Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Da Ork Warboss doez'n kno wat hez doin!
Old 04 Jul 2009, 21:25   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Da Ork Warboss doez'n kno wat hez doin!

Ok I didn't know where to put this but since all the things I want to find out is to do with Orks I'm just gona post it here.
After buying the Ork Codex yesturday from my local store there was some parts where I didn't understand well (english is not my first language).
So any clarification wold be a big help on my way to lead a Waaagh!.
1) Ok there was already a thread for this but anyways. A kustom force field gives any one 6 inches a 5+ cover save. Does that include enemy models?
2)Tank Bustas has a Tankhammer in it's wargear. It says it gives them 10 str in Assault but in the description it says it's a rokkit on a pole so can you also use the 10 strength in shooting as a anti-tank weapon?
3)DeffCopta's special attack "bigbomm whatever". Don't really get that so can anyone explain this to me more easily.
4)In AOBR rule book it says that Shokk atakk gun is a Ordance weapon but a Big Mek can use it but aren't Ordance suppose to be vehicle used guns?

I don't really care about number four since I'm not looking forward to buy a Big Mek with Shokk attack gun but all the rest will be a great help.

LotR Armies:
Misty Mountains (50%), White Hand of Sarumuan (60%), The Fellowship of the Ring (75%)
Spare LotR units: Haradrims of the South (95%), High Elves of the Last Alliance (95%)
Orkish_Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2009, 04:09   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: Da Ork Warboss doez'n kno wat hez doin!

Quote:
1) Ok there was already a thread for this but anyways. A kustom force field gives any one 6 inches a 5+ cover save. Does that include enemy models?
Strangely, yes but you're already within 6" so that means Assault.

Quote:
2)Tank Bustas has a Tankhammer in it's wargear. It says it gives them 10 str in Assault but in the description it says it's a rokkit on a pole so can you also use the 10 strength in shooting as a anti-tank weapon?
Nein, it's a CC-weapon so you can't shoot it much like you can't use Rokkit Launchas in CC.

Quote:
3)DeffCopta's special attack "bigbomm whatever". Don't really get that so can anyone explain this to me more easily.
If your Deffkopta flies over an enemy model (even if you Turbo Boost), you can place a large blast template over it. It scatters D6" and anyone below it will be hit. Check the Deffkopta entry for the Bigbomm stats.

Quote:
4)In AOBR rule book it says that Shokk atakk gun is a Ordance weapon but a Big Mek can use it but aren't Ordance suppose to be vehicle used guns?
Ordnance can be used by anyone. The Ordnance just shows how powerful the SAG are against vehicles.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2009, 11:40   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai
Quote:
Ordnance can be used by anyone. The Ordnance just shows how powerful the SAG are against vehicles.
Nay, I'm afraid not. Ordnance rules can be found solely under the vehicle rules; which means that they are vehicle-only. In theory. The Shokk Attakk Gun actually has a special rule that it is treated as a "Heavy weapon" for firing purposes.

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2009, 13:07   #4 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrBonesaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai
Quote:
Nay, I'm afraid not. Ordnance rules can be found solely under the vehicle rules; which means that they are vehicle-only. In theory. The Shokk Attakk Gun actually has a special rule that it is treated as a "Heavy weapon" for firing purposes.

Cheers,
-Bone
Oh right. Must be something leftover from the 4th Edition.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2009, 15:05   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I don't think it much matters what section the rules are found under if they don't explicitly say that Ordnance is for Vehicles only. Granted a clarification had to be made that it was treated as heavy for the purposes of movement and firing, but it is still classed as Ordnance.

I don't see how that makes a big difference in any case, that's my take.

I also wouldn't worry much about whether the Kustom Force Field grants the cover save. I mean, yes, it does, but that only matters if you remember to shoot your Sluggas that turn, and even then only if you're fighting Tyranids, Kroot, or other Orks. It's generally easy enough to move around anything that you don't want to give a cover save to, but unless you play an ork army with massive amounts of shooting, then it's hardly worth even considering that disadvantage.

Mournus Skitarii 3rd Legion, the Will of Mourn

Kaffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2009, 15:33   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaffl
I don't think it much matters what section the rules are found under if they don't explicitly say that Ordnance is for Vehicles only. Granted a clarification had to be made that it was treated as heavy for the purposes of movement and firing, but it is still classed as Ordnance.

I don't see how that makes a big difference in any case, that's my take.
Well, it does, to rules-lawyers like me ^^.

Ordnance weaponry has no shooting rules under the "shooting" section, like heavy. Since it is only mentioned in the vehicle section, we have no clue about how it works if an infantry model is armed with it. So, meh. GW could have spared us a lot of trouble by giving the SAG just Heavy 1, big blast, and rolls 2d6 (discard lowest) for armor penetration.

Quote:
I also wouldn't worry much about whether the Kustom Force Field grants the cover save. I mean, yes, it does, but that only matters if you remember to shoot your Sluggas that turn, and even then only if you're fighting Tyranids, Kroot, or other Orks. It's generally easy enough to move around anything that you don't want to give a cover save to, but unless you play an ork army with massive amounts of shooting, then it's hardly worth even considering that disadvantage.
Actually, enemy units cannot profit from the KFF - I refer you to the newest GW FAQ, page 3, top left corner:
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...March_2009.pdf

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2009, 15:30   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I stopped giving any heed to FAQs published by GW after that abysmal Daemons of Chaos FAQ. Heralds of Tzeentch can master any lore of magic other than their native lore, for instance.

I feel like the words 'any model' remove the ambiguity personally, and it makes sense logically. Plus it doesn't effect balance really except that not allowing the opponent to use it shifts the power even more in the Orks favor (I didn't think about vehicles hiding in it if the Big Mek doesn't have a Power Klaw - that could make a difference), and Orks definitely don't need to be any stronger.

So it doesn't really make sense for opponents not to use it from any point of view. Logic, balance, and even RAW really, if you discount the FAQs that GW piles so much bull shit into.

Just one Ork's opinion.

Mournus Skitarii 3rd Legion, the Will of Mourn

Kaffl is offline   Reply With Quote