Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Are chaos bikers a problem?
Old 21 Apr 2009, 14:21   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to megagnat1
Default Are chaos bikers a problem?

Are chaos bikers a problem for anyone?
They are T4 for instant death purposes but 6 with the mark of nurgle.

How do you guys take care of them? Lootas?
Old 21 Apr 2009, 14:32   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Are chaos bikers a problem?

Power Klaws are always fun. Alternatively, the Guardsman in me just provides the default answer of "Pie Plate them"; find some way to apply Ordnance.

Alternatively, throw Nob Bikers at them. Everything is solved with Nob Bikers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2009, 14:49   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I have not faced them, but based on that info and the fact they are obviously fast, Lootas would be a good choice. You'll have great range and be wounding on 3's. However, I doubt you'll be able to rely on Lootas alone unless the bikes decide to just stay in your firing lane the whole time. You could of course field two units of Lootas to try and cover as much of the board as you can. Optionally, some Stormboyz with a PK would do well to be able to catch the bikes but depending on how many there are, won't be able to take them down on their own. Deffkoptas would be handy as well, fast, T5, and twin-linked rokkits will get you instant death with no saves.
Old 21 Apr 2009, 14:56   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to megagnat1

I have never played them either but my friend is starting CSM and he wants to have a biker heavy nurgle based list.
[hr]
-Shivers-
[hr]

I have two squads of lootas ;D. That should be good I think. And plenty of koptas.
Need to bulk up my bikers though. Hmmm...

Anyone ever play an army like this?
Old 21 Apr 2009, 15:39   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I am a chaos player, not an ork player. The common sensuous on Chaos Bikers by chaos players, is that they are far too expensive for what they do and a waste of points. They die just like normal marines, even the ones with T6 will take wounds on a 2+ from powerclaws and their saves are just power armour. Weight of fire will kill 'em and there wont be very many of them in a standard army. Or any S8 attack (or S7) and with AP3 or better will neutralize them. Only tricky part is if they turboboost. They don't have very many attacks, so locking them up in combat with a lot of orks will be a night more for the chaos player, if you have a powerclaws your bound to succeed.
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2009, 17:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Having played vs Slaanesh-type Bikers, I'd have to say that they aren't that big of a deal. As Marines, they're already 3+ armor save, and they don't have any cover save except when turbo boosting. They are useful for last-chance grabs for objectives, but they really aren't too dangerous. PKs of any kind will take care of them, no matter what kind of mark they have. Kannons are also a delightfully cheap way to take care of them. Oh, and remember they do flee 3d6", so they often times will run off the board if they lose a combat.
They are only really dangerous if they act as ablative wounds for some kind of nasty CC Biker Lord. I've seen a Slaanesh Lord with Daemon Weapon wreck havok on Nobs, and well, a Khorne Lord on a bike would just be awful too.

Best,
-BT
BigToof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2009, 07:32   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I use some Nurgle Bikers myself, and honestly, they aren't as scary as you think. Mostly just a Tarpit unit. I would honestly focus more on the real threat of a nurgle force, The Plague marines. I use my bikers to challenge a flank of the opponent's army and absorb most of the firepower that the enemy could better use elsewhere.
Deadman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2009, 15:38   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

My way of dealing with bikers is to use a shock attack gun, so far my shock attack gun has been very reliable and oddly (for orks) very acurrate and if on the odd acasion my mek gets accidently teleported into combat he has a burna. ;D
TheCleavelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2009, 15:48   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Not a huge problem I would think. They have the same issues as other bike units aside from Nob Warbikerz, in that they are fast and fairly durable, but also expensive and not very killy. Chaos can at least use them for summoning.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2009, 16:09   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

I would think that chaos bikers would have an aversion to killa kanz/dreadnoughts. If you get good positioning you can shield your more vulnerable squads from the bikers.

Big boy mobz needn't worry so long as they've got a nob with a klaw on board.
Droofus is offline   Reply With Quote