Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Taking out terminator lords?
Old 23 Jun 2009, 18:16   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Taking out terminator lords?

Last time I played a small 500pt battle against my friends chaos army he took a chaos lord with deamon wepon and mark of Slaanesh meaning he could have a maximum of 10 attacks at iniative 6 that instant kill any unsaved invulnerable saves. I won but only had 8 boys and a nob left. Next time I play him in a bigger battle I'm worried he will take out more of my army and so I won't have any support for my squads as he normally targets Zanzag and his nob retinue. What would you suggest to wipe him out in time so I still have Zanzag to support the rest of my army?
Relic blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2009, 21:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Taking out terminator lords?

Shokk attack gun would be a fitting end to a slaanesh worshipper, let him feel a bunch of snotlings ripping at the inside of his intestines
AP2 or 3 weaponry with high strength is just what you want, maybe hang back and shoot him lots
of course he has a 1 in 6 chance of wounding himself instead of your orks so that would be fun for you
maybe a mob of 30 shoota boys with 3 big shootas could do the trick, what sort of retinue does this lord get? that might help
Old 24 Jun 2009, 02:05   #3 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Nobz and Power Klawz solve everything. Well, that is my own opinion and my own bias~ness, of course. Nobz can have Cybork Bodies which confer an Invulnerable Save that would at least help against Power Weapons. Warbikez can up their Toughness so he has to wound on a 5+. His Chaos Lord is still pretty much a T4 model so a unsaved Power Klaw Wound and rip him up good and proper.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2009, 07:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Don't play that sneaky git - fielding a Terminator Lord in 500 points is... unsporting.

When playing small games, I usually make sure we use the Combat Patrol games from 4th Edition (no models with more than 2 wounds, no 2+ saves, no vehicle with more than 33 armour, no ordnance, at least one troop choice, maximum of one HQ).

It really makes for a mroe balanced game.

As for bigger battles: Yeah, Powerklaws work, but I wouldn't send in a Nob Mob - normal Sluggas with a Klaw-Nob should work fine.

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2009, 08:54   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

well if you look CmdrBonesaw, he never actually mentioned terminator armour, this makes it easier to kill him at range of course and when you finally do kill him, that is a large chunk of his army gone, basicly, unless you are willing to risk a fair number of boyz in combat, shoot him, plain and simple
Old 24 Jun 2009, 13:30   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammerz
well if you look CmdrBonesaw, he never actually mentioned terminator armour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic blade
Taking out terminator lords?
Reading the topic title never hurts. :

I agree with Bonesaw that at 500 points applying Combat Patrol rules is a good idea. If you don't have a 4th ed. rulebook, one of the PDFs is still up on the old GW site.
Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2009, 13:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'll third the notion of Combat Patrol. Small games are supposed to be fun and quick, it's why they created Combat Patrol. If someone puts down an HQ like that in a small game, well they are just out to win, and your only choice really is to throw everything you have at it and that's just not a fun game.
Old 24 Jun 2009, 21:41   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well, I'll stay out fo the debate of taking a Lord in a 500 point game, but even a lucky rokkit shot will insta-kill a Lord. They aren't that tough.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2009, 16:15   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

[quote=Cammerz]
Shokk attack gun would be a fitting end to a slaanesh worshipper, let him feel a bunch of snotlings ripping at the inside of his intestines
AP2 or 3 weaponry with high strength is just what you want, maybe hang back and shoot him lots
of course he has a 1 in 6 chance of wounding himself instead of your orks so that would be fun for you
maybe a mob of 30 shoota boys with 3 big shootas could do the trick, what sort of retinue does this lord get? that might help
[/quot
Old 25 Jun 2009, 16:17   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammerz
He has 10 chaos marines with mark of tzeentch