Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Taking out abaddon and Khorne bezerkers.
Old 29 May 2009, 16:21   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Taking out abaddon and Khorne bezerkers.

How would you recommend killing abaddon and khorne bezerkers with an assaulty ork force. I'm teaming up with another player using my small black reach force

Pleases delete this account, I apologise for any upset caused by the actions of my brother - sorry.

Please delete, thanks!
pulse-carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2009, 16:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Taking out abaddon and Khorne bezerkers.

In CC?

Not much for Abaddon really, Kharn can be insta -killed easily enough with a surviving PK.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2009, 17:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I'd get a Shokk Attack gun, but since you're limited by the Black Reach contents, charge the Bezerkers with your Nobs, and hope you can keep your Boss around long enough to rip into Abaddon with his claw. Also remember than Abaddon has a daemon weapon, so pray to the dice gods that he'll roll a 1 with it.
Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2009, 21:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

ah! I know it's a bit of a revive, but I'd appreciate more insight on this topic as well. I too am having extreme difficulty dealing with berserkers. With the charge,with the large mobs, either way they seem to cleave my boyz too quickly for my taste. But with a 3+ save and my friends hands of fire, there seems to be no end to their Kill Main Burn spree!!

the only solution i've come up with success is small mobs of nobz that charge zerkers, kill the squad, and die in return.
Warboss Vandersnag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2009, 00:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

My favoured tactic against berserkers is to use 30 'ard boyz (w/ sluggas & choppas, nob w/ power klaw) with a big mek (w/ burna and attack squig) but thats mostly because I like the unit and its got the numbers.

you could always try sticking a big unit of burnas in a looted wagon/battle wagon and counter attack the berserkers if you lure them out with a cheap unit of boys.

Please correct me with my spelling! (I know it's terrible)
gumgum921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2009, 03:09   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Have you considered shooting them? Ork firepower works on the same basis as horde Orks in assault: make your opponent roll zillions of dice and eventually they will fail. Shoota boyz, lootas, looted wagons, grotzookas, and the SAG all can bring Marines of all kinds down through either armor-piercing or weight of fire.
Old 18 Jun 2009, 04:35   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

My best luck with Termies, of either variety, is indeed shooting. Don't cater to their strong suit, assault. Take 20-30 Shoota Boyz and just unload on them. Once you've reduced them down then you charge them, not before.

Once, so not going to vouch for reliability, I had Snikrot with Kommandos who had 2 burnas, and they just tore through Space Marine Termies. Snikrot's re-rolls on misses was great, and wounding on 2's. What he didn't bring down the burnas and choppas did. They tore down a 5 man Termie unit in a turn.
Old 18 Jun 2009, 08:38   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

In a combat patrol tournament I had a trukk full of shootas just stay back and Austrialian peel away from the bezerkers while firing. I killed the entire squad and didn't loose a single boy. I would only think about charging them if I outnumbered him like 5:1.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2009, 08:31   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

SHooting is indeed a great idea! But what if the berserkers in question are locked away in an invincible landraider my poor orky boy'z can't get through?
Warboss Vandersnag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2009, 13:44   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Shokk Attack Gun and a prayer to Mork (or perhaps Gork if that's more your thing). Alternatively, a klawed Biker Boss can rip it up from behind and hope that Abbadon moving slowly will prevent the Berzerkers from getting to him. Even if you lose the boss, he'll already earned points back for the raider and now you can shoot 'em up.