Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Mega-nobs, grots and zombies
Old 18 Jun 2009, 13:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to wyrd_ian
Default Mega-nobs, grots and zombies

Hi all

How would I build an all foot slogging Mega-nobs force back up with and with only Grots?

KQD
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
wyrd_ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2009, 13:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Mega-nobs, grots and zombies

Maybe it's me but I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.
Old 18 Jun 2009, 13:54   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor{DoH}
Maybe it's me but I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.
I want to build some kind of 40K Zombie force & I like the rules for Mega-nobs being my massive cyborg mutants and the grot stat line for my Zombies. I just want to know if I can build a playable force with only these units?

KQD
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
Old 18 Jun 2009, 14:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Gotcha.

You can do a playable one but not sure how effective it would be. Taking a Warboss lets you field Meganobz as troops, so 2 Warbosses gives you two Meganobz mobs as troops. Grots of course are troops and very cheap, so you'd have yourself an interesting mix of dead 'ard units and big tarpits.

The problem I see your running into though is...well many. Meganobz are slower than Grots, so if you use Grots to screen the Meganobz then your entire force is moving pretty slowly, don't want the Grots too far ahead. Grots can definitely tie up units but aren't going to do much more than that unless you're fighting IG or Tau. So, the Meganobz are going to have to hammer in to back up the Grots if you want to clear out a unit. Since the Meganobz would be your only real shooty and assault unit it's going to make for a lot of decisions during the game. A list like this could work but it would be unreliable at best in my opinion, but certainly doable.
Old 18 Jun 2009, 14:34   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

what other units Could I model into rediculous 'fanboy' zombies?

KQD
Old 19 Jun 2009, 02:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Just take Mad Dok Grotsnik as one of your HQ choices, but use him as a count as model for an undead ork dok. Then give everything in your army cybork bodies, which could count as being harder to kill because they are undead, not that they have metal plates in their heads.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2009, 06:33   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Suitably bulked up running zombies could easily stand in for Bikers...

If you've seen/played L4D, basic shooting stuff can represent Boomers or Smokers.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jul 2009, 17:07   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

modleing problem.

I don't know wether to use chaos terminators or ogers to be my oversized cyborg mutants. Also if I do choose one could I then use the other to make killakanz?

I'll post a list this weekend hopfully.

KQD