
*edit*
They should not have just walked back off the table edge i dont think, they should have to run all the way across the board, to his player board edge. Since they were not less than half strength they would have a chance to regroup.
skybronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2009, 02:15   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yes, Snikrot should have run towards his board edge, not the one he came in on. Also, if assaulting things with power armor you should never use the burnas in the shooting phase, use them in assault and hit with six power weapon attacks instead. Use the burnas on hordes, and things with crappy armor, that choppas can deal with easier.

I think the point difference and not having a power claw is worth the ability to come in on any board edge. That power claw doesn't do any good if you roll poorly, and have to run across the board to find a tank/MC/IC.
Old 31 Jul 2009, 02:29   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I thought if a unit failed it's morale check(with CC modifiers) then it fell back 2d6 towards the nearest table edge and since the nearest edge was 7" and he rolled 11" then they were gone. Am I confused? Because I am now. ;D