Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I need some help!
Old 10 Jun 2009, 22:30   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default I need some help!

My friend and I just got done with a battle involving his Imperial Guard and my Orks. The problem is that he totally destroyed me! :-\ I used: 1 warboss, 5 nobz, 5 kommandos (including 1 nob), 20 ork boyz, 10 shoota boyz (including one nob), 5 Lootas and 3 deffkoptas. He used 3 squads of normal IG, 2 heavy weapon platforms and a LeMan Russ. I followed generally good tactics (I think) but as I advanced to attack him, he just kept mowing me down. I'm not sure what I should get/do to combat his multiple barrages of 20 shots. Should I get some grots or trucks or is there something I should be doing? Help me out please!
zeldafan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jun 2009, 23:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: I need some help!

Actually all my guard squads were veterans and i also had a command squad. but whos counting and the points were 750 or so people usually like to know that.
commanderbrightsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2009, 00:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: I need some help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragga the Slayer
I used: 1 warboss, 5 nobz, 5 kommandos (including 1 nob), 20 ork boyz, 10 shoota boyz (including one nob), 5 Lootas and 3 deffkoptas.
A pile of questions for you:
  • What size game were you playing?
  • What equipment did your Kommandos, Nobz, Boyz, etc. have?
  • How did you use said units?
  • Did you have any anti-tank options?

Basically, from the initial post, I'd say you are a victim of minimizing units that really shouldn't be minimized. Minimized Kommandos & Lootas are worthless. If you're using only the Kommando Box (i.e. no Burnas, etc) that says a lot. Running two small mobz is pretty worthless too.

Quote:
Should I get some grots or trucks or is there something I should be doing? Help me out please!
Trukks and boyz for low point games. If your insistent upon using small mobz, trukks are a must. If you're okay with bulking up your units, then I'd go with units of 20-30 boyz with as many special weapons as you can use. Without buying anything, you could probably experiment with this on your own...using Lootas as Big Shoota boyz and Kommandos as regular boyz until you get your head around it.

But my advice is that every Ork army should have at least two units of Trukk Boyz (Nob + 11 Boyz) or two units of maximized Boyz (1 Nob + 29 boyz). You could even field this set up in 500 point battles...though you may have to drop a few boyz to pick up some weapons.
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote