Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Killa Kans
Old 07 May 2009, 17:06   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Killa Kans

Hi,

I've been lurking around these fourms for a while finally made an account and had a question.

If in 1000-2000 i have a friend that plays orcs and runs 9 killa kans with a Big Mek with custom force field. oh and he runs all the kans with grotzookas so heavy 2 small blast.

I need some ideas for killing them any army is fine but i normally play chaos or tau. the more more i look at it i think getting them into close combat is the way to get them but im not sure its not like thats all he brings. In higher point games he runs 2 def dredds as well.

Let me know what you guys think
thanks
bleh5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2009, 17:15   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Killa Kans

just hit them with meltas for chaos or high strength tau weapons, if a killa kan gets immobilized or worse then it won't harm you, if you roll weapon destroyed, take out the DCCW
When they are coming towards you, they will most likely run not shoot so just shoot them as much as possible and perhaps get a power klaw in combat against them
Old 07 May 2009, 17:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Against Grotzooka Kanz, you should go all-mechanized with your Tau. The strength on a 'zooka is barely enough to glance a devilfish and won't even touch a hammerhead. Whats more, you would have the mobility to keep out of their charge range.

You can also use your Jet packs to keep shooting the kanz with melta and then jumping out of charge range. I know I'd hate you to do that against my kanz, so it must be good. ;D
Droofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2009, 17:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I've thought about doing the nine kans; they are just so much fun. What type of unit is the big mek with? I would target him first and get rid of that pesky obscured save. After that the tau have tons of weapons that are perfect at crunching kans. Railguns, ion cannons, missile pods, fusion blasters, and to a lesser extent plasma rifles, and railrifles.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2009, 17:46   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

The thing is in 1250- 1500 he is running 2-3 squads of boys. So the big mek isn't as easy to kill as you think. And then your taking all of your shots towards the boys and not the kanz and by that time i have 18 str 6 blasts coming my way. the last time we play i ran 9 suits and he had two big meks. HE just kept making his saves. By turn 3 he was in close combat and i had only killed 4 kanz and all his boys were barely touched. Its just so hard. Even with all the fire power he still can just get that cheap cover save..
bleh5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2009, 19:00   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Here's an idea, in battles like that, ignore the kans and meks, just kill all the boyz, if you wipe them out then he can't take any objectives and might even through in the towel after losing all those models
Old 08 May 2009, 03:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I agree with Cammerz, don't try and kill them all, focus on your mission objective.
Two out of three require you to hold objectives, so kill his troops and he cannot win, sure he can still play for a draw, but he can't win
Sargaule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2009, 13:48   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Isn't ignoring the killa kanz against a dreadmob sort of like ignoring the lash princes when playing against a dual lash list?

Beware! You'll end up being tabled if you ignore the kanz too much.
Droofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2009, 14:21   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

ask him politely to stop running such a cheese list and see if he can actually play?
Old 08 May 2009, 17:09   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Why not use any ordinance shot from a hammerhead or two on any foot slogging boys then when you believe you've done enough damage (as you could just about any unit with that shot) you can use your solid shot on the kanz.

I hope that helps.

Please correct me with my spelling! (I know it's terrible)
gumgum921 is offline   Reply With Quote