Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ork wargear/combo tactica.
Old 24 Jun 2009, 14:57   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Ork wargear/combo tactica.

**sorry mods, this should be in the ork board**

I love using units of 10 foot nobs. I've never had the chance to include nob bikers in my army, but i'm here today to review and try to help make nobs that bit more popular.

Warboss mayham

A warboss able to make a single unit of nobs a troop choice is definately a game winning rule.

The battlewagon

I would always take my nobs in a battlewagon as the ability of getting to the enemy faster never ceases to pay off.
As for battlewagon upgrades, I would always give the battlewagon: 1: armour plates. This is almost vital as not being able to move is an orkz worst nightmare. 2: A single (or even 2) big shootas. Although you will hardly ever be firing these, it's a safety precaution as, if your opponent gets the "armament destroyed" destroyed result, your battlewagon will be immobalised . It depends whether you take 'ard case or not, but I never do as driving up 12", dis-embarking and assaulting is priceless.

The nobz

I love to take a fully upgraded, very 'ard unit of nobz, but in case you can't decide, i'll run you through the options.

Wargear.

Kombi-skorcha. Good for taking out some of a dangerous unit (4+ save or worst) as they will be striking before you, and might kill a nob or two. MAYBE.

Kombi-rocket. I can't really see the point, as it's almost a must to take a single PK in a squad. It will miss alot too. NO.

Big choppas I personally love these, as they nearly always wound on a 2+ against most infantry, and they can also tackle monsters. I usually take 7 in a squad of 10. YES.

Power klawz (PK's) I would always go for at least 1. The are superb at taking out anything short of SM assault terminators will 3+ inv. save. The can tackle anything and add a hell of an AT puch to your army. I take 2 in a squad of 10. YES

Painboy I would say this is vital. The amount of times feel-no-pain has saved me when my armour hasn't is outstanding . I always take one. YES

Stikkbombz This can be useful if you don't have a kombi-skorcha, and even if you do have one, you won't get to use it on your WAAAGH! turn.
MAYBE.

WAAAGH! banner Another must-have. The ability to hit MEQ's, TEQ's, GEQ's, anything WS 4 or lower on a 3+ is immense. And for only 15pts, this is a great piece of wargear. YES

Bosspole I don't tend to take these on my nobz, instead I take them on independant characters joining the squad. However, it can come in extremely useful is you have a nob squad without an IC in. MAYBE

Mega armour This is an exiting, but expensive choice. A unit of 10 meganobs and a warboss or Ghazghkull in mega armour (in a battlewagon) is always a game winner. However, I havn't had experience with them so i'll leave you to decide that one. DEPENDS ON STYLE OF ARMY.

Bikes As i'm doing a footnob tactica, i'll leave this option out.

'Eavy armour Combine this with a painboy and your right in the money. A unit with 'eavy armour majorly increases their staying power. On this note, you wouldn't want bolter shells going through your 6+ :P YES

Cybork body Although you have to take a painboy to have these, I will always field my nobs with 'eavy armour, cybork body and a painboy. The amout of times orbital bombardment, lascannons, battlecannons and the like have been saved by the 5+ inv. is great. As you have to have the painboy as well, the unit become superbly resilient to AP3 and AP4 weapons as well.... heavy bolters... **cough, cough** YES.

Ammo runt Although a re-roll to hit can come in useful, the only likely weapon the nobz will be firing is the skorcha, if that. Plus, it's only one per game NO

Now that we've got the bulk of the tactica finished, I'll finish by telling you two of my favourite ork nob combinations.

1:

The cheeky-cheap monster/tank slayer.

3 Nobz. =210pts.
3 Power klawz
Painboy
Cybork body (all)
WAAAGH! banner.

At a first glance, it may not seem that cheap, but believe me, it is cheap by nob mob standards.

The basic tactic for this is stick these guys in a cheap battlewagon with armour plates and let then tear away those tanks and monsters alike. (A trukk may also work, but requires more finesse.

Another "to look out for" is don't let this squad go into the enemy lines upsupported. The will take out a chunk, but aren't as resilient as main nob squads.

Hell on legs.

10 nobz =455pts.
WAAAGH! banner
All cybork.
All 'eavy armour.
painboy.
2 power klawz
7 big choppas.
kombi-skorcha

Although very expensive, this unit always causes havoc. Simply run up these guys in a cheap wagon and let them to their best in the enemy battlelines.... >

Thanks for reading and i'd be happy for C&C.

Thanks again,

Scar.
Old 24 Jun 2009, 15:15   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: Ork wargear/combo tactica.

You dare step on Warlord Nezfang Skargut's foot!?!?!? > > >
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2009, 17:50   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Are you actually annoyed?

If you want, I will delete it.

I suppose i'm allowed to do what I like though...
Old 24 Jun 2009, 18:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Don't mind Zenai. Attention makes him a bigger Ork than any actual combat ever will. :

That being said, his tactica does go over the options well enough that yours' seems unneeded. :P

Definitely an A for effort though, since you tried to explore Nobs without having to uncontrollable rave about the bikes.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2009, 18:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Thanks, I'm not really someone who writes tacticas for a "living", I suppose I enjoy writing them to make people happy and infromed.
Old 24 Jun 2009, 18:28   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

I, for one, would love to see more people "informed" about options other than Nobs on bikes. :-[

Sadly, Ork players love those bikers like crazy though. They're pretty hard to kill as well, which doesn't help the situation. :P

Old 24 Jun 2009, 18:31   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Strangely enough, i've never actually used nobz on bikes, but i've heard that they're dead kiily
Old 24 Jun 2009, 18:50   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I ran a unit of Nob Bikerz with a boss exactly once, but since I don't usually play at a super competitive level my tooled up trukker Nobs do just fine.
Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2009, 01:03   #9 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nruk BloodKlaw (scar face)
Are you actually annoyed?
Slightly then I remembered mine is better :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin
Don't mind Zenai. Attention makes him a bigger Ork than any actual combat ever will. :
Well, duh! The loudest Warboss makes the best Warboss. It takes a might voice to shout to those gitz running away from a good fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nruk BloodKlaw (scar face)
Strangely enough, i've never actually used nobz on bikes, but i've heard that they're dead kiily
Nobz themselves are pretty killy. The Warbikez just make them faster and 'arder.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2009, 01:40   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai
Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin
Well, duh! The loudest Warboss makes the best Warboss. It takes a might voice to shout to those gitz running away from a good fight.
You'd make a damn good BFG Ork captain. Shouting into pipes is how they mainly communicate on those hulks.