Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Iz be mad!!!! (Things about converting
Old 04 Jul 2009, 04:28   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Iz be mad!!!! (Things about converting

Ok is their anything in the Ork army that is actually worth converting
For example: Necron Warriors can be converted into Immortals (with skills and patience of course! ) but is their anything for an Ork. Obviously a boy can just turn into a nob unless itd be a Ork Nob Midget which would look ridiculously Embarressing if you are using it in a tourny etc.
Post if you can think of anything that will turn a unit to something more special like a boy into a commando, yet another boy into a tank busta or a warboss into ghasszul wateva warlord

LotR Armies:
Misty Mountains (50%), White Hand of Sarumuan (60%), The Fellowship of the Ring (75%)
Spare LotR units: Haradrims of the South (95%), High Elves of the Last Alliance (95%)
Orkish_Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jul 2009, 09:12   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Iz be mad!!!! (Things about converting

There are 3 threads in the Ork Library in which someone converts normal Boyz into Tankbustas, Burna Boyz and Stormboyz. I advice you to check them out
Pesmerga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2009, 12:39   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Kommandos are easy, just give them a stikkbomb backpack or the stikkbomb arm (one of mine has a stikkbomb chucka from a trukk nailed to his slugga ;D) and they're worth it.
Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2009, 03:36   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to Boss Hank

With enough skill and the right spare parts, almost any model in the ork force can be converted into a different one.

I took a normal biker and turned him into my rendition of Gutsmek; put a load of extra shoota barrels on his dakka guns, replaced his hand with an oversized chainsword, put a shoota from the old truck model onto his shoulder, then the bosspole with the grot on it even got some guns attaches, call him the Dakka-run now

Anyway, just an example. I love the orks because you can make them more of a personal army than any other force in 40k. Happy hunting =)

~Gasgrakh, Goff Nob
Boss Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2010, 16:37   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I find Orks to be, by far, the best and easiest for converting. I have converted a bunch of spare parts from my Bitz Box to make a unit of 5 kommandos, all equipped with kustom gunz, overburdened backpacks and a bunch of other dead sneaky tools such as scope goggles, an uzi, a silenced pistol, and a pump action shotgun, and I didn't use a single bit of green stuff.

I also have a unit of tankbustas in the works, and I converted a whole Land Raider Crusader into a looted wagon complete with a huge Boomgun (kinda wish I could keep the armor of the LRC though...)

I'm crazy about converting Orks, so if you feel you may need some advice feel free to PM me.
Old 02 Oct 2010, 11:21   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

you can turn nobs into flashgitz by adding more armour and giving him more dakka for his gun

Last edited by gamerdude; 02 Oct 2010 at 18:27.
gamerdude is offline   Reply With Quote