Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

tank bustas and glory hog questions.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 20:40   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default tank bustas and glory hog questions.

as subject says, i have afew questions about them!

i absolutely love the tank busta models, they just look awesome in my opinion. After talking to afew ork players, the general opinion is that because of glory hogs, they are terrible because they must ALWAYS move shoot assault, regardless of range. I'm under the impression due to that rule, they can never actually "Run", is that correct?

If i were to start the game, with them purposefully not in line of sight of enemy armor could i load them into a trukk and drive the trukk around as normal afterwards?

(Glory Hogs doesnt effect the trukk i guess what what im asking?)

the idea is then you have a 12'' (13'' if red paint job) moving, 24'' shooting tank killer squad, un-hindered by their slow moving rules. Because trukks are open topped, they'd all be able to shoot right? I think that is a half decent idea, but only if what im talking about actually works... if not then i cant see tank bustas being any good really, as they'd be too slow moving to catch anyone close enough... vehicles could easily outrun them.

and just so people are aware, yes i know if they CANT see enemy vehicles, they can move/shoot and whatever, as normal.

has anyone used Bustas to any success? if yeea please explain, id love to use them in games but as it stands, im doubtfull

edit - also since its sort of on topic, how do orks deal with things of AV14, such as monoliths and land raiders? str8 missles would be very tricky as the best they can do is glance.
skippy35671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jul 2009, 20:50   #2 (permalink)
PNW
Shas'Vre

Default Re: tank bustas and glory hog questions.

To answer your last question, POWA KLAWZ!
At least, thats how my friend does it
I have no idea about your other question though
Old 19 Jul 2009, 20:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Alright, even if shooting from a vehicle, Tanbustas need to shoot at the nearest enemy vehicle.

Now, the problem with your idea is that you cannot shoot from a vehicle that moved over 6", even if it is fast. You COULD disembark, though, and use the Trukk as a LOS-blocker to certain closer enemy vehicles....

As for dealing with AV 14 vehicles - Tankbustas in CC are an option, as is everything armed with a Klaw - Nobs charge with S9, a Warboss even with S 10 - enough to rip open most tanks. With ranged attacks, you're actually a bit slumped...

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2009, 01:48   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

thanks guys, that helps alot! i forgot all about FCharge adding +1 str and making Klaws a str 9/10.

so i really cant shoot Bustas if i move a vehicle 12 inches? i must have missed that rule... i know vehicles cant shoot their weapons, but im not familiar with passengers and how it effects them
skippy35671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jul 2009, 02:26   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

In addition, don't forget that you can wait until the Tankbustas are your last unit to shoot. If an opponent baits them (the Tankbustas) with a empty Rhino, try destroying the Rhino with something else first. This is at least an option.
Old 26 Jul 2009, 02:36   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Good call.

I have had moderate luck with Power Klaws against Monoliths, but it is still pretty tough. At least Tankbustas aren't going to be distracted against a Necron army.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2009, 21:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I've found some success with using a Weirdboy with a group of Tankbustas.
A favorite (somewhat suicidal) tactic is to Deepstrike the Tankbustas behind a group of armor and then let go with Rokkits and Bomb Squigs. The squigs hit the closest target (usually twice if you don't roll ill-fatedly) and then the rest of the rokkits slam into the rear of the uh, next closest target. With rear armor shots (unless you're shooting at a Land Raider) you've destroyed or at least severly mauled two vehicles.
Another fun trick is to combine a Zzap (melta attack) with the rokkits. The Zzap has a deceptively long range, and will really put the hurt on whatever you're shooting at.
In any case, remember that in the long run, the Tankbustas aren't really that useful (i.e. expendable) as they can't contest an objective, are fairly small in size, and have to attack vehicles. If they can force the opponent to deal with them and leave the rest of your army alone for a turn, they've done their job.

Best,
-BT
BigToof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2009, 22:28   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Also: forgot to mention, but they are the ultimate in terms of securing objectives from Tank-shocking. With the auto-hit, they automatically place their Tank-busta Bombs, and any transport is bound for some hurt. If you miss, then you lose one Tankbusta (oh well).

Best,
-BT
BigToof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 15:00   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to F3AR

Thats an awesome strategy. Trying that next game >
Deathwing: 9-5-3
F3AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 20:56   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

You also have to remember that Tyranids don't have tanks.....so shoot whatever you want >
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote