Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Gretchin?
Old 23 Jun 2009, 18:09   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Gretchin?

Is it useful to have more than one squad of gretchin to put in a truck and hold an objective after the boys have taken it for you or to have a couple of squads of shoota boys to take the objective then hold it for you, but is that a bit of a waist of points.
Relic blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2009, 18:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Gretchin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic blade
Is it useful to have more than one squad of gretchin to put in a truck and hold an objective after the boys have taken it for you or to have a couple of squads of shoota boys to take the objective then hold it for you, but is that a bit of a waist of points.
I would definately have a squad of gretchin 10-20 defending the objective instead of boyz. However gretchin cannot take a trukk as a transport, but they can use a trukk that an ork mob has set up in then disembarked.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 18:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Normally Boyz are the unit of choice for the average unit-capturing job but Grots have the advantage of being cheaper so if you keep a 30-strong mob of them sitting on a "home" objective and use "go to ground" then you will be getting a 6-2+ cover save (depending upon what amount of cover the objective is in) This unit will be 120 points and can have a 2+ cover save against enemy atacks which is pretty good in anyone's books.

My advice:
Grotz are ace at capturing objectives
Boyz are da best!

Hope i've been of help, CS
jimmy_mymail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2009, 08:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to wyrd_ian

I Say you should just take a mob of 20 grots in a deffrolling battlewagon. your battle waagon would be the star player with 20 str3 shots at Bs 3 on the move. No one would concider it as much of a treat until bam!, splat!, Crush! followed by the squeeky cheers of your crew. you'll have a mobile objective holding unit at the very least.

KQD
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
wyrd_ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2009, 09:00   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

And when it blows up how many Grots survive?
limpchickeninabizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2009, 11:04   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to wyrd_ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Ol' Shakey
And when it blows up how many Grots survive?
Does it matter life is cheap when your a grot and besides you shouldn't think of it as a unit of grots in a battle wagon. It is in fact a battle wagon with a little present. The mob of grots are more of a upgrade than a troop choice anyway.

KQD

Edit

I've just had a thourght I shall Utilise this tactic in my own Ork force. A wall of tanks crewed by grots Sceening my Ork mobs behind. Tanks smash though lines, orks mop up broken units while my grots scamper for cover near or on the objectives.

KQD
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
wyrd_ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2009, 16:14   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks for the advice hopefully it will come in handy and help me win.
Relic blade is offline   Reply With Quote